Choosing HDMI Cable - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-27-2020, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Choosing HDMI Cable

I need 4K compatible HDMI Cables from my receiver to my TV (15'), from my receiver to Playstation (5'), my cable box to my receiver (5'). What brand is the best?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-27-2020, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackQSG View Post
I need 4K compatible HDMI Cables from my receiver to my TV (15'), from my receiver to Playstation (5'), my cable box to my receiver (5'). What brand is the best?
Just buy appropriate length Monoprice certified HDMI cables from Amazon and you should be good.

AV equipment: LG 77C9, Sony 65X930E, Denon X4400H, Panasonic UB820, ATV 4K, PS4 Pro
5.1.4 Atmos setup: Klipsch RP-250C | RP-250F | RP-150M surrounds |SVS Prime Elevations (x4)
Subwoofers: SVS PB12-NSD |Outlaw LFM1-Plus

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super
post #3 of 9 Old 05-27-2020, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post
Quote:
Just buy appropriate length Monoprice certified HDMI cables from Amazon and you should be good.
Excuse my ignorance to this I'm unfamiliar with this topic, is their a specific brand that I should be looking for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-27-2020, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Monoprice is the brand.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-115...61&sr=8-1&th=1

AV equipment: LG 77C9, Sony 65X930E, Denon X4400H, Panasonic UB820, ATV 4K, PS4 Pro
5.1.4 Atmos setup: Klipsch RP-250C | RP-250F | RP-150M surrounds |SVS Prime Elevations (x4)
Subwoofers: SVS PB12-NSD |Outlaw LFM1-Plus

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super
post #5 of 9 Old 05-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 42
There are many sellers of certified cables with the QR code marker. Monoprice tends to be one of the lower priced ones. Blue Jeans Cables is another that is highly regarded.

Insist on the QR code.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-27-2020, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4043 Post(s)
Liked: 2899
Quote:
Excuse my ignorance to this I'm unfamiliar with this topic, is their a specific brand that I should be looking for?

Just look for an HDMI cable that is labeled as Premium High Speed HDMI and comes with a QR label on the packaging for authenticity. That means the cable has been certified by HDMI.org to meet all of the HDMI 2.0 options sets. The cables are passive and certification is only good up to 25'. Any cable mfr can submit their cables to an ATC (Authorized Testing Center) for certification so you have lots of choices. Just go with a well know mfr like BJC, MediaBridge, etc. Monoprice also sells Premium High Speed cables but they don't mfr their own cables.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Just look for an HDMI cable that is labeled as Premium High Speed HDMI and comes with a QR label on the packaging for authenticity. That means the cable has been certified by HDMI.org to meet all of the HDMI 2.0 options sets. The cables are passive and certification is only good up to 25'. Any cable mfr can submit their cables to an ATC (Authorized Testing Center) for certification so you have lots of choices. Just go with a well know mfr like BJC, MediaBridge, etc. Monoprice also sells Premium High Speed cables but they don't mfr their own cables.

Second this, you should have no problem outputting 4K with a fairly short run. Going for 50ft above though is another sorry.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Second this, you should have no problem outputting 4K with a fairly short run. Going for 50ft above though is another story.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-07-2020, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4043 Post(s)
Liked: 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by acho View Post
Second this, you should have no problem outputting 4K with a fairly short run. Going for 50ft above though is another sorry.

Any run over 25' (8m) and up to 90' (30m) the suggestion is to use a hybrid fiber cable like the Ruipro4k for 4k HDR. They are active cables and as such cannot be certified by HDMI.org, but the Ruipro active cables do go thru the same testing process by an ATC like the passive cables do.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page