Budget HDMI Matrix 4x2 suggestion. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bfb1963

post #1 of 5 Old 05-31-2020, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Budget HDMI Matrix 4x2 suggestion.

My Epson 5040 projector is HDCP 2.2, but my Denon Receiver AVR-X5200W is still just 2.0. I don't want to buy a new receiver, so is there a budget matrix unit folks have had success with that handles Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so I can get HDCP 2.2 video content on my projector and run audio through my receiver?
I would like to stay under $150, or even lower.

Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-31-2020, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4024 Post(s)
Liked: 2887
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfb1963 View Post
My Epson 5040 projector is HDCP 2.2, but my Denon Receiver AVR-X5200W is still just 2.0. I don't want to buy a new receiver, so is there a budget matrix unit folks have had success with that handles Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so I can get HDCP 2.2 video content on my projector and run audio through my receiver?
I would like to stay under $150, or even lower.

Thx!

That's an old receiver. HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.0. There is a poster who is very knowledgeable on matrix switches and what not so hopefully he'll stop by and give you some guidance but as to the budget part, I don't know. Good luck.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-02-2020, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
That's an old receiver. HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.0. There is a poster who is very knowledgeable on matrix switches and what not so hopefully he'll stop by and give you some guidance but as to the budget part, I don't know. Good luck.
It is an old receiver, but everything about it works except for HDR!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-06-2020, 03:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 356
'handles Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so I can get HDCP 2.2 video content on my projector and run audio through my receiver?' - that require more than a conventional Matrix will offer so unlikely you find a solution within the indicated budget.

HDFury have the AVR key (1x1), Integral² (2x2), Vertex (2x2) and Vertex² (4x2) which all have a 'legacy' AVR mode to allow you to pass full video to your Display plus full audio with a dummy HD/HDCP1.4 signal to your AVR.

If you use a conventional Matrix all Outputs put out the same signal and the Matrix will usually pass the EDID from both Sink devices (Projector and AVR) to the Source and the Source will configure to output a signal both Sink devices support - meaning the legacy AVR capabilities will dictate what the Source Outputs.

Joe

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

RuiPro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial systems.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-06-2020, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post
'handles Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so I can get HDCP 2.2 video content on my projector and run audio through my receiver?' - that require more than a conventional Matrix will offer so unlikely you find a solution within the indicated budget.

HDFury have the AVR key (1x1), Integral² (2x2), Vertex (2x2) and Vertex² (4x2) which all have a 'legacy' AVR mode to allow you to pass full video to your Display plus full audio with a dummy HD/HDCP1.4 signal to your AVR.

If you use a conventional Matrix all Outputs put out the same signal and the Matrix will usually pass the EDID from both Sink devices (Projector and AVR) to the Source and the Source will configure to output a signal both Sink devices support - meaning the legacy AVR capabilities will dictate what the Source Outputs.

Joe
Well, that pretty much does it for me then. Just going to have to get a new receiver. Thank you for the very informative response.
Joe Fernand likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page