Ruipro4k CL2 cables available on Amazon - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Otto Pylot

post #1 of 6 Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4043 Post(s)
Liked: 2899
Ruipro4k CL2 cables available on Amazon

I just received an email from Ruipro stating that their newly upgraded cable that is rated for CL2 is now available. I believe this is the same 4k cable that was previously available but is now rated for CL2 due to a slightly thicker jacket.
giomania likes this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-06-2020, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
any issues using their earlier version in the wall/attic? do you know if this is their upgraded 4k cable + CL2? Or just the previous version 4k cable that is CL2 rated now? Thanks!
post #3 of 6 Old 07-06-2020, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked: 567
The original wasn't? In the Q&A they said/implied it was: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07287LTRZ

Q: Can this be placed inside walls?
A: Yes it can, but we suggest that the cable should pass through a tube for protection.
By RUIPRO on April 7, 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-06-2020, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_ny View Post
any issues using their earlier version in the wall/attic? do you know if this is their upgraded 4k cable + CL2? Or just the previous version 4k cable that is CL2 rated now? Thanks!

The new CL2 rated cable is the same design (component-wise) as their original 4k cable. The only difference is that it is now CL2 rated which means that the jacket is a bit thicker with a little bit of flexibility loss.

You can run the cable in-wall but if you're house is ever inspected (for a sale) an inspector may have issues if the cable isn't labeled for CL2 fire rating. For in-wall installation the best thing to do is run your cable in a conduit. Inside the attic space you can choose to carefully lay it down and away from any HVAC/HV wiring or use a conduit as well.

post #5 of 6 Old 07-06-2020, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
The new CL2 rated cable is the same design (component-wise) as their original 4k cable. The only difference is that it is now CL2 rated which means that the jacket is a bit thicker with a little bit of flexibility loss.

You can run the cable in-wall but if you're house is ever inspected (for a sale) an inspector may have issues if the cable isn't labeled for CL2 fire rating. For in-wall installation the best thing to do is run your cable in a conduit. Inside the attic space you can choose to carefully lay it down and away from any HVAC/HV wiring or use a conduit as well.
Thanks! Most of my cable run is going to be in the attic until I need to drop it into the AV closet (Projector on the ceiling -> attic -> A/V closet). Are you saying the original version should be fine as long as it is in a conduit but the CL2 rated one is ideal if I go the non-conduit route from a potential house inspection perspective?
post #6 of 6 Old 07-06-2020, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_ny View Post
Thanks! Most of my cable run is going to be in the attic until I need to drop it into the AV closet (Projector on the ceiling -> attic -> A/V closet). Are you saying the original version should be fine as long as it is in a conduit but the CL2 rated one is ideal if I go the non-conduit route from a potential house inspection perspective?

It depends on what your local building codes require and what you are willing to live with. CL2 cabling is rated for a/v applications and HV up to 150v. I would imagine that laying it over your attic insulation would be fine but that would be up to an inspector. Using a conduit is highly advisable not only for the fire rating but it makes upgrading your cabling easier and safer because using conduit is the ONLY way to future proof your cabling. Adding a pull string for future additions is also a good idea. Do keep in mind that the best connection is a single cable, source to sink, with no wall plates, adapters, extenders, etc in-between and be mindful of bend radius.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page