What is the status of 1394 driver support? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-18-2019, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
What is the status of 1394 driver support?

I've been collecting legacy hardware that supports 1394 for a few years and finally I hope to start putting a working system together, but its not clear to me exactly what is and is not supported in current drivers. I'm flexible enough to buy some kind of older Macintosh, but everything I use now is PC based.

The heart of my AV is a vintage Sony 7100ES end to end digital receiver with 1394 inputs, and early HDMI (1.1 I think). Denon 3910 as one media source, the issue is playing media from from a PC (currently AMD Ryzen running Windows 10, but as mentioned I am willing to make changes on the PC end, with the caveat that low power in a 24/7 media server is highly desired) via Foobar 2000 and VLC. I'd like to keep digital, digital without any conversions with full functionality of the source media including SACD iso files of DSD which the 7100ES supports.

So short form of my question is what is possible with Windows 10, Foobar or VLC, and which 1394 cards and drivers, like ASIO for 1394.

Note I have no interest in inputting AV from a camcorder to the PC, only output from media and games etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Firewire 1394 Trade Association Q&A

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page