LG BH200: Mini-FAQ + Firmware Info (TrueHD 7.1, DTS-HD, 24p) + SD DVD Multiregion! - Page 96 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2851 of 2871 Old 05-17-2016, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mr.kludge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post
I plug the BH into my Oppo HDMI IN in the back. I can then use the darbee on it if I have to.
I wish that every player/device that has any form of processing ability had this feature. Should have bought an Oppo when I bought my Yammy.
mr.kludge is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2852 of 2871 Old 05-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dianabol5mg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
I wish that every player/device that has any form of processing ability had this feature. Should have bought an Oppo when I bought my Yammy.
The one thing that is cool about using the darbee function is that it doesnt mess with the film itself. You look at the fine details like shirts and edges and you adjust accordingly.

Sony 65A1E
LG 65EF9500
LG 55EG9100
Samsung 60F8500
LG UP870 Multi-Region
Dianabol5mg is offline  
post #2853 of 2871 Old 01-14-2017, 12:50 AM
Senior Member
 
jabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Hi could someone help me locate a download link, or kindly upload to mega for me, for the region free DVD zip file for the BH-200. The previous links are all dead.
thanks.
jabz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2854 of 2871 Old 01-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
jgantert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabz View Post
Hi could someone help me locate a download link, or kindly upload to mega for me, for the region free DVD zip file for the BH-200. The previous links are all dead.
thanks.
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.multi-region.net/lg_bh200
jgantert is offline  
post #2855 of 2871 Old 04-07-2017, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Been using my LG-BH200 more recently.
It's cyclical when there is crap in the Movie theaters or streaming doesn't seem as special an experience.

DTS-HD Master Audio seems to be the prevalent BD audio format.

Have forgotten if it's been confirmed if the BH200 can decode this format? Or just DTS-HD?


Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
tripleM is offline  
post #2856 of 2871 Old 04-08-2017, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mr.kludge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post
Been using my LG-BH200 more recently.
It's cyclical when there is crap in the Movie theaters or streaming doesn't seem as special an experience.

DTS-HD Master Audio seems to be the prevalent BD audio format.

Have forgotten if it's been confirmed if the BH200 can decode this format? Or just DTS-HD?

I've never had mine hooked up to my AVR (well a couple times before I got my Yammy for titles that would not play on my Sammy 5ks). Anyhow check the 1st post in this thread. DTS-HD and DD+ pass-thru only. DDTHD decode and send through PCM. Only mentions DTS-HD but I assume that includes MA as well? This is pretty consistent of players of that era. Same capabilities as the competitive Sammy BD-UP5000 mentioned before. Core DTS would probably be sent out if PCM in selected.
mr.kludge is offline  
post #2857 of 2871 Old 04-08-2017, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
I've never had mine hooked up to my AVR (well a couple times before I got my Yammy for titles that would not play on my Sammy 5ks). Anyhow check the 1st post in this thread. DTS-HD and DD+ pass-thru only. DDTHD decode and send through PCM. Only mentions DTS-HD but I assume that includes MA as well? This is pretty consistent of players of that era. Same capabilities as the competitive Sammy BD-UP5000 mentioned before. Core DTS would probably be sent out if PCM in selected.
I always send the PCM feed to my AVR as a rule since my AVR doesn't do all the type of basic decoding of today for me.

So you think only the core DTS is coming over from. The 200??

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One

Last edited by tripleM; 04-08-2017 at 05:56 PM.
tripleM is offline  
post #2858 of 2871 Old 04-08-2017, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mr.kludge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post
I always send the PCM feed to my AVR as a rule since my AVR doesn't do all the type of basic decoding of today for me.

So you think only the core DTS is coming over in that scenario?
Almost 100% positive of that. However DTS core is really decent AQ so you might not notice anyhow? Given an older AVR DTS-HD MA might be overkill anyway? Core 1.5mbps DTS sounds great to me but I can tell the reduced quality of low bps DD soundtracks (on many older BD releases). I'm not even sure how you could test to see if this is the case. If your AVR is 7.1 you might be able to tell if you only get a 5.1 input from the player when playing a 7.1 DTS-HD MA disc but it might give you 7.1 anyway?
mr.kludge is offline  
post #2859 of 2871 Old 04-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Nucleartiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Irmo
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This reminds me that I need to hook up my combo player and watch some HD DVDs. My kids want to do a Harry Potter marathon.

Feeling the Purple Power thanks to HD DVD and Blu Ray.
Nucleartiger is offline  
post #2860 of 2871 Old 04-17-2017, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mr.kludge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleartiger View Post
This reminds me that I need to hook up my combo player and watch some HD DVDs. My kids want to do a Harry Potter marathon.
Very nice. I own the treasure box and all the individual HP HDs. I probably have extras of some of them. Not all of them were released on HD however so you have to go BD for the last few.

The boss just watched both of the Hunger Games Mockingjay but she had to watch the DVD of the last one as I discovered that I was sold a damaged sealed BD of that last one. It spit it out then I noticed damage to the edge and a dent in the center of the disc and I just opened it within the past couple weeks to redeem the digital copy.

So far the LG has played everything I have thrown at it. Not the case with the Sammy BD-UP5000. I own a bunch of those and it is my goto player since the LGs were always harder to come by and more expensive. Still not too many problems, other than ANY recent FOX won't play anymore and I haven't thought to try them on the LG. Need to do that one of these days.
mr.kludge is offline  
post #2861 of 2871 Old 08-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG_BH200_Firmware_BH02100330A

Hi everybody,

I try to find a link like LG_BH200_Firmware_BH02100330A to set region sd dvd free for my bh200.
This link has broken.

Thanks a lot for all those who help me.
tektek is offline  
post #2862 of 2871 Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Member
 
joeags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tektek View Post
Hi everybody,

I try to find a link like LG_BH200_Firmware_BH02100330A to set region sd dvd free for my bh200.
This link has broken.

Thanks a lot for all those who help me.
Would this be what you're looking for? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...XlmT1RLWlVPSW8
joeags is offline  
post #2863 of 2871 Old 09-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Member
 
First XBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riverside
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have two LG BH 200 players. One keeps blinking reading disc. The other one seems to be going the same route, sometimes. Are they worth anything ? I've got the original box and remote for one of them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by First XBR; 09-14-2017 at 08:33 PM.
First XBR is offline  
post #2864 of 2871 Old 09-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Senior Member
 
brettwf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Huntsville, AL (Monorovia area)
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Anybody geeky like me with this example? For the LG BH200, I use purple HDMI cord, red for Toshiba HD DVD, and blue for various BR players and PS3/4.


Brettwf
brettwf is offline  
post #2865 of 2871 Old 01-27-2019, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Still alive anyone?
I am - but something strange happen today when i pulled out the Disney WOW Calibration BD to re-do my plasma calibration & noticed a high pitch beep sound intermittently within the soundtrack.
After calibrating was done & putting up with th beep, I put in the ole David Attenborough Earth HDDVD & the same high pitched beep was running through that too.

So stuck in something more contemporary in the Greatest Showman & everything performed as expected.

Any reason why this is occurring?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
tripleM is offline  
post #2866 of 2871 Old 01-27-2019, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mr.kludge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post
Still alive anyone?
I am - but something strange happen today when i pulled out the Disney WOW Calibration BD to re-do my plasma calibration & noticed a high pitch beep sound intermittently within the soundtrack.
After calibrating was done & putting up with th beep, I put in the ole David Attenborough Earth HDDVD & the same high pitched beep was running through that too.

So stuck in something more contemporary in the Greatest Showman & everything performed as expected.

Any reason why this is occurring?
Interference from loader motor? Some other temporary anomaly. Did you do a reset of the player? I forget how that is done on the LG.

The boss used hers to view A Simple Favor not to long ago and a couple other things over the holidays and I was impressed that it was still working and playing newer movies. I only have the one and a pile of the Samsung. Other than older BDs and HDs and upscale of DVDs the Samsung is pretty useless these days. I haven't ran mine in ages since I got my Oppos.
mr.kludge is offline  
post #2867 of 2871 Old 01-27-2019, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
Interference from loader motor? Some other temporary anomaly. Did you do a reset of the player? I forget how that is done on the LG.

The boss used hers to view A Simple Favor not to long ago and a couple other things over the holidays and I was impressed that it was still working and playing newer movies. I only have the one and a pile of the Samsung. Other than older BDs and HDs and upscale of DVDs the Samsung is pretty useless these days. I haven't ran mine in ages since I got my Oppos.
Oh, it's been a tank on the odd occasions I use it to watch BD's.
Mostly more current stuff, no problems.
You'd figure it be cake with older stuff, but that high pitch beep was constantly on throughout the entirety of the aforementioned discs, so I think made me think that it might be something else & not a mechanical failure.

I'll look into a reset. Thanks from the feedback.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
tripleM is offline  
post #2868 of 2871 Old 02-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dear fellow BH200 enthusiasts,
I am trying to source both the 0702 firmware update, and also the region free DVD hack. I have trawled though this thread, and even the latest links posted are either dead or the wrong thing.


I was able to download the latest March 2010 firmware from LG website and install, but network update fails when trying to download the 0702 update. I would like to try with USB if someone can provide a working download link?


Many thanks in advance, this player rocks even without the updates!
GamezGuru is offline  
post #2869 of 2871 Old 02-03-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mr.kludge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamezGuru View Post
Dear fellow BH200 enthusiasts,
I am trying to source both the 0702 firmware update, and also the region free DVD hack. I have trawled though this thread, and even the latest links posted are either dead or the wrong thing.


I was able to download the latest March 2010 firmware from LG website and install, but network update fails when trying to download the 0702 update. I would like to try with USB if someone can provide a working download link?


Many thanks in advance, this player rocks even without the updates!
Give this a whirl:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b7...aPA1F0eqHYwuIa
I also have many older f/w updates than posted on LGs site (looks like they kept the last 3 but not the loader update). This one fixes; Saw IV, Hitman and Enchanted BDs and presumably later releases by those studios?

Sadly I don't have the files or instructions for the region free hack. For some reason I was never interested in that since this player is the bosses in the Great Room system. Given I am now into other region DVDs and BDs I wish I did have it.

Last edited by mr.kludge; 02-03-2019 at 03:07 PM.
mr.kludge is offline  
post #2870 of 2871 Old 02-03-2019, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
sschen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
Give this a whirl:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b7...aPA1F0eqHYwuIa
I also have many older f/w updates than posted on LGs site (looks like they kept the last 3 but not the loader update). This one fixes; Saw IV, Hitman and Enchanted BDs and presumably later releases by those studios?

Sadly I don't have the files or instructions for the region free hack. For some reason I was never interested in that since this player is the bosses in the Great Room system. Given I am now into other region DVDs and BDs I wish I did have it.
I uploaded the DVD Multi Region Hack onto my dropbox folder. You can access it via the following URL:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yssiw4t66a...0Hack.zip?dl=0
Actionable Mango likes this.
sschen is offline  
post #2871 of 2871 Old 02-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wow, guys I'm speechless, thank you so much!


After all these years I can post such a question and get two prompt and correct answers in the same day - you're a testament to the forum and humanity in general! I'm sure these links will be appreciated by others too...


Best regards,
X
GamezGuru is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dual Format Players

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off