BD-UP5000 Universal Player Samsung [OFFICIAL OWNERS THREAD] & FAQ - Page 475 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 104Likes

post #14221 of 14225 Old 06-09-2019, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ok thanks. Ya the remote is for a AVR but it does work. There is both a setup/menu and back bottons that I have found but still trying to find out what other functions it has for the player. I really cant be picky about the price of the remote since I found it at goodwill for a $1!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14222 of 14225 Old 06-10-2019, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
I looked and I only have 1.3 onward. You really don't want to run anything before 1.3 as it is the one that has full bit-stream. However if I remember it is the one that re-introduced the 24fps tearing at the top of the screen (that may have been 1.4). You also don't want to run 1.4,1.5 or 1.6. There are MANY discs both BD and HD that don't function right with those. I was able to get several HDs fixed with 1.6. 1.7 seems to be the best overall release for me but I have reverted back to 1.3 on occasion. Also there are many Disney DVDs that won't play due to an incorrect region/encoding issue and the fix is to go back to 1.4 for that. However if you rarely play recent (since 2010 or so) Disney DVDs you won't need to do that.

1.3, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8 are available here; https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XplZnZZeDZFWTA
use 1.8 at your own risk. I created that one so check the date and you might figure it out. You might check older posts to see if someone preserved, uploaded and stored 1.2. I didn't think of doing that since that is what mine had on it when new so I never had to download it and besides the player as far as audio was useless to me until 1.3 anyhow.
Hi, I had been looking for v1.8 and downloaded it. However, the file is very small so doesn't seem correct. Can you check if it is correct? Thanks.
post #14223 of 14225 Old 06-10-2019, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by louielee View Post
Hi, I had been looking for v1.8 and downloaded it. However, the file is very small so doesn't seem correct. Can you check if it is correct? Thanks.
Did you read the Read Me file? If you look at the date and think a bit based on how I told you how the dates work you will figure it out. A hint. That update came out April 1st 2016 I think (year does not matter). Also the Read Me is kinda sorta relevant now but at the time it was kinda funny (at least I thought it was--maybe in a bit of poor taste?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14224 of 14225 Old 06-11-2019, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone have an option on which 1 is better between the lg BH100 and the BH200?
post #14225 of 14225 Old 06-11-2019, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik732007 View Post
Does anyone have an option on which 1 is better between the lg BH100 and the BH200?
Perhaps you should ask this question on the LG combo player thread. This one is for the Sammy 5k. I own a LG BH200 and it is a very good player. For HD and BD it about the same as the Samsung but fails in comparison on DVD upscaling. It seems a bit more refined than the Sammy and the firmware seems to have held up better also. I rarely use mine anymore but I don't recall a single disc we have tried that does not work. I know there are disc issues I have just never worried about it due the application I have it in. Like the Sammy it's dirt slow loading BDs, not too bad with HDs (in fact about the same as my real Tosh HD player and a bit quicker than the Sammy) It also supports BD live witch is BD profile 2.0 if I remember right where the Sammy does none of that. It's also much harder to find and to find parts and has always been quite a bit more than the Sammy hence why I own 7-8 of the Samsung and only one of the LG. If I remember correctly the BH100 was very short lived and quickly replaced by the 200.

Are you thinking for HDs or all around??? If you want one primarily for HDs get a Tosh (or one of the many based on the Tosh). The "real" HD players will generally play all of the released HDs were the Sammy and LG have issues with various imports, some movies which are only available as imports. If you want superior DVD upscaling the Sammy is he obvious choice, the LG being OK but not that much better than any other current BD player. For currently supported optical media (other than HDCD) the obvious best performer is the Oppo 203/205 and arguably there are a couple other newer ones out there that are very close or about to surpass the Oppo (and a whole lot less money now that Oppos are jacked through the roof). If you want a very good BD/DVD/CD/HDCD/SACD/DVD-AUDIO player your choice is the older Oppo 105 which is generally the go to deck for most audiophiles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dual Format Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page