Let's see pics of your stereo setup! - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5101Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3421 of 3434 Old 05-14-2020, 06:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Well it took 4 years to complete my setup (hopefully) 😉 but here’s a full view of my new listening/movie room (2 channel). Still missing the diffusers behind the Maggie’s but still sounds great and they’re being made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	733F5473-5F62-478B-89CE-8E19753671AD_1589505451741.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	2726414   Click image for larger version

Name:	A2204199-FA24-48A7-AD18-7031F9319491_1589505475332.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	2726416  
Patrick Bennett 2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3422 of 3434 Old 05-15-2020, 12:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Barranquilla, Colombia
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bennett 2 View Post
Well it took 4 years to complete my setup (hopefully) 😉 but here’s a full view of my new listening/movie room (2 channel). Still missing the diffusers behind the Maggie’s but still sounds great and they’re being made.
Rythmik sub with LRS?
yllanos is offline  
post #3423 of 3434 Old 05-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
skypop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 908
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllanos View Post
Rythmik sub with LRS?
Rythmik Subs match up good with Maggies. Just like any other sub,if you can Hear it it's too loud with Maggies.

2 Channel: Magnepan 1.7i's,Van Alstine Synergy 600 amp,Sanders Magtech Amplifier,Herron VTSP-3A,Technics SP10MK2/SME/Benz,Ortofon Cadenza Bronze,Sonore OpticalRendu for Streaming from A Synology NAS and Roon/Quboz....HT:126" Seymour AT Screen,JBL Studio 590's for LCR, Side and Rear Surrounds. Jbl SCS8'S for Rear Heights,2 Epik Empire Subs,Marantz 7702MK2,Proceed Amp-5,Outlaw 7125,Panasonic UB820 ,Toshiba HD35,JVC RS600. Black Velvet.
skypop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3424 of 3434 Old 05-15-2020, 03:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Barranquilla, Colombia
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypop View Post
Rythmik Subs match up good with Maggies. Just like any other sub,if you can Hear it it's too loud with Maggies.
Yeah that's what I've heard. I just invested in some MMGs a few weeks back. Wonderful speakers. And I am currently waiting for an LV12F sub.

Thanks
BufordTJustice likes this.
yllanos is offline  
post #3425 of 3434 Old 05-15-2020, 05:14 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
.7 with two rythmik l12’s. There another one on the other side of couch 🙂
yllanos likes this.
Patrick Bennett 2 is offline  
post #3426 of 3434 Old 05-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,906
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Let's see pics of your stereo setup!

Final setup for the foreseeable (speakers not withstanding). Including the Plinius Kaitaki Preamp, which I am enjoying thoroughly.




Running balanced XLR from my ADI-2 FS v2 via Cardas Parsec XLR and using pure silver Requisite Audio XLR’s into the Benchmark AHB2 monoblocks. Source is my Bluesound Node2 via a BJC / Belden 734D1 with Canare RCAP true 75 ohm connectors.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 05-16-2020 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Clarity
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #3427 of 3434 Old 05-16-2020, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
postrokfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 6,823
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 6789
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Final setup for the foreseeable (speakers not withstanding). Including the Plinius Kaitaki Preamp, which I am enjoying thoroughly.




Running balanced XLR from my ADI-2 FS v2 via Cardas Parsec XLR and using pure silver Requisite Audio XLR’s into the Benchmark AHB2 monoblocks. Source is my Bluesound Node2 via a BJC / Belden 734D1 with Canare RCAP true 75 ohm connectors.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The prototype Chanes looks great. Dome tweeter instead of the planar leaf?
BufordTJustice likes this.

2-channel: PSB Imagine T, Music Fidelity M2si, SVS SB-1000, Rega RP1, Pro-Ject Phono Box, Marantz ND8006
Living Room: Deftech Demand D9, Deftech CS9040, B&W ASW610, Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
Desktop: KEF Q150, Nuforce DDA-120, Lenovo Ultrabook
BR: MA Silver 2 (5th Gen), B&W ASW608, NAD 326BEE, Zen Blue, Marantz CD5004
postrokfan is offline  
post #3428 of 3434 Old 05-16-2020, 07:17 PM
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,906
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by postrokfan View Post
The prototype Chanes looks great. Dome tweeter instead of the planar leaf?

SB Acoustics 29mm ring radiator with the larger rear chamber and metal faceplate. It’s a really good sounding device.

Also, it’s “in addition to”, not “instead of”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
postrokfan likes this.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #3429 of 3434 Old 05-17-2020, 03:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Barranquilla, Colombia
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Final setup for the foreseeable (speakers not withstanding). Including the Plinius Kaitaki Preamp, which I am enjoying thoroughly.




Running balanced XLR from my ADI-2 FS v2 via Cardas Parsec XLR and using pure silver Requisite Audio XLR’s into the Benchmark AHB2 monoblocks. Source is my Bluesound Node2 via a BJC / Belden 734D1 with Canare RCAP true 75 ohm connectors.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluesound Node 2i could be my next purchase, can you please comment about it? Thanks
BufordTJustice likes this.
yllanos is offline  
post #3430 of 3434 Old 05-17-2020, 05:03 PM
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,906
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllanos View Post
Bluesound Node 2i could be my next purchase, can you please comment about it? Thanks

I have the Node2. Absolutely love it.

The BlueOS ecosystem is one of the better options. The best for the price. By far.

When using the digital out into a quality DAC like the Topping D90/RME ADI-2 FS/Schiit Gungnir Multibit/etc, you gotta look at upgrading to at least an Aurelic Aries G1 ($2699) to see net improvements across the board in sound quality over the Node2. I love that it’s UPNP able (stream FLAC off your NAS) and can support direct attach USB HDDs (which I use for my FLAC library).

The SPDIF outputs full 192k/24bit via coaxial connector.

I use Amazon Music HD and Tidal and may be dropping Tidal. Amazon can actually output the full boat (192/24) for the few songs that are encoded at that sample rate. Tidal you will get the first “unfold” via the digital output, but not the full rendering (which occurs via the analog outs). Sound quality is significantly better with “only” the first unfold and sending the digital out to my RME ADI-2 FS v2 than via the “full MQA unfold” via the Node2’s analog outputs.

However, the analog output compares very favorably to the Schiit bifrost delta sigma, so it’s very acceptable for the price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #3431 of 3434 Old 05-17-2020, 06:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Barranquilla, Colombia
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
I have the Node2. Absolutely love it.

The BlueOS ecosystem is one of the better options. The best for the price. By far.

When using the digital out into a quality DAC like the Topping D90/RME ADI-2 FS/Schiit Gungnir Multibit/etc, you gotta look at upgrading to at least an Aurelic Aries G1 ($2699) to see net improvements across the board in sound quality over the Node2. I love that it’s UPNP able (stream FLAC off your NAS) and can support direct attach USB HDDs (which I use for my FLAC library).

The SPDIF outputs full 192k/24bit via coaxial connector.

I use Amazon Music HD and Tidal and may be dropping Tidal. Amazon can actually output the full boat (192/24) for the few songs that are encoded at that sample rate. Tidal you will get the first “unfold” via the digital output, but not the full rendering (which occurs via the analog outs). Sound quality is significantly better with “only” the first unfold and sending the digital out to my RME ADI-2 FS v2 than via the “full MQA unfold” via the Node2’s analog outputs.

However, the analog output compares very favorably to the Schiit bifrost delta sigma, so it’s very acceptable for the price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I am planning to use the 2i DAC, as I just invested in new speakers and subwoofer so I'm out of budget for more equipment. My whole local library is served by Plex. I do plan on reactivating my Tidal account soon, but for the moment Apple Music will have to do (via AirPlay I guess?). There is no Amazon Music HD where I live and no Qobuz either.
skypop and BufordTJustice like this.
yllanos is offline  
post #3432 of 3434 Old 05-21-2020, 05:48 AM
EM3
Advanced Member
 
EM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Logan, WV.
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Couple pieces of new gear coming so I will have to do new pics. Thanks to the stimulus check I am awaiting delivery of a Marantz PM7000N and a new sub plus I changed my speakers to my closet banished Klipsch Heresy 2's. Last link in the chain would be a cd player but I will continue to use my dads Onkyo carousel cd player until i decide to upgrade it.

Pics will most certainly be coming.
BufordTJustice likes this.

This space for rent!
EM3 is offline  
post #3433 of 3434 Old 05-25-2020, 04:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Let's see pics of your stereo setup!

My first rig!
My starter setup includes:

Node2i
Quad 405 which I had rebuilt and upgraded by Dade
Focal 906

Nick V, m. zillch, skypop and 7 others like this.
I.T. Guy is offline  
post #3434 of 3434 Old 05-25-2020, 05:23 PM
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,906
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.T. Guy View Post
My first rig!
My starter setup includes:

Node2i
Quad 405 which I had rebuilt and upgraded by Dade
Focal 906


That’s beautiful!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Tags
Arcam , Auralex , B W , Denon , Emotiva Xpa 2 Stereo Power Amplifier , Infinity , Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System , Marantz , Mcintosh Labs , Nad , nikko , Onkyo Tx Nr807 , Pioneer , Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti A9 Floorstanding Speaker , ps audio , Psb , Rega , Sansui , Sonos , Sonus Faber , Velodyne , Vienna Acoustics

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off