Spotify Hi-Fi: Lossless Streaming Music Tier Likely Launching Soon - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #31 of 39 Old 03-06-2017, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Dear Spotify - Offer MQA, then you may get my business from Tidal. Otherwise, yawn.
MQA is intriguing, but for me, Roon access will do it. That is probably not going to take place, unfortunately, because they have already turned Roon down, but for me, Spotify is the king of the streaming services.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Spotify Hi-Fi: Lossless Streaming Music Tier Likely Launching Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
Google Chromecast Ultra .... HDMI to Receiver and viola...

Great; but then how do you sort through Artists & albums when running stream through Chromecast to your AVR?

Thanks

Primary set-up 5.1.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 522NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; Outlaw X12 Sub & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
post #33 of 39 Old 03-06-2017, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
Great; but then how do you sort through Artists & albums when running stream through Chromecast to your AVR?

Thanks
The chrome cast runs a app on your smartphone or tablet and that is used to manage the music and play it - a perfect interface..
And you can buy a cheaper chrome cast instead of the the ultra if you want.
yanks1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 Old 03-06-2017, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Thx on both Ash; but can the cheaper Chomecast stream lossless wi-fi? I thought only the Ultra can

Primary set-up 5.1.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 522NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; Outlaw X12 Sub & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
post #35 of 39 Old 03-06-2017, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
Thx on both Ash; but can the cheaper Chomecast stream lossless wi-fi? I thought only the Ultra can
The chrome cast is the device pulling music from the internet and providing the bits and bytes to the receiver to play over wifi (and in my case I use a hard wired ethernet cable but that makes no difference) - the Ultra is top of the line specifically for video 4K DV HDR etc.... for music only any chrome cast google device would do..

The tablet or the smartphone is merely a interface to use as a remote to the chrome cast device...

You can buy one of the chrome cast device and play with it and if it does not solve your purpose can return in during the return period....
post #36 of 39 Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm a premium Spotify member so I might try it if they offered a free trial.
yanks1 likes this.
post #37 of 39 Old 03-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 190
If your ears can notice a difference between free Pandora and regular $9.99 Spotify, then i think you will also notice a difference listening to lossless audio, weather on iPod or through Spotify. But again, it's all subjective. To me it matters, as I can tell the difference in quality of Pandora to Spotify even when listening in my car, Spotify just sound clearer with more high and mids that do not sound mudded so to speak, and the difference only becomes more evident when listened on home speakers through a DAC.

Can't wait for Spotify Hi-Fi, but again, is the price is double ($20 a month) I need to hear for myself if the difference to my ears between Spotify $9.99 vs $19.99 is worth $10 more.

If lossless will be limited to only certain songs/CDs and not 100% all available Spotify content, I will not be even considering paying any premium. It sounds good enough for me for $10 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #38 of 39 Old 03-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaellsv View Post
If your ears can notice a difference between free Pandora and regular $9.99 Spotify, then i think you will also notice a difference listening to lossless audio, weather on iPod or through Spotify. But again, it's all subjective. To me it matters, as I can tell the difference in quality of Pandora to Spotify even when listening in my car, Spotify just sound clearer with more high and mids that do not sound mudded so to speak, and the difference only becomes more evident when listened on home speakers through a DAC.

Can't wait for Spotify Hi-Fi, but again, is the price is double ($20 a month) I need to hear for myself if the difference to my ears between Spotify $9.99 vs $19.99 is worth $10 more.

If lossless will be limited to only certain songs/CDs and not 100% all available Spotify content, I will not be even considering paying any premium. It sounds good enough for me for $10 right now.

Interesting...I can tell the difference between Deezer lossless and Tidal lossless on my home system
Deezer is crisper, and Tidal has a heavier low end. I haven't heard Tidal's MQA yet though.

Samsung QN55Q8FN / Pioneer Elite SC-81 AV Receiver/ Outlaw 5000 Amplifier/ ELAC Uni-Fi B5 Book Shelves/ SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer/ Roku Ultra / Bluesound Node 2 / iFi SPDIF iPurifier/ MiniDSP 2x4 HD
post #39 of 39 Old 03-07-2017, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman99 View Post
Interesting...I can tell the difference between Deezer lossless and Tidal lossless on my home system

Deezer is crisper, and Tidal has a heavier low end. I haven't heard Tidal's MQA yet though.

I'm not even familiar with the MQA format, I literally just read about it today first time on another thread here regarding NAD BluOS and ability to play MQA files. Never heard of it before today
Maybe one day I can experience it for myself

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Tags
cd quality , lossless , spotify

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page