Power Sound Audio 2.1 System with MT-110 10" Speakers & 15V 15" Sub Review - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #61 of 63 Old 05-15-2017, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
No because a crossover creates a slope. Here's an example:

As you can see the response of sub and sat would need to be flat within one octave to the left and the right of the crossover point for a flat combined response.
In your chart, it looks like the sub and the sat intersect at 100hz. Is that why it's a "100hz crossover"? I thought a crossover is where the slope begins, rather than where it intersects the sub. So that chart would be more like a 200hz crossover on the sat?

Denon 1911
LCR: Polk RTiA7, CSiA6
Front height: 8" Monoprice in-ceiling
Rear: 6.5" Monoprice in-ceiling
Sub: PSA 15V x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 05-15-2017, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 5649 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdameron View Post
In your chart, it looks like the sub and the sat intersect at 100hz. Is that why it's a "100hz crossover"? I thought a crossover is where the slope begins, rather than where it intersects the sub. So that chart would be more like a 200hz crossover on the sat?
The crossover point is usually defined as the intersection of the low pass filter (of the sub) and the high pass filter (of the sat).

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
post #63 of 63 Old 05-16-2017, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Nice write-up and review. This seems like a really great little system. My favorite style of speaker for HT use is definitely a high sensitivity woofer and CD with horn. I use JBL Pro Cinema speakers in a 7.2 setup and I have dual of the PSA XV-15se, a fairly similar sub in specs and design and just a model older I believe, and they are wonderful.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Tags
15v subwoofer , MT-110 , Power Sound Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page