Integrated Amp Suggestions - Just ordered Magnepan LRSs - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan0354 View Post
If you have any particular amp you are interested, post the make and model, I'll look if I can find the schematic and internal pictures. Then I can comment more. I really don't know all the brands and models. The RA1592 picture looks good, too bad I can't find the schematic. But it looks to have more than 4 pairs of output transistors. That show it can drive and with high damping factor.( very important for hard to drive speakers).
1) Rotel 1592
2) Parasound Halo integrated

That's about it at this point.
Scotth3886 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alan0354's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 2,276
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked: 422
I looked at the pictures of both the 2.1 and the new Halo Hint 6. Here is the picture of Hint 6. only 3 pairs of output transistors, smaller internal heatsink.



Also more importantly, it does not have two pairs speaker outputs.



My pick is the Rotel RA1592 hands down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parasound Halo Hint 6.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	2556034  
Scotth3886 likes this.

Own designed power amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Nakamichi Stasis PA-7 power amp, Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.
alan0354 is online now  
post #63 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 2,978
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Integrated Amp Suggestions - Just ordered Magnepan LRSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan0354 View Post
I looked at the pictures of both the 2.1 and the new Halo Hint 6. Here is the picture of Hint 6. only 3 pairs of output transistors, smaller internal heatsink.



Also more importantly, it does not have two pairs speaker outputs.



My pick is the Rotel RA1592 hands down.

Perhaps the A23+ + P6 Preamp would be of interest then. Check out the internals for that...


Leave it at 8 ohms and call it a day :)
Russdawg1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Out-Of-Phase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 264
I believe the Rotel product is available 'in-store' only.

Do you have a Rotel dealer close by?

Bring in those new speakers and try them both out.

Save your money.
Out-Of-Phase is offline  
post #65 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russdawg1 View Post
Perhaps the A23+ + P6 Preamp would be of interest then. Check out the internals for that...


That's probably 2nd on my list. However, I need the A and B speaker selector.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #66 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out-Of-Phase View Post
I believe the Rotel product is available 'in-store' only.

Do you have a Rotel dealer close by?

Bring in those new speakers and try them both out.

I don't have a dealer that I'm aware of.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #67 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Rotel 1592 is the weiner
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #68 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Out-Of-Phase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Wow, do I get commission off that?

Maybe my calling is to work in an audiophile store after all.

Nah.

I hope you enjoy everything Scott. Keep us posted.
Scotth3886 likes this.

Save your money.
Out-Of-Phase is offline  
post #69 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alan0354's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 2,276
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked: 422
I found RA1592 in Best Buy, you have one close by?


https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rotel-4...?skuId=5708749

Own designed power amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Nakamichi Stasis PA-7 power amp, Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.
alan0354 is online now  
post #70 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan0354 View Post
I found RA1592 in Best Buy, you have one close by?


https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rotel-4...?skuId=5708749

We have magnolia departments, but you have to buy this from a magnolia design center so Chicago or Atlanta.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #71 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 04:03 PM
_tk
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
Two 7010s in two different stores helping the local Magnolia bois correctly place the ML ESLs. Just not a brand I'm interested in.
7010 = Chinese Marantz.

But I understand your stance.
_tk is online now  
post #72 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tk View Post
7010 = Chinese Marantz.

But I understand your stance.

Thanks. Even if its made on Pluto, no Marantz.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #73 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alan0354's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 2,276
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
We have magnolia departments, but you have to buy this from a magnolia design center so Chicago or Atlanta.



No Best Buy in your area? They are all over here. Email to them see whether they mail order. I think they bought out Magnolia Hifi.

Own designed power amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Nakamichi Stasis PA-7 power amp, Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.
alan0354 is online now  
post #74 of 159 Old 04-20-2019, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan0354 View Post
No Best Buy in your area? They are all over here. Email to them see whether they mail order. I think they bought out Magnolia Hifi.

We have four of five Best Buys with Magnolia departments, but no Magnolia Design Center. Atlanta or Chicago for that.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #75 of 159 Old 04-21-2019, 12:13 PM
_tk
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 230
This is also the reason why I had that thread about an integrated around $4K. There's a lot of mid-fi around the $1K-$2K range and not a lot that sounds really great and can drive demanding speakers.

That's why I had to increase my budget to include the $2.5K - $4.5K range. There one can get a quality amp that sounds good that can drive a demanding speaker.
_tk is online now  
post #76 of 159 Old 04-21-2019, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
torii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,234
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3589 Post(s)
Liked: 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Rotel 1592 is the weiner

classe has one option https://www.listenup.com/shop/electr...gma-2200i.html

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
torii is offline  
post #77 of 159 Old 04-21-2019, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
m. zillch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,847
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5331 Post(s)
Liked: 3842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
Rotel 1592
My 2 cents:

- seems like a lot of money to spend yet not buy separates
- although the bass and treble have "bypass" mode I'm not dead sure your incoming analog sources aren't being digitized, always, like it or not. The lack of a "pure direct" mode as it is called by some.
- seems to have a ton of digital inputs for an analog guy like you, yet lacks the one which seems to be winning out and is now appearing as the only kind of digital output on some devices: HDMI.
- my bet is you won't like the volume knob. Rotate your Yamaha integrated amp's volume knob, for example. Feel that friction? The Rotel won't have that and feels "vague".
- the preamp outs aren't terribly robust which could (potentially) be a limitation down the road, say if you wanted to attach an electronic crossover for better subwoofer integration. [Or it might be fine.]
- no bass management
- dual but identical sub outs without the capability to alter their frequency range, distance (delay), nor even level as best as I can tell [Hard to say without seeing the full menu.]

Otherwise I'm sure it sounds fine and has plenty of power for your needs.

Last edited by m. zillch; 04-21-2019 at 03:49 PM.
m. zillch is offline  
post #78 of 159 Old 04-21-2019, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post

Still need A and B speaker selector. Plus that thing is so f'ing ugly, but no question, that's a good deal.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #79 of 159 Old 04-21-2019, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
My 2 cents:

- seems like a lot of money to spend yet not buy separates
- although the bass and treble have "bypass" mode I'm not dead sure your incoming analog sources aren't being digitized, always, like it or not. The lack of a "pure direct" mode as it is called by some.
- seems to have a ton of digital inputs for an analog guy like you, yet lacks the one which seems to be winning out and is now appearing as the only kind of digital output on some devices: HDMI.
- my bet is you won't like the volume knob. Rotate your Yamaha integrated amp's volume knob, for example. Feel that friction? The Rotel won't have that and feels "vague".
- the preamp outs aren't terribly robust which could (potentially) be a limitation down the road, say if you wanted to attach an electronic crossover for better subwoofer integration. [Or it might be fine.]
- no bass management
- dual but identical sub outs without the capability to alter their frequency range, distance (delay), nor even level as best as I can tell [Hard to say without seeing the full menu.]

Otherwise I'm sure it sounds fine and has plenty of power for your needs.
My concerns are underlined above.

The intent is to use this upstairs in the LR system where I do play vinyl once in a while. I do want the AB speaker selector switch so I can power the Elac towers that will be going in the MB, and also so I can easily A vs B speakers, which no sperates have to the best of my knowledge.

HDMI is a bit of concern because I could end up with sort of a 2 channel HT thing going on up here.

I'm only using one sub up here so at least right now I can deal with just one mono sub output and I know I'll have two available. If I find that the Maggies like two subs, then I'll want the choice of stereo subs (using the pre-outs) or two mono subs.

I will of course AB with the Hegel so if the Rotel sounds better on the MLs this could end up downstairs and the Hegel up here.

I'm not going to do anything until the Maggies get here and see if I'm fine just like it is. I can't listen real loud up here because you can definitely hear it outside, which is not at all true of the system downstairs.

Thanks for the response. Some things to think about.

Last edited by Scotth3886; 04-21-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #80 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Keizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
Still need A and B speaker selector.
Open your options way up and ditch the built in A/B speaker selector. As mentioned earlier, speaker selectors on Amazon are all just cheap plastic pieces of doo doo. I looked and looked for a good one and found they don't exist. When I was recently looking online to buy an amplifier selector to use multiple two channel systems with one set of speakers, I ran into the same problem. Cheap plastic boxes with low grade components that I would not want in my chain of gear.

But then I found a company that specializes in custom high quality amps, preamps, switch boxes, etc. Here's a link and I have no affiliation beyond being a very satisfied customer https://www.facebook.com/mfspdesigns/. He built me a custom amplifier switch box with really high quality parts. He could easily make you an A/B speaker switch box that would put all others to shame.

Here's a thread I started with pics! https://www.avsforum.com/forum/173-2...witch-box.html
Scotth3886 likes this.
Keizer is online now  
post #81 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizer View Post
Open your options way up and ditch the built in A/B speaker selector. As mentioned earlier, speaker selectors on Amazon are all just cheap plastic pieces of doo doo. I looked and looked for a good one and found they don't exist. When I was recently looking online to buy an amplifier selector to use multiple two channel systems with one set of speakers, I ran into the same problem. Cheap plastic boxes with low grade components that I would not want in my chain of gear.

But then I found a company that specializes in custom high quality amps, preamps, switch boxes, etc. Here's a link and I have no affiliation beyond being a very satisfied customer https://www.facebook.com/mfspdesigns/. He built me a custom amplifier switch box with really high quality parts. He could easily make you an A/B speaker switch box that would put all others to shame.

Here's a thread I started with pics! https://www.avsforum.com/forum/173-2...witch-box.html
Thanks. This could be an option
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #82 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
m. zillch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,847
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5331 Post(s)
Liked: 3842
Bryston SWB-2
Adcom GFS-4, rare and hard to find but as good as it gets. It is a completely different animal from their more affordable [but still pretty good] GFS-3, GFS-6, GFS-300, and GFS-600.
Scotth3886 likes this.
m. zillch is offline  
post #83 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
Bryston SWB-2
Adcom GFS-4, rare and hard to find but as good as it gets. It is a completely different animal from their more affordable [but still pretty good] GFS-3, GFS-6, GFS-300, and GFS-600.

Bunch of Adcom GFS-3s and 6s on ebay, but no 4. I'll start watching for it.

Thank you!
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #84 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alan0354's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 2,276
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizer View Post
Open your options way up and ditch the built in A/B speaker selector. As mentioned earlier, speaker selectors on Amazon are all just cheap plastic pieces of doo doo. I looked and looked for a good one and found they don't exist. When I was recently looking online to buy an amplifier selector to use multiple two channel systems with one set of speakers, I ran into the same problem. Cheap plastic boxes with low grade components that I would not want in my chain of gear.

But then I found a company that specializes in custom high quality amps, preamps, switch boxes, etc. Here's a link and I have no affiliation beyond being a very satisfied customer https://www.facebook.com/mfspdesigns/. He built me a custom amplifier switch box with really high quality parts. He could easily make you an A/B speaker switch box that would put all others to shame.

Here's a thread I started with pics! https://www.avsforum.com/forum/173-2...witch-box.html

Now, the last one shown for switching speakers at least looks beefier. Definitely have a much better chance than those on Amazon. Still, I would try to avoid switch. My guess those switches are 20A type, not quite as beefy as my 40A relays, but at least it's substantial.

Own designed power amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Nakamichi Stasis PA-7 power amp, Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.
alan0354 is online now  
post #85 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alan0354's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 2,276
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked: 422
If I were in this situation, I would really try hard to fit two power amps so one drive only one pair of speakers. I understand if there is a turn table involved, it can be very expensive and it cost too much to duplicate two individual system. So just use one preamp driving two power amps. You control which speaker to drive by just turning on one power amp or the other.



Finding an amp that hav A/B speaker selector really limit the selection. You like tube amps, that make it even harder to find. With separate power amps, you open to a wide variety of good amps.....you might have those amps already and you don't even have to spend money buying a new one. You have a big room, there got to be somewhere you can fit an extra power amp.


You are very critical in listening, I just afraid you might not be happy if you put the limit.

Own designed power amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Nakamichi Stasis PA-7 power amp, Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.
alan0354 is online now  
post #86 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
torii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,234
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3589 Post(s)
Liked: 2023
Im very interested in these new maggies...wonder how my 2xnad 275bees bridged would do? might go see if my local dealer has em as they do carry the brand. I might just splurge on them.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
torii is offline  
post #87 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
Im very interested in these new maggies...wonder how my 2xnad 275bees bridged would do? might go see if my local dealer has em as they do carry the brand. I might just splurge on them.

The dealer here says they're not interested in them and will not carry them. No money they say. That's been their attitude about everything so they lost my entire sale four years ago.

I have a hunch that many dealers will be selling against them for fear it will cannibalize everything else they sell from Magneplanar.

I'm not going to buy another amp until these are here and I try them with what I already have. They're the same rated efficiency as my Elacs, and get along just fine with the little Yamaha, and the many Elacs I've had in this house.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #88 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan0354 View Post
If I were in this situation, I would really try hard to fit two power amps so one drive only one pair of speakers. I understand if there is a turn table involved, it can be very expensive and it cost too much to duplicate two individual system. So just use one preamp driving two power amps. You control which speaker to drive by just turning on one power amp or the other.

Finding an amp that hav A/B speaker selector really limit the selection. You like tube amps, that make it even harder to find. With separate power amps, you open to a wide variety of good amps.....you might have those amps already and you don't even have to spend money buying a new one. You have a big room, there got to be somewhere you can fit an extra power amp.

You are very critical in listening, I just afraid you might not be happy if you put the limit.

I'm not about to do two amps. This is my casual, background listening system. I'm going to do what I need to do as cheaply as I can.
Scotth3886 is offline  
post #89 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 08:09 PM
_tk
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Why don't you take a trip up to Sound & Vision and check out the Rotel, Arcam, Musical Fidelity, Rogue, etc? They might be able to recommend something that's not even on your radar right now.

They also carry Yamaha so perhaps you could finally hear how sterile they actually sound
_tk is online now  
post #90 of 159 Old 04-22-2019, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Scotth3886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 8,226
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tk View Post
Why don't you take a trip up to Sound & Vision and check out the Rotel, Arcam, Musical Fidelity, Rogue, etc? They might be able to recommend something that's not even on your radar right now.

They also carry Yamaha so perhaps you could finally hear how sterile they actually sound
Thanks, but I'll pass.
Scotth3886 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off