What's the best way to get Tidal and spotify to your 2 channel? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #31 of 64 Old 04-28-2019, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2084 Post(s)
Liked: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp View Post
Good info in your post. Do you know where the high quality audio setting is in the Google Home app? I only see "Equalizer" and "Group delay correction" as sound options on the CCA (and only "Group delay correction" on my regular (non-audio) Chromecast).
Thanks. In the list of devices, click the CCA. Click the settings (sprocket). 2/3 of the way down is what is now(?) called "full dynamic range." From the help doc:

Quote:
Full Dynamic range
Chromecast Audio supports full dynamic range output. This provides premium and professional audio equipment such as HiFi audio systems, AV receivers, and monitor style speakers with the highest quality sound output.

When connecting your Chromecast Audio to such sound systems using 3.5mm or RCA analog cable (see here for compatible cables), you can enable Chromecast Audio’s Full Dynamic Range option:

- Make sure your phone or tablet are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast Audio device.
- Open the Google Home app Google Home app.
- Choose the Chromecast Audio device you wish to change the settings of.
- At the top right corner of the screen, tap Settings Settings..
- Look for Full Dynamic Range, and toggle the setting On On.
- Note: Many common speaker systems such as desktop computer speakers, docking speakers, portable and Bluetooth speakers are not built to support such a full dynamic range, causing the volume level to be very loud and sound to be somewhat distorted. Please avoid turning this setting on in those cases.

When Chromecast Audio is connected through an optical interface (see here for compatible cables), it will always use Full Dynamic Range. Setting Full Dynamic Range to OFF won't have an effect as it will remain ON.

"Exceedingly odd," said the butler.
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 64 Old 04-29-2019, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Thanks. In the list of devices, click the CCA. Click the settings (sprocket). 2/3 of the way down is what is now(?) called "full dynamic range." From the help doc:

For what ever reason i only have equalizer and group delay. I cant seem to locate the High dynamic range option. Im connected via rca. Tryed several times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR65A1E,(Pioneer 500m relocated), AppleTv 4K,Marantz sr7012, System Audio Loudspeakers( sa1750 mains), ML Grotto.
Eastern Electric Minimax cd, Oppo UDP-203, Toshiba HD, Pro Ject 1expression Carbon TT.
post #33 of 64 Old 04-29-2019, 09:03 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
I saw this help doc after seeing your original comment, but I don't see the "full dynamic range" option, just EQ and delay (on CC Audio) and only delay on regular CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1 View Post
For what ever reason i only have equalizer and group delay. I cant seem to locate the High dynamic range option. Im connected via rca. Tryed several times
That's what I'm seeing also. I updated the app to the latest Google Home and still no option. Seems like they removed it.

I'd really like to know why they discontinued CC Audio. Maybe they have cut down the audio rate to try to force it out of use. Regular Chromecast is not really a replacement for audio -- far less convenient to use for audio only and it doesn't even have the EQ sound control, only delay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 64 Old 04-29-2019, 10:49 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

My Chromecast Audio that doesn't have the Full Dynamic Range option is running firmware 1.39151425​, which is listed as a "preview" version whenever this doc was written (https://support.google.com/chromecas.../7124014?hl=en). It shows the production version as 1.36139849. I have no idea whether firmware version makes a difference, seems more likely that they removed "Full Dynamic Range" from the App.
post #35 of 64 Old 05-04-2019, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
I saw this help doc after seeing your original comment, but I don't see the "full dynamic range" option, just EQ and delay (on CC Audio) and only delay on regular CC.
Curious.... I don't see the option on the iOS app as I did when I posted my answer. The Google Home app for iOS was updated "1w ago."

I still see the option on the Android version. It was last updated April 11 (as per Google Play Apps, this afternoon).

Quote:
My Chromecast Audio that doesn't have the Full Dynamic Range option is running firmware 1.39151425​, which is listed as a "preview" version whenever this doc was written (https://support.google.com/chromecas.../7124014?hl=en). It shows the production version as 1.36139849. I have no idea whether firmware version makes a difference, seems more likely that they removed "Full Dynamic Range" from the App.
My CCA is running firmware 1.37.146669. :-\
pjp likes this.

Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 05-04-2019 at 03:35 PM.
post #36 of 64 Old 05-04-2019, 03:31 PM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Curious.... I don't see the option on the iOS app as I did when I posted my answer. The Google Home app for iOS was updated "1w ago."

I still see the option on the Android version. It was last updated April 11.
Wow, the plot thickens. A lot. Is there a newer Android version since April 11th that you haven't loaded yet? Trying to figure out if Apple pulled it for Apple products, or Google pulled it universally in the app.
post #37 of 64 Old 05-04-2019, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

See above.

I figured it out,... maybe. On the iOS app the FDR option is gone when my CCA is plugged into a TOSlink input on my AVR. When I unplugged it, voila! the option is back! Thanks, Google, I really needed that.

This "now you see me, now you don't" behavior hasn't made it to the Android app. Or the Android Dev team saw that feature request and laughed at it.
pjp likes this.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 05-04-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: addendum: i done figyurred it out
post #38 of 64 Old 05-04-2019, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I thought i was connected via rca but im connected via toslink aswell..i thought toslink is the best connection for cca ? Was i wrong

Sony XBR65A1E,(Pioneer 500m relocated), AppleTv 4K,Marantz sr7012, System Audio Loudspeakers( sa1750 mains), ML Grotto.
Eastern Electric Minimax cd, Oppo UDP-203, Toshiba HD, Pro Ject 1expression Carbon TT.
post #39 of 64 Old 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I thought i was connected via rca but im connected via toslink aswell..i thought toslink is the best connection for cca ? Was i wrong
No, you're not wrong. TOSlink is digital (PCM), so Full Dynamic Range is enabled by default when the CCA switches to TOSlink. (As per their Chromecast Support page when a CCA is connected via TOSlink the FDR option is automatically enabled, regardless of the settings page in Google Home app.)

3.5mm/RCA (technical name: TRS connector) is analog, and can be used with anything from stereos to small speakers to even headphones. Output is by default limited (probably compressed), and you need to enable the FDR option if you have it connected to digital ready, active speakers or an amplified sound system via 2-ch analog.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 05-05-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: clarification
post #40 of 64 Old 05-10-2019, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Depends on what "best" means to you.

As others have mentioned ChromeCast Audio via optical out to your DAC is easy and acts as a transport to your DAC, as opposed to casting from your phone - usually a good thing. I use this and stream Tidal Hi-Fi and control it from my iPad. Sounds pretty good.

For me, "best" means a high quality signal at a good value cost. If this is also you, another option is something like a DigiOne Player from Allo. It's a Raspberry Pi/HAT based solution, designed to deliver an extremely clean audio signal to your DAC - extremely low jitter, extremely low noise.

https://darko.audio/2017/08/allos-di...-raspberry-pi/

Connects to your DAC via SPDIF coax digital, and collects the music stream via 2.4/5ghz wireless or ethernet connection. For your player software, can be Roon endpoint, Volumio, or other. Volumio has direct Tidal interface. Use a phone/tablet for the remote.

Note this solution is mainly for those with extremely detailed and revealing music systems. Several reviews are online (almost all positive). I also considered Bluesound Node 2i, AURALiC Aries, etc. but I already have a DAC and the prices of these felt like way too much $.
My DigiOne is on order (under $200) and I look forward to testing against the current CCA.

Cheers
pjp and fatuglyguy like this.

Allo Digione > Topping DX3PRO > Musical Fidelity M2si > Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 > Martin Logan 800x (x2)
post #41 of 64 Old 05-17-2019, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member

To follow up on above, I received the DigiOne Player and got it streaming Tidal Hi-fi (will do 24/44.1) through Volumio. Sound is outstanding, very pleased with the upgrade for only $200. I went into it fully cognizant of confirmation bias and expected to really not hear much of a difference. I was really happy that almost immediately I decided it sounded noticeably superior to the CCA.

Allo Digione > Topping DX3PRO > Musical Fidelity M2si > Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 > Martin Logan 800x (x2)
post #42 of 64 Old 05-17-2019, 08:56 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
To follow up on above, I received the DigiOne Player and got it streaming Tidal Hi-fi (will do 24/44.1) through Volumio. Sound is outstanding, very pleased with the upgrade for only $200. I went into it fully cognizant of confirmation bias and expected to really not hear much of a difference. I was really happy that almost immediately I decided it sounded noticeably superior to the CCA.
Thanks for the update. Do you have Spotify Premium and have you been able to compare Spotify sound quality on DigiOne verus CCA?

I assume DigiOne is receiving much higher resolution than CCA for Tidal, so it's not too surprising that it sounds a lot better. It would be interesting to know whether Spotify Premium sounds better at (what I assume is) equal data rate between DigiOne and CCA.
post #43 of 64 Old 05-17-2019, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

I have not tested it with Spotify. CCA is capable of 24/96 hi-res files so my comparison was the streaming of Tidal - Digione vs CCA.

On my system, the DigiOne sounds noticeably better. Allo's work to minimize noise and jitter seems to have paid off. Some will argue that bits are bits, and how those 1s and 0s get to your DAC does not matter. I disagree. HOW your DAC deals with and processes the bitstream can make a difference on some systems.

In my case, I went from:
- CCA via optical output using native Tidal app to
- DigiOne via Coax using Volumio (or mplayer) controlling Tidal.

I don't think the software affects the SQ as they are basically used as a remote to control the direct stream from my ethernet cable (different than casting, in which the music stream is sent from the iPad/iPhone via Airplay/wifi to the streaming device). I am able to stream 24 bit hi-res files this way (but only 44.1 sampling - You need to run through a Tidal app to get a higher sampling rate as they use MQA to do the first unfold. If your DAC natively supports MQA, you would get the full resolution delivered by the DigiOne. Personally, I don't think this makes much audible difference. Even uncompressed 16/44 can sound fantastic).
For me, on my system, the DigiOne provides a better sound - more refined treble, more defined and less bloated bass and a more natural sounding mix in general.

I'm very pleased with the results and would highly recommend the DigiOne if you are looking for a high quality streamer and don't want to spend big bucks. Happy to answer any questions.
Cheers!
pjp and ChromeJob like this.

Last edited by Keller; 05-17-2019 at 10:52 AM.
post #44 of 64 Old 05-26-2019, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Strange about iOS however on all my iOS devices or Android devices I see option for FDR and I enabled that on the first day I got chromecast audio... btw I got 4 of them when they went on sale prior discontinued for 20CAD each at Best Buy. Very happy user since then. Mainly for Spotify but I do stream also from my PC the music to chrome cast audio... mainly FLAC files and it sounds really good. I love those chromecast devices as they very versatile. No need for server or anything, it just works...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0377.PNG
Views:	33
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	2571922  

Last edited by RAART; 05-26-2019 at 06:36 AM.
post #45 of 64 Old 07-18-2019, 04:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
I have not tested it with Spotify. CCA is capable of 24/96 hi-res files so my comparison was the streaming of Tidal - Digione vs CCA.

On my system, the DigiOne sounds noticeably better. Allo's work to minimize noise and jitter seems to have paid off. Some will argue that bits are bits, and how those 1s and 0s get to your DAC does not matter. I disagree. HOW your DAC deals with and processes the bitstream can make a difference on some systems.

In my case, I went from:
- CCA via optical output using native Tidal app to
- DigiOne via Coax using Volumio (or mplayer) controlling Tidal.

I don't think the software affects the SQ as they are basically used as a remote to control the direct stream from my ethernet cable (different than casting, in which the music stream is sent from the iPad/iPhone via Airplay/wifi to the streaming device). I am able to stream 24 bit hi-res files this way (but only 44.1 sampling - You need to run through a Tidal app to get a higher sampling rate as they use MQA to do the first unfold. If your DAC natively supports MQA, you would get the full resolution delivered by the DigiOne. Personally, I don't think this makes much audible difference. Even uncompressed 16/44 can sound fantastic).
For me, on my system, the DigiOne provides a better sound - more refined treble, more defined and less bloated bass and a more natural sounding mix in general.

I'm very pleased with the results and would highly recommend the DigiOne if you are looking for a high quality streamer and don't want to spend big bucks. Happy to answer any questions.
Cheers!
Hello Keller,

Thanks for sharing your point of view, I want to clarify one thing if you are using apple or window phones those are supporting only their platforms for the music and other things than music transfer is the main thing when you need to do. You can try MusConv.com platform for this. It will save your time.
post #46 of 64 Old 07-19-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 2321 Post(s)
Liked: 1532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
What's the best way to get Tidal and spotify to your speakers for 2 channel audio?

How do you do it?
A hundred different ways.

Quote:
Right now I have a pioneer that works great with spotify but crashes Tidal every other song when I'm on wifi so I was wondering what other methods you guys use.
You have a Pioneer, but a Pioneer what?! Network Streamer? AV Receiver? Stereo with Networking? We probably need full details of the complete system.

Depending on what Pioneer you have an how old it is, it might not be compatible with TIDAL.

Quote:
Maybe you dont use your wifi maybe you jack in on aux cable or some other way?
A wire connection is always preferable when possible. WiFi is convenient, but it doesn't beat a wire Network Connection.

Quote:
I have a time sensitive problem I need to resolve and your answers may help me decide.

Just wondering how you guys do it?
Why is it time sensitive? I'm not doubting you, but the more we know the better we can help.

What is your working budget?

If you can find a Chromecast Audio (discontinued but available), that can have you up and running quickly and cheaply (~$35). Make sure it support TIDAL. I know it supports DEEZER, but I didn't see TIDAL in the list.

https://www.mobilefun.com/google-chr...io-black-70476

https://store.google.com/au/product/chromecast_audio

Are you content with Audio Streaming or would you like Video Streaming too? Or do you have that covered by some other means?

https://store.google.com/au/product/chromecast

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_ultra

Can we assume you are in the USA?

If you can spend more money, then consider -

Yamaha WXC-50 Network Streamer/Pre-Amp - Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Apple® AirPlay® - $350 -

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_022WXC....html?tp=61788

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...-50/index.html

If you can take it farther -

Bluesound Node-2i Network Streamer - $499 -

https://www.crutchfield.com/shopsear...d_node_2i.html

And for FREE you can simply connect a computer to the system and stream all you want.

Steve/bluewizard
post #47 of 64 Old 07-21-2019, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

If the Tidal app on iOS or Android or somethng supports casting to Chromecast, the Chromecast Audio will support it.

post #48 of 64 Old 07-21-2019, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Levis View Post
Hello Keller,

Thanks for sharing your point of view, I want to clarify one thing if you are using apple or window phones those are supporting only their platforms for the music and other things than music transfer is the main thing when you need to do. You can try MusConv.com platform for this. It will save your time.
Welcome to the forum, Anna. I don't understand your post - if you wanted to get into the conversation here would you please restate your point?
post #49 of 64 Old 07-21-2019, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
I don't think the software affects the SQ as they are basically used as a remote to control the direct stream from my ethernet cable (different than casting, in which the music stream is sent from the iPad/iPhone via Airplay/wifi to the streaming device).
Just to clarify... A DigiOne (or BlueSound) will play my streams directly from the internet, even when using an iOS remote app but AirPlay will use the iOS device as an intermediary data streamer? What about Spotify Connect?

Does that make airplay the "loser" in environments where wifi can be kinda flaky?

[Edit] OK, nvm. I got my answer .... yes, airplay is the loser for flaky wifi:
http://lightsaberfaq.blogspot.com/20...streaming.html

Last edited by kennethav; 07-21-2019 at 10:15 AM.
post #50 of 64 Old 07-21-2019, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethav View Post
Just to clarify... A DigiOne (or BlueSound) will play my streams directly from the internet, even when using an iOS remote app but AirPlay will use the iOS device as an intermediary data streamer? What about Spotify Connect?

Does that make airplay the "loser" in environments where wifi can be kinda flaky?

[Edit] OK, nvm. I got my answer .... yes, airplay is the loser for flaky wifi:
http://lightsaberfaq.blogspot.com/20...streaming.html
Yes, also I have my DigiOne hardwired with an ethernet cable, so any wireless flakiness is avoided.

Airplay works fine for most people. However, if you are attempting to maximize sound quality, I have concerns that streaming via Airplay is re-sampling everything to 16/44.1, and I wanted to preserve the native bitstream rates, including 24-bit hi-res, since they are available through Tidal. It's not that 16/44 is not a perfectly good rate for high quality music (b/c it is), it's about Apple re-sampling everything.

Last edited by Keller; 07-21-2019 at 02:06 PM.
post #51 of 64 Old 07-22-2019, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
BlueSound Node 2i...can even run another digital source into it for a DAC for your CD or TV toslink/coax or whatever, to play through the "good stereo" too....meaning, your 2-channel system.

It has streaming connectivity for Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify, Pandora, etc.... nearly all but Apple. With a Chromecast or Apple Airplay device and DAC you could plug into an amp and cast your music from within many apps. Not the highest resolution, certainly...but not bad at all for most listening.

2-Channel Rig: Rogue Sphinx Integrated Amp, Energy RC-70 speakers, Energy ESW-C10 Sub, Sony BluRay/SACD, BlueSound Node 2i, Pro-Ject TT w/ Ortofon OM20 Cart

7.2 Home Theater: 3x Energy RC-LCR, Energy CB-20 (x4) surrounds, 2x Energy Power12 subs, Apple TV, PS4, Sony 7.2 AVR
post #52 of 64 Old 07-22-2019, 10:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2038 Post(s)
Liked: 1913
I have 5 ways of listening to Tidal Hi fi, two of which run through an AVR.

1-Android Tidal app to Denon AVR 2400H via HEOS (first level MQA unfold?)
2-Bluesound Node (the original) to Denon AVR 4400H via analog cable (full MQA unfolding)

If the OP is a Hifi subscriber, I would get something in the Bluesound Node family (the legacy Nodes can be had with a significant $ savings). If sound quality is not a major concern (ie. not a Hifi subscriber), then Bluetooth it from a PC or phone or Amazon Alexa to the AVR.

Last edited by PlanetAVS; 07-23-2019 at 12:01 AM.
post #53 of 64 Old 07-30-2019, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Which its the best onkyo 8250 or pioneer SX-N30AE??? This are full decoder for mqa tidal master?

Other question the lg g7 is renderer or full decoder?
post #54 of 64 Old 07-31-2019, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3434 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
My best way to get Tidal HiFi or Spotify to my 2-channel system?

I have 3 systems in our home, so three different streaming devices and multiple ways of controlling any one of them, or all at once.

Bluesound and NAD devices, including NAD T758v3 in living room, Bluesound Vault 2 (feeding a Denon AVR-1912) in the guest room which holds my digital library that all use, and finally an NAD Masters M10 in my office that is now my primary 2.1-channel system.

Control is via my tablet in the living room or another in the guest room, the Windows desktop BluOS app in my office, or my phone from anywhere in the house via wireless network.

I love the sound quality as much as I love the operability of the whole thing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Office_interim.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	2596918  
BufordTJustice likes this.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
post #55 of 64 Old 08-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 30
A Sonos connect is a slightly cheaper alternative that can stream virtually any music service or local media on your network. Tidal (and spotify etc) allows you to use the native (Tidal) app on your phone as a remote, and stream natively to the Sonos connect. So you have the convenience and user interface of Bluetooth without any sound quality tradeoff.

You can also seamlessly add o Sonos speakers to other rooms for whole house streaming (independent channels or synchronized)

The only limitation of Sonos, is that Hi Rez music will be truncated to 16 bit 48 Khz (cd quality)

post #56 of 64 Old 08-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Audio Engineer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
I've been having a good experience with my Bluesound Node 2. Have an external SSD connected to it with my entire FLAC library and it also streams all my Tidal while doing all the unfolds for MQA via the analog RCA outs.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
post #57 of 64 Old 08-10-2019, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3434 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
I've been having a good experience with my Bluesound Node 2. Have an external SSD connected to it with my entire FLAC library and it also streams all my Tidal while doing all the unfolds for MQA via the analog RCA outs.

What I think a lot of people considering the Bluesound Node 2i miss, aside from the myriad features and sound quality, is the app to run it.

With any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer, you have a slick interface that makes using the system a breeze. Create and save playlists from multiple sources, access almost any music source, plus podcasts and any radio station worldwide that streams, Bluetooth (now 2-way) for source or feeding headphones, and so much more. The apps all get continuous improvements via the free upgrades, and user input determines a lot of that development. All without a Roon subscription, though it'll also act as a Roon endpoint.

That's the best part of BluOS to me, and despite being free it's a huge part of the overall value in buying into the Bluesound products.
BufordTJustice likes this.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
post #58 of 64 Old 08-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Audio Engineer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
What I think a lot of people considering the Bluesound Node 2i miss, aside from the myriad features and sound quality, is the app to run it.

With any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer, you have a slick interface that makes using the system a breeze. Create and save playlists from multiple sources, access almost any music source, plus podcasts and any radio station worldwide that streams, Bluetooth (now 2-way) for source or feeding headphones, and so much more. The apps all get continuous improvements via the free upgrades, and user input determines a lot of that development. All without a Roon subscription, though it'll also act as a Roon endpoint.

That's the best part of BluOS to me, and despite being free it's a huge part of the overall value in buying into the Bluesound products.

Oh I agree. That's what makes it a bonafide ecosystem and not just a network streamer.

With regular app and firmware updates to boot. They just pushed another FW update a few days ago.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
post #59 of 64 Old 08-10-2019, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

If i may ask since the bluesound node 2i has been mentioned several times. I have roon on my deskktop with tidal. I stream to either my marantz or oppo. Niether is actual MQA ( not sure if mqa is worth it according to some here) either way i’m thinking of the node2i and asking would it be a significant upgrade in SQ opposed to what i use now..

post #60 of 64 Old 08-10-2019, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 5
The node 2i its full decode? Its the same if i buy for example pro ject pre box s2 digital? Or Which its better? (i have a marantz 5012 so the part of the streaming its cover, also i have a yamaha rs700)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page