New (ugraded) turntable advice - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-04-2019, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Turntable upgrade advice needed

I think it's finally time to trade in/sell my Technics SL1200 (original version, now with an AT150MLX cartridge). Still is an excellent turntable and I've been the only owner (for 42 years), so it's been well cared for.

Thinking about either the MoFi UltraDeck +M (with the master tracker cartridge) or the discontinued Rega RP8. Both get absolutely fantastic reviews. Any thoughts on the plusses or minuses of each would be appreciated -- as would thoughts on which would be the better purchase. Almost certainly my last turntable. Also, Music Direct has a good price for the Rega that brings it below the Mofi, but doesn't include a cartridge. The Rega Ania probably takes this out of my price range, but the Rega Exact 2 would bring the price of the Rega a tad above the MoFi -- close enough! Thoughts on cartridges would also be appreciated.

Associated equipment: Parasound Halo P5 pre-amp; Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 3 power amp; Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower speakers (with RAAL tweeter); PSA S1800 subwoofer.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!

Last edited by davidwb; 05-06-2019 at 07:09 AM. Reason: more descriptive title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page