Your favorite Album's that were put on CD but never recorded on LP's - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2019, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 4257
Unhappy Your favorite Album's that were put on CD but never recorded on LP's

Two of my favorite summer recordings Chris Isaac Baja Sessions and Kenny Chesney Song For The Saints are both on CD but were never recorded for my TT. Do you have any favorite recordings that were not pressed for your victrola??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2019, 06:48 PM
_tk
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Give it time. Everything seems to be coming to Vinyl. Some of it is done properly...some of it is not.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-24-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 21986
This is the only album on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list that I don't have on vinyl.

Quote:
Sleepless is the sixth solo album by Peter Wolf, released in 2002.

Rolling Stone: Wolf accomplishes a rare feat on this modern blues album: He sings about adult romance without sounding jaded. The former J. Geils Band singer testifies about true love in his soulful growl, with help from friends like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

The album is number 427 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
Peter replied to an e-mail and said it was never released on vinyl.
Quote:
Wolf <[email protected]>

No, Sleepless was never released on vinyl.

Kind regards
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. It sounds like Peter appreciates vinyl...

http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/stor...tvd-interview/
Quote:
Peter Wolf:
I am not really sure what’s motivating the [resurgence] of vinyl, particularly, but I am very glad that it is happening. When I talk to people who are buying vinyl, one of the things they don’t seem to care about is what it’s being played on. In my opinion, vinyl is superior to any kind of MP3 digital compressed format, because musically it sounds better. But what you playing it on matters, too.

But I love LPs, and I grew up with them.

Most people don’t realize what’s happening to sound, and how compressed it’s become when it becomes an MP3 file. It seems like many people don’t really care about that, but then there’s the vinyl explosion.

Someone who is pretty popular singer songwriter said to me recently, “Why are you spending so much time working on albums? You don’t have to worry about the sequence or the graphics anymore, because people are going to get it online, and they don’t really care about the visuals or the order of songs; they are going to pick and choose, and play it the way they want.” My response was, “It’s my job to put together a record, put together the graphics, put together the sequence—the beginning, middle, and the end.” That’s what I feel is the obligation of an artist, and that’s what I do.

I have stacks and stacks of records... I got a little funky jukebox, I got my little 45 player, so you can name an artist, I can walk up to the shelf, and pull it right out. When I was making Midnight Souvenirs... The press kit for that record explains all the records that I have. I don’t consider myself a record collector; I just consider myself someone who loves music.

...the Boston area is real fortunate to have a lot of independent record stores—a lot of great places to buy vinyl that have it priced fairly that you can really play and enjoy. The interesting thing to me about these shops is that the people who work in them are really, very well immersed in the music—they are very passionate about music.

Just looking at the artwork, and the album covers, and having the whole experience—especially at the places around here—where the people who run the stores are so into the love of the music.

Those are the kind of people and places I tend to gravitate toward, because those are the ones I find the most sort of enjoyable and authentic people.
http://www.goldminemag.com/articles/...ith-peter-wolf
Quote:
Wolfin’ down the vinyl – a record rap with Peter Wolf

With his last CD, Sleepless, which happens to be one of the 500 greatest albums of all time according to Rolling Stone’s 2004 survey, Peter Wolf set out to emulate the process and techniques of some records that had the greatest influence on him.

Goldmine: Do you consider yourself a record collector?
Peter Wolf: No. I got lots of records. I’m not a collector-collector... I just like to have records that I love, and I happen to love a lot of records. I love a lot of music so I have a lot of records.

Goldmine: How many do you have?
Peter Wolf: Let me put it this way, I remember I first got [Elvis Presley’s] “Heartbreak Hotel,” Little Richard, and Frankie Lymon, and I still got ’em and I’ve been buyin’ records since I was about 8.

Goldmine: Wow! You still have the original ones that you bought?
Peter Wolf: Oh yeah.

Goldmine: If you’re traveling do you still check out a local flea market and sniff around for 45s?
Peter Wolf: Oh yeah. But not like I used to. I used to love to go to the Mom-and-Pop stores and go down the basements or look in the back

Goldmine: You’ve been a solo artist for quite some time. I would think the upside is people now know that your name is Peter Wolf, and before people would go, “Hey! There’s J. Geils!”
Peter Wolf: Oh I still get it — in the street. As I was comin’ out of this bar, somebody comes over and says, “Hey J! Can we buy ya a drink?”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page