• 5 Post By RayGuy
  • 1 Post By alan0354

post #1 of 5 Old 06-19-2019, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Van Den Hul D 300 S cables

Hello, I came across some older interconnect cables at no cost and was wondering which application they would work best for.

One set of Van Der Hull D 300 S , pretty heavy duty RCA terminated interconnect, would these work good for a phono connection using a MM cartridge, or for component connections.

Also a set of MTI MI 330 interface cables, with directional arrows on them (I already have read on another forum concerning the correct direction the arrow should be feeding, mainly between pre and power amps)

both sets are 3' in length, also a bunch of Monster Cable speaker termination banana plugs, never seen this style before , they have a tiny allen key set screw and are heavy duty gold that has the Pat No's on them, it appears they have a notch cut out on them so that spade connectors fit snug and the connection tip end locks down and stays tight with a tiny set screw.

any input would be appreciated, thnks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-19-2019, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 4671 Post(s)
Liked: 3470
Pretty much all RCA analog cables which meet very easy to achieve electrical parameters called, R, L, and C, (and most do, even dirt cheap ones) sound the same.* There's a giant lucrative market claiming otherwise though which dupes millions of people who don't conduct scientifically controlled listening tests so they are swayed by "the placebo effect".

To learn the secret truth the audio dealers, vendors, and the magazines that accept their advertising dollars don't want you to know, read one of the retired scientists and long time head of research at the prestigious company McIntosh here, to get you started. [Although he addresses largely speaker wires.]

In the rare instances where an RCA wire does sound different it is usually simply a minor change in the frequency response, sometimes pleasing to the ear on some music, but not others, due to an irregular R, C, or L, however any deviation from neutral is an error and shoulcd be avoided if you seek accuracy, aka "high fidelity".

* to any listener, through any gear, of any music
post #3 of 5 Old 06-19-2019, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 4671 Post(s)
Liked: 3470
This electrical engineer explains more about it and the deceitful industry's lies:
https://www.audioholics.com/audio-vi...cts-and-cables

I used to work in the industry for over two decades and had a gun to my head to perpetuate the lies or get fired. I'm retired from it now so I am free to speak the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-21-2019, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Liked: 2334
Give it a rest, geesh.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-21-2019, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked: 418
I don't think those RCA cables are that important. Don't get those really thin ones like those come with the VCR etc. Get ones with decent size cable and reasonable good connectors that don't fall off easily and you are good.
josh6113 likes this.

Own designed power amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Nakamichi Stasis PA-7 power amp, Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page