Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2019 Pictures and Impressions - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 335Likes

post #391 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapas View Post
Face for Radio

Yes, I felt the MOAB speakers could do double duty as a prop in a scary Hollywood movie - no modification required.

That's way I am getting the grill.

My room is 14' wide x 30' long with a 9' ceiling.

I have two pairs of Mirage M-3si bipolar speakers, one pair in the front, one pair in the rear with a Paradigm Servo 15 powered sub. It is good system for listening to 4-channel DTS Audio CDs like Alan Parsons On Air.

I was planning to replace them at some point in the future with a pair of Revel Ultima Salon 2 speakers.

The Tekton MOABs demolished the Mirage M-3Sis in every category. I was sold.

David
Too bad Revel didn’t have the F328Be for you to listen to.

The MOAB should be a lot easier to “drive” though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 5332 Post(s)
Liked: 3846
Quote:
Yes, I felt the MOAB speakers could do double duty as a prop in a scary Hollywood movie - no modification required.

That's why I am getting the grill.

. . .

I have two pairs of Mirage M-3si bipolar speakers,
I sold those too. Maybe if you are just throwing them in storage you could first remove the socks and use them to cover the face of the new ones? [Just kidding. Even a cheapskate like me would buy the designated grills. ]
Tapas likes this.
post #393 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
snip...
The MOAB should be a lot easier to “drive” though.
good gawd man, you mean they have wheels too? dino-fuel or electric?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassup View Post
good gawd man, you mean they have wheels too? dino-fuel or electric?
As big as they are, they need wheels.
post #395 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
After the completely mesmerizing and jaw dropping Sonus Faber demo I went back to the Tekton/Parasound room. With my audio memory still fresh, will I still be able to get satisfaction listening to the MOABs?

The rep from the hi-res streaming service QOBUZ was there. He wanted to experience firsthand how well his specially curated collection of 24-Bit/192kHz audio streams would sound on the Tekton MOAB speakers.

Marc Alexander set up the room for this special QOBUZ demo. Everything was being streamed live into the Parasound NewClassic 200 Integrated Amp which did triple duty as a DAC, Pre amp and Power amp.

The QOBUZ rep played some crazy demo tracks to test the sonic gymnastics these mighty MOABs are capable of.

I was startled at the purity, separation of individual instruments, razor sharp imaging and 3D soundstage.

I realized right away that you need speakers like the MOABs with their resolving power and tonal accuracy to enjoy the benefits of a 24-Bit/192kHz stream. This took the presentation to a whole new level of refinement over the standard Red Book CDs they were playing through the OPPO disc player earlier.

With this 24-Bit/192kHz source, I felt the performance of the MOABs came within kissing distance of my two top choices. I could see how the sound from these speakers could be enhanced further by mating it with a more capable amp.

The QOBUZ demo won me over. It made me realize that there is no need to buy $17k turntables with $9k phono cartridges as demoed in the YG Acoustics room.

All you really need is a $24.99/month subscription to this QOBUZ service that gives you access to over 2 million high rez tracks up to 24-Bit/192kHz.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Or, you could just get their Sublime Service for $299.99 a year and enjoy discounted prices on downloaded tracks.

Tidal by contrast has only 1 million high rez tracks. You can stream lossless CD quality 16-Bit/44.1kHz tracks for $19.99 a month.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/a...cription-Types

The investment an audiophile has to make to enjoy a system like the Sonus Faber or the Sigma Acoustics is enormous. They deserve to be prized and cherished by a lucky few. These are statement products from the world’s finest Hi-End manufacturers.

My hats off to them who can afford it.

By contrast, a system like the Tekton/Paradigm brings the essence of Hi-End sound to the music lover at down to earth prices. With just a pair of MOABs, the slender Parasound 200 Integrated Amp and a $24.99 monthly subscription to QOBUZ, you are set to explore and enjoy a universe of 2 million hi-rez audio tracks in the comfort of your living room.

An investment of $5,695 will not break the bank. It would guarantee musical enjoyment for the whole family for the next 20 years.

Had I not come to this show, I wouldn’t have known that such a system exists that offers such an extraordinary value.

At the end of the day as the show was closing down at 4pm, I told Marc I would be buying a pair of MOABs.

This system my friends, takes the honor of being the best bargain of the show.

Best regards,

David
@torii

These have a trial period?
post #396 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 3590 Post(s)
Liked: 2025
Quote:
@torii

These have a trial period?
lrs maggies have 90 day trial but gonna wait a bit....sry forget what you quoting...

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #397 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
lrs maggies have 90 day trial but gonna wait a bit....sry forget what you quoting...
MOAB that @Tapas talking about.
post #398 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
MOAB that @Tapas talking about.

Hi Chris,

Yes, the Tekton speakers come with a 60-day free trial.

However, you would have to pay for return shipping if you decide to send them back.

David
post #399 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 10:22 PM

Wilson Audio Master Chronosonic – The Voice of GOD

My sole reason to attend RMAF 2019 was to see the Wilson Master Chronosonic. Daryl had a static display so I asked if there was any way for me to hear them live.

Daryl referred me to Mr. Mike Ware, owner of LMC Home Entertainment in Scottsdale, Arizona.

So I walked in unannounced at 2pm this afternoon into their luxurious showroom, met with Mr. Ware and told him I am here to audition their Master Chronosonic loudspeakers.

Mike was very cordial. His assistant John recognized me from my previous visits to CEDIA. Mike gave me a grand tour of this expansive hi-end facility.

This place is like a Disney World for adults. They carry every hi-end brand – Wilson Audio, Focal, McIntosh, Meridian, Martin Logan, LINN, Burmester, Audio Research, Sonus Faber – you name it, they have it.

I could not believe my eyes. Every room was tastefully decorated to match these expensive components. Each setup looked like a picture out of a magazine.

This kind of integration and attention to detail does not happen by accident. Mike’s passion for hi-end audio and home cinema installations were written all over the place from the ornamental lights in the ceiling to the luxurious leather seats.

I went from room to room taking a few pictures. This was a text book example of how to set up hi-end exhibits.

Then we approached the big theater. It had a 3-tier stadium seating with 15 seats blended in red and gold. In the front stage stood a majestic pair Wilson Audio Master Chronosonic Speakers ($685K).

Next to the them, were two Wilson Master Subsonic Subwoofers ($37.5K each) that goes down to 10Hz.

This speaker system was powered by a pair of Burmester 911 MK3 Stereo Power Amps ($30K each) vertically stacked over a pair of Burmester 909 MK5 Stereo Power Amps ($73.5K each).

The 909 delivers 600 watts per channel into 4 ohms while the 911 delivers 350 watts per channel into 4 ohms. Both can be bridged to mono. These are amongst the world’s finest.

Visually they blended in perfectly with the speakers in color and styling. It was a sight to behold.

Mike directed me to sit in the middle tier center seat. This was the sweet spot in this theater.

Then the music started to play.

The sheer power, depth, resolution, clarity instantly grips your attention like a vice. How could this sound be coming from a mechanical device? I could touch and feel the musicians on the stage. I could hear every nuance of a double bass to the shimmer of the brush and cymbals. This is better than real life!

Then Mike proceeded to play a track from Beyonce. The attack of the bass drums and synth notes startled me. So this is how it sounds when it plays down to 10Hz! You can feel the vibration though your bones. Yet, there was zero over hang. No bloating, no boominess.

I knew there were only two speakers in the front. Yet, it felt like a bubble of sound all around you. This beats all multi-channel audio demos I have heard. Every type of music that was played felt so natural, lifelike with incredible detail and smoothness. The system was effortless no matter what level you pumped up the volume.

I had heard THE SONUS FABER at RMAF. I thought that was a religious experience.

Well if the SONUS FABER makes you feel like being in heaven, the Master Chronosonic makes you feel you have come face to face with God himself.

This is the Voice of GOD.

As good as the SONUS FABER sounds, the Master Chronosonic excelled it in every category. It was simply in a class of its own.

The sonic brilliance of these speakers cannot be captured and conveyed through a written review, simply because there is no reference to compare it to.

This is something to be heard to be believed. I could fully understand why Daryl decided to have a static display at RMAF. These are precision engineering devices that take hours to set up by a professional. Mike mentioned it took him a full 2 days to time align each component within each speaker.

Mr. Ware is the only person in North America who has purchased a pair to display in his showroom. The location of his showroom in the Scottsdale Air Park is ideal. This makes it convenient for his clients to fly in from all across the world.

I asked Mike what was the total system price including the power amps, pre amps and cables. Mike said it was $1,400,000.

You may be wondering – it is worth it?

After hearing this system in person, I would say it is worth every single dollar.

Such a transducer has no peer in the world. The moment you hear it, the sonic signature will forever be etched in your brains. Every subsequent exposure you have with other systems will be a step down.

The Master Chronosonic is the gold standard in audio engineering. It is a no compromise design expressing the passion and boldness of its creator in pursuit of audio excellence.

I salute you Mr. Daryl Wilson.

Best regards,

David Das
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	447.7 KB
ID:	2618490   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	2618492   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	2618494   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	2618496   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.JPG
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	2618498  

Name:	06.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	2618500   Click image for larger version

Name:	07.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	2618502   Click image for larger version

Name:	08.JPG
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	2618504   Click image for larger version

Name:	09.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	2618506   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.JPG
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	2618508  

Last edited by Tapas; 09-22-2019 at 09:41 AM.
post #400 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 10:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 3997 Post(s)
Liked: 2464
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
60 day IIRC
post #401 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 10:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Tapas

What did you think of the MBLs, if you listened to them? I've yet to hear them do what I think they're capable of doing, but I'm always curious.
post #402 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
@Tapas

What did you think of the MBLs, if you listened to them? I've yet to hear them do what I think they're capable of doing, but I'm always curious.

Hi Scott,

No, unfortunately not! Mr. Ware is the only dealer who has these big ones (The Reference Line) in his showroom. His customers fly from other countries to audition them. I have heard the smaller MBLs (The Noble Line) at CES. I thought they sounded fantastic.

I will definitely ask Mike to play the big ones for me on my next visit. He will be getting a pair of the new Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX speakers later this year. I am anxious to hear how well they stack up to the Master Chronosonic.

David
post #403 of 432 Old 09-21-2019, 11:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Scott,

No, unfortunately not! Mr. Ware is the only dealer who has these big ones (The Reference Line) in his showroom. His customers fly from other countries to audition them. I have heard the smaller MBLs (The Noble Line) at CES. I thought they sounded fantastic.

I will definitely ask Mike to play the big ones for me on my next visit. He will be getting a pair of the new Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX speakers later this year. I am anxious to hear how well they stack up to the Master Chronosonic.

David
I like the Noble line a lot better. The Extremes had imaging issues every time I've heard them. I'm sure that doesn't have to be the case, but I've never heard them do what they should be able to do.
post #404 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 01:31 AM

State of the Art Home Theater

Mr. Mike Ware had one more surprise for me. Noticing my excitement about his 2-channel audio demos, he said I must see his state-of-the-art Home Theater in his Tempe Show Room.

So I drove off to Tempe and was greeted by Manager Mr. Paul Henningsen, who was expecting me. This is another wonderland I never knew existed.

Paul is an industry veteran like Mike with over 40 years of experience in hi-end audio and custom installations. Every room was tastefully decorated to showcase all these high-end products. I have never seen so many different brands under one roof.

Paul took me into this giant home theater with a 13 channel Dolby Atmos sound system using the mighty Sony VPL-VW5000ES native 4K laser projector ($60K) projecting a 4096 x 2160 image on a 12.5ft wide Da-Lite screen.

The main front speakers were a pair of strikingly beautiful Sonus Faber Liliums ($70K) from their Reference Collection.

The center channel was the highly acclaimed Sonus Faber VOX ($12.9K)

He played the movie Avengers which has reference quality sound and picture. I felt the presentation was better than any home theater demo I had ever seen at CEDIA.

The sound was precise, focused with pin-point accuracy and placement over the entire 360 degree arc and height. The bass was deep that you could feel. Unlike the AMC Dolby theaters where they mechanically vibrate your seats, this vibration was solid and real coming from the 4 subs in the front and rear.

What about the picture quality?

The Sony produced inky blacks while still retaining all the finer gray shades that most projectors struggle with. The picture was bright thanks to the 5000 lumens this laser projector was delivering.

I felt this system beat the AMC Dolby Theater.

On top of that, this theater was using the movie service from Kaleidescape.

You get to enjoy 11,000 movies at the touch of a button which are prepared to deliver the best home cinema experience in the highest quality format.

I was surprised when Paul mentioned that he put together this whole system for $275K.
I was expecting a lot more for this level of performance. This is the result of knowing what to mix and match to coax the best performance at a given budget and I thanked Paul for his industry knowledge.

Paul said he designed this theater with a dual purpose. It can also do 2-channel audio. So he switched over to the 2 Sonus Faber Liliums for an audio demo streaming hi-rez music from QOBUZ.

Now here is the thing. If you have never heard THE SONUS FABER you would be happy as a clam listening to the Lilium all day long.

The Lilium is a terrific speaker. It is their reference line, but cannot quite match THE SONUS FABER. It did not quite carry the scale or weight.

However, as a home theater that does double duty, this was an excellent setup. No complaints!

What I found is that both Mike and Paul are fun guys who love what they do and enjoy demoing their setups to anyone caring to stop by.

You must have this passion to make a mark in this highly competitive industry.

I was delighted with their hospitality.

If you ever want to listen to the Wilson Audio Master Chronosonic, just take a trip to Scottsdale. It will be worth it. Heck, you can even combine your trip with a vacation at the Grand Canyon!

Listening to the Master Chronosonic for the first time was an amazing experience.

I admire the few who have the vision and are bold enough to dream of such designs and the dealers who take the financial risks to bring them to their customers.

David
Attached Thumbnails

Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	2618526   Click image for larger version

Size:	373.6 KB
ID:	2618528   Click image for larger version

Views:	35
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	2618530   Click image for larger version

Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	2618532   Click image for larger version

Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	2618534  

Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	2618536   Click image for larger version

Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	2618538   Click image for larger version

Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	2618540  

Last edited by Tapas; 09-22-2019 at 02:44 AM.
post #405 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 02:35 AM

RMAF 2019: Gaylord Rockies was a terrific venue

The Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center was a terrific venue to host this hi-end audio event.

This was my first time at RMAF and I was overwhelmed by the sheer size of this convention center. This opened last December and is the best in Denver, Colorado sporting 1501 rooms with a supporting staff of 2000.

I felt the acoustics of these rooms were better compared to the rooms in the Venetian Towers at CES.

The ballrooms were huge. They were the right size for demonstrating the sonic wizardry of THE SONUS FABUR, Sigma Acoustics and YG Acoustics. I hope NOLA reserves one of these ballrooms next year.

While CES attracts over 175,000 visitors, this show is focused to just 2-channel audio catering to a much smaller crowd. I guess we had around 4000 attendees.

The smaller crowd allowed me to visit each room and listen at length to all the presentations and actually meet and talk with the CEOs, Founders and Designers of the brands.

Where else can you have an informal chat with Daryl Wilson, Jim Salk, Rodgers Sanders, Richard Schram, Eric Alexander, Mark Casavant, Andrew Jones, David Solomon and ask any question you may have about their products.

Next year, I hope to personally meet Mr. Mark Henninger. I get a lot of valuable information from his picture diaries of every show he covers.

I found everyone to be so friendly and approachable with no pressure to buy.

I would like to publicly thank the Show Organizers and their staff. I can only imagine the logistics that went behind putting together something of this scale.

For those who are intrigued by the Tekton MOABs just like I was, please visit RMAF 2020 next October (1-4) and listen to all the demos from all the vendors like I did and then make an educated decision.

You may just find the MOABs irresistible or you may find the Revel F226Be a better fit thanks to its sleeker looks and smaller size. I thought this new Revel with beryllium tweeters was a fantastic deal at $7k.

If you want top performance with style with a bigger budget, you may end up selecting the Paradigm/Anthem setup.

There was something for everybody.

I wish next year we get an option to have our badges mailed to us in advance for a reasonable service fee.

I would also love to see the show extended for one more day. There was just too much to cover in 3 days.

David
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	27
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	2618544   Click image for larger version

Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	2618546   Click image for larger version

Views:	26
Size:	391.1 KB
ID:	2618548   Click image for larger version

Views:	24
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	2618550   Click image for larger version

Size:	415.8 KB
ID:	2618552  

Views:	25
Size:	446.7 KB
ID:	2618554   Click image for larger version

Views:	24
Size:	490.1 KB
ID:	2618556   Click image for larger version

Views:	23
Size:	446.3 KB
ID:	2618558   Click image for larger version

Name:	09.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	2618560  
mtrot, Scotth3886 and drh3b like this.

Last edited by Tapas; 09-22-2019 at 09:17 AM.
post #406 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Since the 'high-end' has left CES, they need a trade day at RMAF and AXPONA. Currently, you have to go to Munich for an industry day at a show.
post #407 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth3886 View Post
Since the 'high-end' has left CES, they need a trade day at RMAF and AXPONA. Currently, you have to go to Munich for an industry day at a show.

That is a great point Scott.

I agree with you.
post #408 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Tapas

David,
When do you take delivery of your Wilson Audio/ Burmester Audiosysteme system?

Chris
post #409 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
@Tapas

David,
When do you take delivery of your Wilson Audio/ Burmester Audiosysteme system?

Chris

Ha! I wish

It amazes me to think of the amount of research and resources that went behind creating the world's best loudspeaker. Only a few companies would even dare to market such a product. It is an engineering feat that pushes the limits of reproduced audio. Such achievements must be admired and acknowledged.

Consider that there are 7.6 billion people on this planet. Only a lucky 70 of the them with the resources and the passion for hi-end audio will be able to enjoy these masterpieces for the rest of their lives.

It is the human spirit to break all boundaries.

The Bugatti Chiron set a new world record for the fastest production car on August 2nd of this year. It was clocked at 304.77mph and went into the Guinness book of records.

Imagine the engineering that went behind the creation of the world's fastest production car. They will sell at $3 million a piece. Only 500 will be made.

I understand the value behind these tangible products.

On the other hand I see people bidding on artwork and paintings. They are willing to pay sometimes millions to hang them on their walls.

All I see is something a young child may generate by doodling with a bunch of crayons.

What tangible value could that possibly hold?

To me, this does not compute.

Or how about this? What about women wearing large shiny rocks on their fingers costing millions when we have the science to create them in the lab at a fraction of the price - and they look just as good?

David

Last edited by Tapas; 09-22-2019 at 04:18 PM.
post #410 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ha! I wish

It amazes me to think of the amount of research and resources that went behind creating the world's best loudspeaker. Only a few companies would even dare to market such a product. It is an engineering feat that pushes the limits of reproduced audio. Such achievements must be admired and acknowledged.

Consider that there are 7.6 billion people on this planet. Only a lucky 70 of the them with the resources and the passion for hi-end audio will be able to enjoy these masterpieces for the rest of their lives.

It is the human spirit to break all boundaries.

The Bugatti Chiron set a new world record for the fastest production car on August 2nd of this year. It was clocked at 304.77mph and went into the Guinness book of records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiyAZ63RT8

Imagine the engineering that went behind the creation of the world's fastest production car. They will sell at $3 million a piece. Only 500 will be made.

I understand the value behind these tangible products.

On the other hand I see people bidding on artwork and paintings. They are willing to pay sometimes millions to hang them on their walls.

All I see is something a young child may generate by doodling with a bunch of crayons.

What tangible value could that possibly hold?

To me, this does not compute.

Or how about this? What about women wearing large shiny rocks on their fingers costing millions when we have the science to create them in the lab at a fraction of the price - and they look just as good?

David
So you’re saying you have to get the wife a new ring and some artwork first? haha

I know what you’re saying.

I’ve enjoyed your experience at RMAF and at your local audio shops.

I wish we could have had more time and a chance to meet you.

Chris
post #411 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
So you’re saying you have to get the wife a new ring and some artwork first? haha

Chris

Chris,

Yes, we should definitely meet at RMAF 2020 next October.

David
post #412 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 577
Quote:

Chris
Reminds me of great Ed Harris line in The Abyss when he throws his wedding ring down the toilet and says, "i hate that bitch". His coworker standing next to him says, "gee, maybe you shouldn't have married her".
post #413 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 577
Quote:

Chris
Reminds me of great Ed Harris line in The Abyss when he throws his wedding ring down the toilet and says, "i hate that bitch". His coworker standing next to him says, "gee, maybe you shouldn't have married her".
shivaji likes this.
post #414 of 432 Old 09-22-2019, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbitron View Post
I was young and dumb....
post #415 of 432 Old 09-23-2019, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Lmao!

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
post #416 of 432 Old 09-26-2019, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Parts Express project... "Do I Need A Sub" aka DINA active speakers... Look it up for the plans.

Joe Mariano aka "Joe N Tell" giving the demos. Little "tube buffer" if you want some "friendly" distortion.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Cool that they included the "tube buffer" I have one myself on my DAC....but I've changed the tubes out for matched Voshkod Soviet era tubes
post #417 of 432 Old 09-26-2019, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
No sense of this show being busy or crowded, just some rooms were standing room only. Others were like this...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
What room was this?
post #418 of 432 Old 09-26-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
What room was this?
I wasn't there, but much of the gear shown in the image is THRAX. The speakers are Lyra.
post #419 of 432 Old 09-26-2019, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 264
zillch, are there any audio components that you used to sell that you would recommend to non-audiophiles? Just curious.

Save your money.
post #420 of 432 Old 09-26-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out-Of-Phase View Post
zillch, are there any audio components that you used to sell that you would recommend to non-audiophiles? Just curious.
Sorry, I don't quite get the question.

First off "audiophile" can mean different things to different people, hence so can "non-audiophiles". I love audio (is that the definition?) but many current magazines which report to be marketed to audiophiles often parrot industry lies, such as these 10 big ones I believe you are already aware of. I'm not one of those "audiophiles" and hence I don't usually read those magazines [other than as one source for objective lab data measurements using instrumentation].

I seek accurate sound, aka "high fidelity". For reasons I don't understand there are people who seek altered sound. To me an audio reproduction chain's goal is to faithfully reproduce sound, not editorialize it nor purposefully modify it.

There is no magic "does everything right" brand.
drh3b likes this.

Last edited by m. zillch; 09-26-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Tags
rmaf 2019 , rocky mountain audio fest 2019

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page