For those using Tidal, spotify etc. how are you getting your music to your speakers? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #31 of 32 Old 01-13-2020, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I have a PC server running Roon (front end for Tidal that has tech built-in to bypass the Windows audio subsystem effectively. It will properly pass hi-res audio etc. without any interference from Windows!).
Roon also beautifully merges Tidal streaming with my lossless library of CD rips etc. living on the server.
Desktop: Schiit Modi 3 DAC to my vintage, fully restored Marantz 2275 to Axiom M2 speakers with sub or headphones.
Main system: S/PDIF digital coax cable from the server PC to my Denon 3400H AVR to my vintage, fully restored Carver M1.0T amp feeding a pair of Axiom M60 tower speakers. To my ears, the DAC in this AVR sounds excellent.
Living room: Airplay to my Denon 640H AVR and Sony speakers, Phase Tech sub.
Portable (for private headphone listening around the house): Apple iPad Air pro running Roon client. This iPad client is also used as the remote control for the other systems. I can instantly switch to any of the destinations directly from the Roon client.
—Mark—

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains & VP100 Center, Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub, Phase Tech Surrounds & 2 Polk RC60i Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Axiom M2v3's, BIC 10" Sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 01-16-2020, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Mac Mini running Roon and HQPlayer >
USB to Matrix X-SPDIF2 >
AES/EBU to Schiit Yggdrasil DAC >
Balanced XLR to Schiit Freya + Preamp >
Balanced XLR to Schiit Aegir Monoblocks >