• 1 Post By Rgb

post #1 of 12 Old 01-15-2020, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question DVD - Audio

Hi guys,
I want to create high quality DVD-Audio from my albums so that I can play them on car DVD player. my audio format is .wav ripped from original CD. can someone recommend me the software to burn Audio - DVD's or the method to do so. I do not want MP3. I want keep Audio Quality as it's original. that's why ripped as wav. I have Cyberlink Power2Go, bue it does not have that facility. advices are most welcome..

Last edited by Bndck; 01-16-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-15-2020, 04:10 AM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 974
I assume those are wma lossless, or else there would be no point to creating a DVD Audio disc (DVD-A, lossless high res)

Most DVD players can read pictures and mp3/wav files from a Data DVD.

Try burning a DVD Data disc with the files (Wav, flac, wma, etc) you want, albums in folders, and test it in the DVD player

IMGBurn can make Data DVDs

https://www.imgburn.com/

Just drag the wma files onto IMGBUrn gui then burn- set to 4x burn for most reliable/readable in all drives.

Last edited by Rgb; 01-16-2020 at 07:38 AM.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-15-2020, 04:25 AM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

If you want to make a DVD Video music disc with menus showing the songs, Roxio and other commerical apps can do it
http://img.roxio.com/enu/pdf/creator...music-disc.pdf
SuperFist likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-15-2020, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bndck View Post
Hi guys,
I want to create high quality DVD-Audio from my albums so that I can play them on car DVD player. my audio format is wma ripped from original CD. can someone recommend me the software to burn Audio - DVD's or the method to do so. I do not want MP3. I want keep Audio Quality as it's original. that's why ripped as WMA. I have Cyberlink Power2Go, bue it does not have that facility. advices are most welcome..
I you specifically want DVD-A format (no video) I use Burn, a free program for Macs.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/burn-osx/

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #5 of 12 Old 01-16-2020, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
I you specifically want DVD-A format (no video) I use Burn, a free program for Macs.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/burn-osx/
Thanks for your advice. I am a windows guy. no alternate for windows ((
post #6 of 12 Old 01-16-2020, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 681
Quote:
Thanks for your advice. I am a windows guy. no alternate for windows ((
I'd recommend you burn one disc of wma files as a data disc and see if that can be read. The native window SW should do that just fine. I also wouldn't rule out MP3 particularly at a high bit rate like 320 kb. Sure it's not lossless, but to be honest the car is not a great acoustic environment to begin with. I use 256 kb AAC for usb music files in my car and that is just fine. I save lossless and high rez for inside the house.
Ratman and Bndck like this.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650

Last edited by glangford; 01-16-2020 at 10:13 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-16-2020, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
I'd recommend you burn one disc of wma files as a data disc and see if that can be read. The native window SW should do that just fine. I also wouldn't rule out MP3 particularly at a high bit rate like 320 kb. Sure it's not lossless, but to be honest the car is not a great acoustic environment to begin with. I use 256 kb AAC for usb music files in my car and that is just fine. I save lossless and high rez for inside the house.
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your advises. as glangford suggests convert to wma is best bet. but can someone suggests me a better converter that converts nearly lossless. My main idea is to keep orginal CD quality in-tact. many thanks
post #8 of 12 Old 01-16-2020, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgb View Post
I assume those are wma lossless, or else there would be no point to creating a DVD Audio disc (DVD-A, lossless high res)

Most DVD players can read pictures and mp3/wav files from a Data DVD.

Try burning a DVD Data disc with the files (Wav, flac, wma, etc) you want, albums in folders, and test it in the DVD player

IMGBurn can make Data DVDs

https://www.imgburn.com/

Just drag the wma files onto IMGBUrn gui then burn- set to 4x burn for most reliable/readable in all drives.
Hi Rgb,,

yes it should be lossless. correction my current audio format is wav(lossless) rather wma.
Thanks
post #9 of 12 Old 01-16-2020, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I admire your desire to have great sound in the car. Still, a couple of questions to think about.

1. Actual DVD-A is a dead and rarely supported format. Have you already tested your car player to make sure it can read the DVD-A format? (I know mine won't.)

2. Do you have a VERY quiet car? In mine, I can't tell the difference between a 320 mpg and FLAC at redbook quality. My car player won't do high res, so I can't talk to that. And I should add, at home the difference is very apparent. I have a decent system in a quiet room; but in the car, not so much. So, have you done such a comparison while driving?

I think there is a Windows command-line program that will burn DVD-A format, but no longer have the link to it.

Good luck!

Mike (Portland, Oregon -- Long gone from North Carolina)

Main 2.2 system: Auralic Aries G1 streamer, Anthem STR preamp, Bryston 4B3 amp, Janszen Valentina mains, 2x JL Audio F112 subs. Desktop 2.1 system: JRiver Media Center, Classé CP-800 DAC-preamp, Marsh A400s amp, Harbeth P3ESR, B&W ASW610.
post #10 of 12 Old 01-17-2020, 05:20 AM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Rgb,,

yes it should be lossless. correction my current audio format is wav(lossless) rather wma.
Thanks
If CD rips, then they are 44.1Khz. Authoring a DVD requires conversion to 48Khz in general, so the resampling would again defeat the point of lossless.

Just burn a DVD data disc with IMGBurn , putting albums into folders and drag the folders to IMGBurn.

Then try the disc in the car player and see if it recognizes the files/folders and plays wav files.

If it recognizes the disc but does not play wav files, then try flac, alac, aiff lossless formats and as a last resort highest bitrate lossy MP3 or aac.
post #11 of 12 Old 01-17-2020, 06:18 AM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

Don't know if OP actually meant DVD-Audio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio

or just a DVD data or video disc with audio files.

Again, simplest path is to try lossless file formats burned as files to a data DVD.

Also Google around for the make/model/year of your car and DVD player- we are assuming the DVD player is integrated into your dash.
Ratman likes this.
post #12 of 12 Old 01-17-2020, 06:21 AM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

Never tried this, but here is a web based audio file convertor.

.m4a = .aac generally, and may play in the car player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page