Please recommend 2.1 receiver for home gym system - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-28-2020, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Please recommend 2.1 receiver for home gym system

I'm looking for a 2 channel receiver to drive a pair of SVS prime bookshelf speakers and an SVS SB2000PRO.

I had an older NAD C340 (now stolen) which I was happy with... it had RCA jumpers separating the pre-amp and power amp and I used those to run the line level signal through the sub and it's high-pass filter. I would be happy with a receiver that has that feature.

I would also be happy with a receiver that has a dedicated subwoofer out.

Bluetooth would be highly desirable, but not absolutely required.

The Onkyo TX-8220 at $200 would be a candidate. Anybody want to give me their recommendations? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-28-2020, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 4036
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama sam View Post
I'm looking for a 2 channel receiver to drive a pair of SVS prime bookshelf speakers and an SVS SB2000PRO.

I had an older NAD C340 (now stolen) which I was happy with... it had RCA jumpers separating the pre-amp and power amp and I used those to run the line level signal through the sub and it's high-pass filter. I would be happy with a receiver that has that feature.

I would also be happy with a receiver that has a dedicated subwoofer out.

Bluetooth would be highly desirable, but not absolutely required.

The Onkyo TX-8220 at $200 would be a candidate. Anybody want to give me their recommendations? Thanks!
I think you need more amp muscle. You had a good integrated amp for those speakers. Suggest finding same or similar used, if budget is a factor.

Good luck, have fun, stay safe.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
post #3 of 5 Old 04-28-2020, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panson View Post
I think you need more amp muscle. You had a good integrated amp for those speakers. Suggest finding same or similar used, if budget is a factor.

Good luck, have fun, stay safe.
Sure, I was happy with it and wish it hadn't been stolen along with the rest of my home theater equipment. All of it.
I actually had smaller cheapo bookshelf speakers before, the SVS bookshelf are somewhat of an upgrade. Had the same powered sub before, just not the PRO.

I've checked eBay, didn't find a good used NAD. I can spend more than the $200 for the Onkyo if needed, got a recommendation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-29-2020, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 4036
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama sam View Post
Sure, I was happy with it and wish it hadn't been stolen along with the rest of my home theater equipment. All of it.
I actually had smaller cheapo bookshelf speakers before, the SVS bookshelf are somewhat of an upgrade. Had the same powered sub before, just not the PRO.

I've checked eBay, didn't find a good used NAD. I can spend more than the $200 for the Onkyo if needed, got a recommendation?
For NAD or other...

Seattle area: Hawthorne Stereo; Audio Connection. Check their websites "used gear' or contact. Definitive Audio (possible NAD dealer) seems upscale, but you might contact their stores re used gear or "enticing new prices".

For new, Crutchfield online. Contact and ask for enticing sale prices.

Good luck.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
post #5 of 5 Old 05-17-2020, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Update: I did end up "winning" another NAD C340 on eBay. Not quite as nice as the one that was stolen, but otherwise equivalent.

The unit that was stolen didn't have the jumpers from pre-out to power-in in place... Idiots that stole it probably will end up tossing it because they can't figure out why there is no sound. :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page