Best turnable under 500 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By teachsac
  • 2 Post By twitch54
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 05-30-2020, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Best turnable under 500

hi everyone!

I'm planning to buy a turntable, my budget is 500 usd, any recommendations?
I've been doing my research and found that the Fluance RT85 it's a great option. The thing about this turntable is that it doesn't have an integrated preamp, only a phone connection.
I have a marantz SR5013 that in the back has an integrated special phono connection. Having this, do I need a turntable with integrated preamp or its not necessary?
Thanks !!
[email protected] is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 05-30-2020, 09:53 AM
Member
 
otlbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi everyone!

I'm planning to buy a turntable, my budget is 500 usd, any recommendations?
I've been doing my research and found that the Fluance RT85 it's a great option. The thing about this turntable is that it doesn't have an integrated preamp, only a phone connection.
I have a marantz SR5013 that in the back has an integrated special phono connection. Having this, do I need a turntable with integrated preamp or its not necessary?
Thanks !!
I think you meant to say that the turntable doesn't have a phono preamp, not integrated. The onboard phono preamp found in turntables would be good if you had a receiver that didn't have a phono input. Since your receiver has a phono input, just connect the table to it with the included RCA and ground cables. The fact that it comes with an Ortofon 2M Blue is not bad. Good sounding cart. It will take a good 50 hours to break in.

If I were looking to get into turntables again, this might be a good one to try. It gets very good reviews.

I prefer older, vintage fully automatic turntables myself like the Denon DP-47F, Pioneer Pl-707 or the JVC QL-Yxxx models. I owned at one time the Pl-707 and the QL-Y55F. The QL-Y55F was a great sounding table.

McIntosh MX121 McIntosh MC7205 Arial Acoustics Model 6 / Model 5 OPPO BDP-103

Last edited by otlbum; 05-30-2020 at 10:02 AM.
otlbum is online now  
post #3 of 27 Old 05-31-2020, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Kothoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 257
I'd recommend the Rega Planar 1, Planar 2 if you can swing the few extra bucks.

Theater: JVC RS540U, 2.35:1 142" screen, Onkyo RZ1100, Panasonic UB820, Outlaw Audio M2200 Monoblock x3, Klipsch RF7II, RC64II, RS62II, 5800CII x4 Atmos, PSA V3611 Subwoofer x2.
2 Channel: Parasound P6, Parasound A23+, Rega Planar 6 with Ortofon 2M Bronze, Klispch La Scala II.
Kothoga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 27 Old 06-01-2020, 02:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,527
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi everyone!

I'm planning to buy a turntable, my budget is 500 usd, any recommendations?
I've been doing my research and found that the Fluance RT85 it's a great option. The thing about this turntable is that it doesn't have an integrated preamp, only a phone connection.
I have a marantz SR5013 that in the back has an integrated special phono connection. Having this, do I need a turntable with integrated preamp or its not necessary?
Thanks !!
You might get more responses and recommendations in the 2 channel forum. Most people post there for turntable info.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
glangford is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 06-01-2020, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Best turnable under 500

I'm planning to buy a turntable, my budget is 500 usd, any recommendations?
I've been doing my research and found that the Fluance RT85 it's a great option. The thing about this turntable is that it doesn't have an integrated preamp, only a phone connection.
I have a marantz SR5013 that in the back has an integrated special phono connection. Having this, do I need a turntable with integrated preamp or its not necessary?
Thanks !!
[email protected] is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 06-01-2020, 04:36 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi If your amp has a phono input then use it as its prib better than a built in one on a TT.
Also check if this TT preamp can be turned off, if not you will have to connect it to the CD/Aux/Tape in inputs on your amp.

Have you considered looking at vintage 2nd hand turntables, you will get a lot more bang for your buck especially with $500 budget

All the best

Stewart

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Stewart Godfrey is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 06-01-2020, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 15,815
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked: 2525
Duplicate threads merged.
Stewart Godfrey likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
teachsac is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 06-01-2020, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
twitch54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Godfrey View Post
Hi If your amp has a phono input then use it as its prib better than a built in one on a TT.
Also check if this TT preamp can be turned off, if not you will have to connect it to the CD/Aux/Tape in inputs on your amp.

Have you considered looking at vintage 2nd hand turntables, you will get a lot more bang for your buck especially with $500 budget

All the best

Stewart

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
what needs to be checked is while having a phono input does not guarantee there is in fact a gain stage associated with it. it may be in fact just an 'input'.
In which case either a TT with one built in or adding one to the mix
twitch54 is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 06-01-2020, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi!
Thanks for your reply.
How can I check if there is a gain stage associated with my marantz SR5013?

*Analog

Input sen*si*tiv*ity:
200 mV

Fre*quency re*sponse:
10 Hz – 100 kHz — +1, –3 dB (Di*rect mode)

S/N:
100 dB (IHF–A weighted, Di*rect mode)

*Phono equalizer

Input sen*si*tiv*ity:
2.5 mV

RIAA de*vi*a*tion:
±1 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)

S/N:
74 dB (IHF-A)

Dis*tor*tion fac*tor:
0.03 % (1 kHz, 3 V)
[email protected] is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 06-01-2020, 11:13 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
what needs to be checked is while having a phono input does not guarantee there is in fact a gain stage associated with it. it may be in fact just an 'input'.

In which case either a TT with one built in or adding one to the mix
Do not understand this comment.
If the OPs amp has a Phono Input, there will be a gain stage in built in the amp. If the TT hes looking to buy already has a phono preamp he needs to plug into a line level input, unless it can be bypassed.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Stewart Godfrey is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
twitch54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Godfrey View Post
Do not understand this comment.
If the OPs amp has a Phono Input, there will be a gain stage in built in the amp. If the TT hes looking to buy already has a phono preamp he needs to plug into a line level input, unless it can be bypassed.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
no, not true, just because a given AVR has a 'phono input' does it mean there is gain associated with it. it can merely be an input 'so marked', I had a Pioneer Elite AVR a few years back that was configured just like that. That's why I said he needs to check his AVR to see
twitch54 is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
twitch54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi!
Thanks for your reply.
How can I check if there is a gain stage associated with my marantz SR5013?
Ok, I took the time to look up the manual for your AVR, page 60 of it states that your input does in fact have gain but only for use with a moving magnet / iron cartridge. If you choose to use a moving coil cartridge (lower output voltage) then step up device will be needed.

I'm assuming given the $$ range that your looking for in your analog start up that you will be using the higher output moving magnet type of cartridge. In which case you should be good to go.
twitch54 is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 09:07 AM
Member
 
CurtP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just went through this and ended up with a Fluance RT85. I like it, but I'm not sure I love it. Undecided if I'm going to keep or send back. It's not bad, but there are compromises on a $500 turntable that I'm not sure I can live with.
CurtP is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtP View Post
I just went through this and ended up with a Fluance RT85. I like it, but I'm not sure I love it. Undecided if I'm going to keep or send back. It's not bad, but there are compromises on a $500 turntable that I'm not sure I can live with.
Hi curtp

What do you mean by this? "There are commitments on a $ 500 turntable that I'm not sure I can live with."
Have you handled any other option?
Thanks!!
[email protected] is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
Ok, I took the time to look up the manual for your AVR, page 60 of it states that your input does in fact have gain but only for use with a moving magnet / iron cartridge. If you choose to use a moving coil cartridge (lower output voltage) then step up device will be needed.

I'm assuming given the $$ range that your looking for in your analog start up that you will be using the higher output moving magnet type of cartridge. In which case you should be good to go.
Thanks a lot twitch54!!!
[email protected] is offline  
post #16 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
twitch54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi curtp

What do you mean by this? "There are commitments on a $ 500 turntable that I'm not sure I can live with."
Have you handled any other option?
Thanks!!
Couple more thoughts / questions on your TT quest ..........

do have a collection of LP's to start with ?

do you have cleaning / maintenance supplies ?

Knowledge regarding table / tonearm / cartridge setup and integration ?
twitch54 is offline  
post #17 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
Couple more thoughts / questions on your TT quest ..........

do have a collection of LP's to start with ?

do you have cleaning / maintenance supplies ?

Knowledge regarding table / tonearm / cartridge setup and integration ?
Twitch

Gather more thoughts / questions about your TT search ..........

Do you have an LP collection to start with?
No, at that time I don't have any LP, but I will start soon.

Do you have cleaning / maintenance supplies?
No, what do you recommend?

Knowledge of table / arm / cartridge configuration and integration?
I've watched many videos and will follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

As you have seen, I am entering to this vinyl world, so any recommendation will be excellent for me.
[email protected] is offline  
post #18 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Collingswood, N.J.
Posts: 20,625
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2923 Post(s)
Liked: 2995
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi curtp

What do you mean by this? "There are commitments on a $ 500 turntable that I'm not sure I can live with."
Have you handled any other option?
Thanks!!
He stated "compromises", not "commitments". Hopefully he will clarify.



If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
Ratman is online now  
post #19 of 27 Old 06-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
twitch54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Twitch

Gather more thoughts / questions about your TT search ..........

Do you have an LP collection to start with?
No, at that time I don't have any LP, but I will start soon.

Do you have cleaning / maintenance supplies?
No, what do you recommend?

Knowledge of table / arm / cartridge configuration and integration?
I've watched many videos and will follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

As you have seen, I am entering to this vinyl world, so any recommendation will be excellent for me.
Ok, so it's ground zero..........

You're doing this because it's popular I suspect not because you're gaining a sonic advantage over digital, because you won't be. So if you plan shopping thrift / Goodwill for record bargains and just having fun, Ok that's a whole different matter.

I've been spinning LP's for well over 50 years and while my collection is modest(1500 LP's + or -) if I were start from scratch today would I ...... probably not. The commitment to analog requires not only a sizable amount of $$ but space, time and a whole lot of patience.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just pointing a few things that this old man has learned along the way
twitch54 is offline  
post #20 of 27 Old 06-04-2020, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citizen arcane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: At the gates of delirium
Posts: 8,463
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
Ok, so it's ground zero..........

You're doing this because it's popular I suspect not because you're gaining a sonic advantage over digital, because you won't be. So if you plan shopping thrift / Goodwill for record bargains and just having fun, Ok that's a whole different matter.

I've been spinning LP's for well over 50 years and while my collection is modest(1500 LP's + or -) if I were start from scratch today would I ...... probably not. The commitment to analog requires not only a sizable amount of $$ but space, time and a whole lot of patience.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just pointing a few things that this old man has learned along the way
I have the same experience as t54 - and the same advice. Will add......forget shopping thrift/Goodwill.... that's a waste of time; hard to find VG+ quality albums of your (or any) genre as LPs have become a commodity on the used market.

¿lɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ

citizen arcane is offline  
post #21 of 27 Old 06-05-2020, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
mrjinglesusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
Ok, so it's ground zero..........

You're doing this because it's popular I suspect not because you're gaining a sonic advantage over digital, because you won't be. So if you plan shopping thrift / Goodwill for record bargains and just having fun, Ok that's a whole different matter.

I've been spinning LP's for well over 50 years and while my collection is modest(1500 LP's + or -) if I were start from scratch today would I ...... probably not. The commitment to analog requires not only a sizable amount of $$ but space, time and a whole lot of patience.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just pointing a few things that this old man has learned along the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen arcane View Post
I have the same experience as t54 - and the same advice. Will add......forget shopping thrift/Goodwill.... that's a waste of time; hard to find VG+ quality albums of your (or any) genre as LPs have become a commodity on the used market.

I appreciate these comments because I've been considering entering the TT world and have been researching a lot by reading threads in this forum.



Based on your advice, I think I'll pass as I'd be starting from scratch. I'll stick to streaming my lossless digital music.
mrjinglesusa is offline  
post #22 of 27 Old 06-05-2020, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Good decision. Don’t expect a quality vinyl experience at a low price point. First there are some excellent moving magnet cartridges but not at a low price point. You’d be better off with an inexpensive phono preamp and lower end moving coil cartridge. Expect to spend at least $1000.00 for the package. My Dynavector 10x5 cartridge now retails for about $750.00 and sounds really good. There are good less expensive MC cartridges as well.

It’s worth it to get a decent vinyl setup. The sound can be more organic and rich than digital in my opinion.

Most larger metro areas have used record stores which are a great resource.

You don’t have to spend a lot on cleaning accessories but a good record cleaner like a Record Doctor for $200.00 is valuable if you buy used. Otherwise a $20.00 carbon fiber brush can do a decent job. You need this no matter what.

Jolida Fusion Preamp, Jolida JD1000P Amp, VPI Scout turntable with Dynavector 10X5 cartridge, Paradigm Studio 100 v.5 speakers, Sonica DAC streaming lossless files. Furman Elite 15 Power Conditioner.
MSchott is online now  
post #23 of 27 Old 06-05-2020, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
Ok, so it's ground zero..........

You're doing this because it's popular I suspect not because you're gaining a sonic advantage over digital, because you won't be. So if you plan shopping thrift / Goodwill for record bargains and just having fun, Ok that's a whole different matter.

I've been spinning LP's for well over 50 years and while my collection is modest(1500 LP's + or -) if I were start from scratch today would I ...... probably not. The commitment to analog requires not only a sizable amount of $$ but space, time and a whole lot of patience.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just pointing a few things that this old man has learned along the way
Hi Twitch54!

Yes, I am doing this because I always wanted to have my own vinyl system. When I was a child I used to play records with my grandfather and I have the best memories of that, so now that I have a good audio system and I can, I thought it would be a great idea to enter this world.
My apologies for the other thread about the different turntable options that I am managing, the idea was to put it in this thread so I can have opinions about it but I made a mistake, I am trying to delete it but I'm not finding the way to do it.

Thank you very much for your comments, I really appreciate it.

I take advantage of this reply to put to put the another thread here that I will delete as soon as posible.
"Which of these three is a better option:

1- Fluance RT85
2-Rega Planar 2
3- Project Debut Carbon Espirit SB.

The Fluance RT85 is the only one with Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge, but maybe that's not the only thing that's matters"
[email protected] is offline  
post #24 of 27 Old 06-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Member
 
CurtP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi curtp

What do you mean by this? "There are compromises on a $500 turntable that I'm not sure I can live with."
Have you handled any other option?
Thanks!!
I've posted several times and end up coming back and deleting it. There's a lot of people who feel strongly about this TT and I don't want to crap all over it. The main issue is mine had horrible feedback that was getting worse the more it played. I tried different interconnects, ground wires and even moved it to a different system and the problem persisted. It was most notable with the dust cover up, but it was still there even with it removed. I've opened a ticket with Fluance, and received an automated email, but no real support. I haven't heard back on my request for return either. Not impressed with their customer support so far.

I have other issues with it too, but I'll refrain.
CurtP is offline  
post #25 of 27 Old 06-06-2020, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
twitch54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi Twitch54!

Yes, I am doing this because I always wanted to have my own vinyl system. When I was a child I used to play records with my grandfather and I have the best memories of that, so now that I have a good audio system and I can, I thought it would be a great idea to enter this world.
My apologies for the other thread about the different turntable options that I am managing, the idea was to put it in this thread so I can have opinions about it but I made a mistake, I am trying to delete it but I'm not finding the way to do it.

Thank you very much for your comments, I really appreciate it.

I take advantage of this reply to put to put the another thread here that I will delete as soon as posible.
"Which of these three is a better option:

1- Fluance RT85
2-Rega Planar 2
3- Project Debut Carbon Espirit SB.

The Fluance RT85 is the only one with Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge, but maybe that's not the only thing that's matters"
Given Curt's recent experience and from what I know of the three you have listed I'd go with the Rega. With that being said I'd take a deep breath, remain patient and save some more $$ towards the Rega 3, IMO, that's where it really begins in the Rega lineup
twitch54 is offline  
post #26 of 27 Old 06-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
With that being said I'd take a deep breath, remain patient and save some more $$ towards the Rega 3, IMO, that's where it really begins in the Rega lineup
When I went through my journey, everything I read pointed me in the same direction as well. And with the overwhelming acclaim of the unit compared to any of it’s competitors, I eventually bit the bullet and got it.

That said, what would you say is what makes the Rega 3 special? Is it the cartridge, tone arm, or the overall package etc that makes it better than the others?
thebrieze01 is online now  
post #27 of 27 Old 06-06-2020, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
twitch54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrieze01 View Post
When I went through my journey, everything I read pointed me in the same direction as well. And with the overwhelming acclaim of the unit compared to any of it’s competitors, I eventually bit the bullet and got it.

That said, what would you say is what makes the Rega 3 special? Is it the cartridge, tone arm, or the overall package etc that makes it better than the others?
The tonearm of the Rega P3 (RB330) just might be one of if not the best tonearm on a sub 1k table. I'm not knocking the Op's other choices just making a point that to me makes sense to save a few extra $$ and come in at a much better starting point.
CurtP and thebrieze01 like this.
twitch54 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off