Pioneer Laserdisc fix help - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #241 of 249 Old 03-22-2019, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer View Post
Thanks for your followup..

I checked the ribbon cable on the DVD pickup and it looks good and not crimping anywhere when it comes out and returns. I had the unit at a Pioneer recommended service center but they could not fix it. Personally, I am not happy with Pioneer sending me to one of their service centers and they could not fix the issue. Don't know if the tech there was knowledgeable enough or did not want to spend the time to determine what was actually wrong and get the correct part, if that was still possible. With that said, since I cannot get parts to swap things out to get it to work, I'll put it out for someone if they need parts.
I could always use it for parts.

Kurtis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 249 Old 06-04-2019, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Kurtis, hope you are doing fine.

I removed the damaged (cut) ribbon cable from the laser assembly and with power off I closed manually the front tray. Now without the ribbon cable connected it doesn't open with poweron, so how do I manually oopen the front drawer/tray; I tried to remove the front panel without any luck, I broke one lower tab instead.
Player is the european CLD-D925.

Many thanks in advance!!!
post #243 of 249 Old 06-05-2019, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mipi View Post
Hi Kurtis, hope you are doing fine.

I removed the damaged (cut) ribbon cable from the laser assembly and with power off I closed manually the front tray. Now without the ribbon cable connected it doesn't open with poweron, so how do I manually oopen the front drawer/tray; I tried to remove the front panel without any luck, I broke one lower tab instead.
Player is the european CLD-D925.

Many thanks in advance!!!
You will see a pulley at the very front power supply side under the tray. Turning that one way opens the tray, the other will lift the mechanism.
mipi likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 249 Old 06-05-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis Bahr View Post
You will see a pulley at the very front power supply side under the tray. Turning that one way opens the tray, the other will lift the mechanism.

Many thanks Kurtis! I opened it very easily this way. You are king!

By the way, do you know if the 925 uses the same laser assembly or pick-up with other players (maybe the CLD-D515 or the S315; The brown safety tab that locks the ribbon cable on the laser assembly is broken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1805100039resized.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2576378  
post #245 of 249 Old 06-05-2019, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Many thanks Kurtis! I opened it very easily this way. You are king!

By the way, do you know if the 925 uses the same laser assembly or pick-up with other players (maybe the CLD-D515 or the S315; The brown safety tab that locks the ribbon cable on the laser assembly is broken
This laser is used in all of the latest versions of the CLD and DVL player except for the CLD-D704, CLD-99, CLD-79, LD-S9 and HLD-X9 type players. The older players used a totally different pickup.
mipi likes this.
post #246 of 249 Old 06-05-2019, 10:09 PM

Thank you very much for the reply. If these used the same laser assembly then maybe I could find a damaged or not working player just for parts. The brown safety tab I have broken is the one pictured, do you know if I can take this out easily from another pickup assembly if I find one;
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF3325.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	4.55 MB
ID:	2576558   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3324.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	4.55 MB
ID:	2576560  
post #247 of 249 Old 06-06-2019, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Thank you very much for the reply. If these used the same laser assembly then maybe I could find a damaged or not working player just for parts. The brown safety tab I have broken is the one pictured, do you know if I can take this out easily from another pickup assembly if I find one;
The part that broke is a guide. You can slip it in at the proper place and it will hold the ribbon cable. The flat bar at the back is what makes the pressure for proper contact. If you want a complete one they are pretty easy to remove.
post #248 of 249 Old 06-06-2019, 10:22 PM

Thank you very much, you are very helpful! A living laserdisc player library!
I asked by phone a technician in Pioneer service here in Greece with both of us looking at the service manual but he had no idea of that part which one was for sure. He said it should be the number 59 Carriage Assy which is Part No. VWT1110 59 on page 9 and 10 of the service manual on paragraph 2.6 Servo Mechanism Section. Of course from the diagram picture you can't be sure and he generally had no idea on laserdisc players, but on paragraph 2.8 Carriage Assy on page 12 I see it writes that the small board with the ribbon cable connector where the broken guide is on it, has no service part no. It seems this part goes together with the laser.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pages 9-10.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	744.3 KB
ID:	2576992   Click image for larger version

Name:	pages 11-13.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	660.9 KB
ID:	2576996  
post #249 of 249 Old 06-07-2019, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

I’m on vacation but VWT1110 sounds right. VWT1141 is the DVL version that would have the improved MHolder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Brand , Pioneer Electronics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page