Need to repair Proceed PMDT - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-17-2010, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The drawer on my Proceed PMDT started to stick a while ago, but I could get it to open and close with just a slight tug (to get the juices flowing again, I guess). Well, now that drawer is closed and won't budge.

Does anyone know where I can get this unit repaired?

Thanks!

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-18-2010, 12:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Use the link in my signature. Most DVD problems are not practical to repair, and parts are not available in many cases, but some problems like this are simple mechanical issues.

Madrigal likely provides no service support to independent servicers and you will likely have to send it to them if the problem is anything but a generic part or mechanical issue that can be easily resolved. I don't think Madrigal has much in the way of parts for it from what I have read, however, so you need to check with them. Your best bet is likely to have a tech with some experience with DVD players take a look at it and hope that he can fix it with no need to order parts or can identify the OEM drive and maybe find parts that way.

Yes, calibration is important...every user should be calibrated.

Need electronics repair? A great place to start looking for a shop in your area: http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
post #3 of 3 Old 02-01-2020, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Proceed PMDT Tray issues

From what I have been able to find there are two issues with the tray. One was related to software and supposedly mostly fixed with Version 3 software. The second is related to the grease used in the mechanism (that raises and lowers the laser unit).

I have taken my two players apart (relatively straightforward if you work slowly), replaced the two laser units (available on E-bay) and also cleaned and regressed the whole mechanism of gears with good quality white lithium grease.

If anyone has the Version 3 software files and instructions on how to load it I would really appreciate that.

Thanks
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page