Pioneer CLD-D99 LD Player "U2" Error - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-01-2019, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Pioneer CLD-D99 LD Player "U2" Error

Hello, I am seeking a little advice on fixing my Pioneer CLD-D99 LD Player, recently purchased from a seller on the internet. It was claimed that it can be powered on but can't play disks.

Upon turning it on, strange things happened. First all the LED segments on the display panel were lit by a few seconds, followed by displaying seven zeros "00 00000". No response by pressing most of the buttons on the remote, including the "open tray" button. By pressing certain buttons on the remote, "00 00000" on the panel display was changed to "U2", which means "communication error" between the mode controller and the mechanism controller after googling. When powering it off, the "-OFF-" message keeps blinking and the unit does not turn off. I'd like to seek anyone for comments if you have encountered the same issue before. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1. All LEDs Lit.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	533.8 KB
ID:	2597096   Click image for larger version

Name:	2. Seven Zeros.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	534.7 KB
ID:	2597098   Click image for larger version

Name:	3. U2 Error.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	542.8 KB
ID:	2597100  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-01-2019, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Amendment: First, all the LED segments on the display panel were lit, then when any buttons are pressed, the panel display was changed to "00 00000".

Remark: The TV screen remains black all the time (I use composite signal for connection)
post #3 of 4 Old 08-01-2019, 10:10 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I would ask the seller what they meant by "it can't play discs" This looks like a controller issue. Buying bad players is not recommended, this is not a typical error. I usually find someone opened the player, couldn't fix it or made it worse and then sells the player hoping to get their money back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-02-2019, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis Bahr View Post
I would ask the seller what they meant by "it can't play discs" This looks like a controller issue. Buying bad players is not recommended, this is not a typical error. I usually find someone opened the player, couldn't fix it or made it worse and then sells the player hoping to get their money back.
Dearest Kurtis, thank you so much for your precious comments. Therefore, I think what I can do now is to keep the parts inside for possible future service of another unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
laserdisc , Pioneer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page