Pioneer CLD-79 Multiple Issues - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-11-2019, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer CLD-79 Multiple Issues

Greetings All,

I recently acquired a CLD-79 from a local thrift store. It has multiple issues:

It has a broken motor holder (VNL1584?) and I found the gear (VNL1574) sliding around on the bottom of the unit. The motor holder does not appear to be available any longer. Does anyone know where I can source one, or have suggestions on how to repair it (the only damage I can see to the motor holder is the spoke holding said gear is gone)?

Additionally, the 3 wire housing assembly (VKP2011) that connects to the lever switch (DSK1003) which is part of the side changer mechanism (at the very back of the unit) has been either cut off, or possibly snapped off? I haven't been able to find the parts sliding around at the bottom of the unit, but I haven't been able to eject or manually move out the laser disc tray, so I can't see much underneath yet.

If the laser assembly is somewhere other than directly beside the spindle, the motor on the laser assembly spins up and I eventually get an E3 error. If I move the assembly to directly beside the spindle, I get an A3 error (which if I understand the service manual correctly, it's complaining about the missing lever switch?). At one point (though I don't remember where I placed the laser assembly, and couldn't replicate it later), the guide holding the laser assembly would move up and down, I'd hear some other motor underneath the tray whirring away (but sounding like it wasn't actually moving anything) and eventually I'd get an L3 error.

I'm hoping to get a sense of whether or not it's worth fixing, and any info/expertise would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page