Pioneer LD-707 - Tray won't open - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-28-2019, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer LD-707 - Tray won't open

My dad just gave me his LD-707 with the sound processor DA-1 but the tray won't open when pressing eject. It sounds as if the motor is trying to open the tray but nothing happens. I took the casing off but I have no clue how to get to the motor because it is below the tray. I have found service manuals online for $5 but I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to fix since I don't see any parts online. I really want to get this fixed or just buy a new one and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions. I have a Sony 4K TV that surprisingly has a composite/component input. Crossing my fingers Kurtis Bahr responds lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-29-2019, 10:22 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshs00 View Post
My dad just gave me his LD-707 with the sound processor DA-1 but the tray won't open when pressing eject. It sounds as if the motor is trying to open the tray but nothing happens. I took the casing off but I have no clue how to get to the motor because it is below the tray. I have found service manuals online for $5 but I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to fix since I don't see any parts online. I really want to get this fixed or just buy a new one and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions. I have a Sony 4K TV that surprisingly has a composite/component input. Crossing my fingers Kurtis Bahr responds lol.
With I bought my manuals from a service center I did not get the older players like the LD-707. I cannot help with this one as I have never worked on one. The tray opening is usually more involved with the older players.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-30-2019, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis Bahr View Post
With I bought my manuals from a service center I did not get the older players like the LD-707. I cannot help with this one as I have never worked on one. The tray opening is usually more involved with the older players.
Do you have any advice on another one? I've looked on eBay to see what's available and seems a lot are the models designed for educational purposes with lower quality video/audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-30-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 33
It depends on what you want spend for a laserdisc player. There are higher end units and lower or more of the entry units. I do refurbish units and sell them but I don't have any below the $200 price point.

The cheapest unit that will give you an AC-3 RF output and optical digital audio output along with playing both sides is the CLD-D406. But it needs the upgraded laser movement motor swapped in to have longevity of life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page