Pioneer Elite CLD-99 Laserdisc Player won't stay powered on - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2020, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer Elite CLD-99 Laserdisc Player won't stay powered on

Hi,

First post, so go easy on me. I have a Pioneer CLD-99 Laserdisc player that won't function. When I plug it into the electricity, the red power light comes on and stays on. As soon as I press most buttons on the front panel, the red light immediately goes off and won't come back on until I plug it back in. It doesn't do anything else. I suspect it may be related to a power supply or fuse issue, but I am unsure where to start looking or whether I need to order parts. Can the power supply or fuse on these be swapped without soldering similar to a PC?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8580.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	700.2 KB
ID:	2671032   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8582.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	605.4 KB
ID:	2671034  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2020, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
An update, I opened the player up, I broke both of the warranty seals on the back, so the player had never been opened since leaving the factory. I removed and inspected the fuse, there doesn't appear to be a break in the fuse, so it seems ok. The power supply board says "VWR1200-D" on it. The power board is listed on the pioneer website and shows the compatible models, but does not show as being in stock. Not sure what I should look for next or whether this unit is repairable. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8584[12332].jpg
Views:	7
Size:	563.7 KB
ID:	2671038  
post #3 of 3 Old 01-16-2020, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdale1 View Post
An update, I opened the player up, I broke both of the warranty seals on the back, so the player had never been opened since leaving the factory. I removed and inspected the fuse, there doesn't appear to be a break in the fuse, so it seems ok. The power supply board says "VWR1200-D" on it. The power board is listed on the pioneer website and shows the compatible models, but does not show as being in stock. Not sure what I should look for next or whether this unit is repairable. Any help would be appreciated.
The quick way to check the power supply is unplug the two ribbon cable and the connector for the spindle motor. Take a 1K resistor between the ever +5V and Power On where the smaller ribbon was connected and then measure the switched +5V, -5V, +12V and -12V outputs and see if they are OK. If this is good you have to start looking at the other boards for a short.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page