Sony DVP-CX995V owner's thread - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #2251 of 2260 Old 12-19-2018, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have now installed the belts and they did appear to fix the transport problem. Surprisingly the old belts weren’t significantly stretched out of shape. The eBay belts were actually the same size as the old belts but the cross section of the new belts was thicker, effectively making them tighter. I’m not sure if the old belts were that thick originally or not but of course it doesn’t matter.
The transport and loading now works but I’ve run into a larger problem in that the once loaded up, the the laser “hunts” and the disc does not rotate. The disk is rejected, another loaded and the process repeats. On *some* disks, it will spin up and apparently successfully play it. I don’t gave the box back together and hooked to the system yet. I did clean the laser lens, and the laser does turn on, but only about a half second. It looks like I’ll need to change out the read mechanism .
Any links to this part?
Also, mine is a 995 standard DVD/CD player. Is it possible to upgrade this to handle Blu-Ray?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2260 Old 12-29-2018, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Load question
I have just bought one of these units. Loaded it full of DVDs and at some point in the process maybe hit the “load” button. Quickly hit stop. Got one or two dvds title info, etc. finished inserting dvds. All 400 slots full. And then wanted to load the title info. I have read the posts saying the process is slow. Also that it only gets 20-50% of the discs. But I have a different problem. I push the load button and nothing happens! The manual says it should even work in standby and to press load before turning on the power. Tried that too. Nothing. Is it because the process was started and then stopped? Can I reset the database and start the load over? Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!!!
post #2253 of 2260 Old 01-27-2019, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi. I have an opportunity to purchase one of these at a great price. Im only looking to use it for CD playing listening to music. Am I looking for trouble doing this? Is this more dedicated to DVD playing ? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2254 of 2260 Old 01-27-2019, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mustang View Post
Hi. I have an opportunity to purchase one of these at a great price. Im only looking to use it for CD playing listening to music. Am I looking for trouble doing this? Is this more dedicated to DVD playing ? Thanks.
It'll work fine as a CD player.
post #2255 of 2260 Old 01-30-2019, 06:15 PM

Anyone know what year Sony did the firmware upgrade to all factory new built players?
post #2256 of 2260 Old 01-31-2019, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Anyone know what year Sony did the firmware upgrade to all factory new built players?
DVP-CX995V Firmware Update release date is July 11th 2007. I believe the units were already out of production by then?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/W0002824

File Info

File Name
DVP-CX995V_UC_144.zip

File Version
n/a

File Size
3.59 MB

Release Date
07-11-2007
post #2257 of 2260 Old 02-05-2019, 06:31 PM

Ok. Couple of issues. How does one check the version of firmware ? Someone here said on the remote while unit is off.... press top menu. Press clear then press on button. The screen should come up to the ability to see what version you have. When I do this... all it does is turn the unit on and start playing the disc that was last viewed

Second.... when the unit is off. I press the button on unit to turn on. I press the open button. Nothing happens. Won't open. It Will using the remote, but not from the unit. The disc change button is illuminated though. Am I doing something wrong here?
post #2258 of 2260 Old 02-11-2019, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Ok. Couple of issues. How does one check the version of firmware ? Someone here said on the remote while unit is off.... press top menu. Press clear then press on button. The screen should come up to the ability to see what version you have. When I do this... all it does is turn the unit on and start playing the disc that was last viewed

Second.... when the unit is off. I press the button on unit to turn on. I press the open button. Nothing happens. Won't open. It Will using the remote, but not from the unit. The disc change button is illuminated though. Am I doing something wrong here?
The firmware update instructions are detailed here;
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/W0002824

I image the current firmware version is shown on the "STMicroelectronics System Update Utility screen".
post #2259 of 2260 Old 02-11-2019, 10:01 AM

I don't think the upgrade has anything to do with the. Uttons not working on my panel. Also... the process to check what version I have doesn't work either. It just turns the player back on.
post #2260 of 2260 Old 08-10-2019, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DVP-CX995V Multi-disc DVD Player Setup

Recently I purchased a pair of these players that were new (and from the looks of them, they looked new). The belts have been replaced and they play just fine. This is our second set of these players, the first of which we got new in 2010. My problem is that I cannot get to the setup portion that will allow me to change the aspect ratio of the video, sound output and other things of that nature. When I select display and go to the toolbox on the bottom, I select custom and get the message "stop playback and retry". Now the movie has been paused, but anything of the settings in the toolbox get the same message. If you are in the folder that shows all the movies, you cannot get to that screen.

Is there any way to do a factory reset that will allow this without using the remote to access it? And hopefully not erase the memory of the labels for the discs that have been installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
Sony , Sony Brand , Sony Corp , Sony Corporation , Sony Dvp Cx777es 400 Disc Dvd Cd Changer , Sony Dvp Ns710h B 1080p Upscaling Dvd Player Black , Sony Electronics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page