You're welcome. The 3910 remains an excellent unit, especially for audio. (If you ever have an opportunity to use the iLink connection through another Pioneer receiver, do so. The improvement in audio quality is amazing.) How's yer weather in Chicago, BTW??
I will try to locate my copies of the software to enable region-free status. I'll let you know.
In the meantime you might want to try this -
To make the Denon DVD-2910, 3910 and A1XV play DVDs from all regions:
1. Ensure there is no disc in the player.
2. Power off using the front panel On/Off button (not standby).
3. Press and hold Open/Close, Play and Skip Reverse (I<<).
4. Keep the above buttons held and Power-up the player using the On/Off button, holding the above buttons until the player's name disappears from the front panel.
5. Wait until the player finishes LOADING and the front panel of the player shows 0:00:00.
6. On the remote handset, press in sequence; 7 3 1 9 4 6 2 8
7. The unit should enter standby mode. On the front panel of the player, press the Standby button to turn the player back on.
8. To confirm the update, press on the front panel Stop and Skip Forward (>>I). The front panel should briefly display Region_A2. If not, then repeat the process 1-7 above.
This hack needs no firmware upgradehttps://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...2#post15300352
I've never had the need to try it, but it can't do any harm.