Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds - Page 181 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 608Likes

post #5401 of 5409 Old 09-24-2019, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Finished "The I-Land" last night .. interesting concept, good cast, good production values .. I can't say I loved it, and I can't say I hated it .. kind of middle of the road on this one .. seven episodes was probably enough ..
I thought 3 or 4 would have been enough !
Garrett Adams likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5402 of 5409 Old 09-25-2019, 05:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 372
"Unbelievable" is one of the best Netflix "originals" I've ever seen. Stay tuned for next year's Emmy awards.
mgkdragn likes this.

Denon x4400h, Samsung LED 1080p TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, Darbeevision, etc.
Headphone system: Focal Clear, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1, Denon DVD-3910
post #5403 of 5409 Old 09-25-2019, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4037 Post(s)
Liked: 3753
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
"Unbelievable" is one of the best Netflix "originals" I've ever seen. Stay tuned for next year's Emmy awards.
I thought it was very good as well, some great performances from the 3 main leads and I'd be surprised if nominations don't appear in the award shows next season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5404 of 5409 Old 09-25-2019, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3009 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Added to my list, thanks for the tip ..

I tried getting into "Dark Crystal" but it's just not grabbing me .. maybe I was not in the mood, don't know .. thoughts from anyone .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #5405 of 5409 Old 09-26-2019, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2393 Post(s)
Liked: 2031
Tomorrow is my last day with Netflix for awhile. I'll check in here though to see what they're up to and what I want to binge on for a month "catch up" later on.
post #5406 of 5409 Old 09-26-2019, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Added to my list, thanks for the tip ..

I tried getting into "Dark Crystal" but it's just not grabbing me .. maybe I was not in the mood, don't know .. thoughts from anyone .. ??
For me it's the juxtaposition of the state-of-the-art special effects and the rather crude and expressionless puppetry. Henson's Creature Shop was unbeatable for a very, very long time when it came to surreal and alien practical effects, and models/puppets that could emote. Sadly, they've been surpassed by CGI and I'm finding that the emotional impact, and as a result the empathy with their characters, just isn't there.
post #5407 of 5409 Old 09-27-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
For me it's the juxtaposition of the state-of-the-art special effects and the rather crude and expressionless puppetry. Henson's Creature Shop was unbeatable for a very, very long time when it came to surreal and alien practical effects, and models/puppets that could emote. Sadly, they've been surpassed by CGI and I'm finding that the emotional impact, and as a result the empathy with their characters, just isn't there.
That's a good point .. it just looked like a high-end puppet show to me .. tough to get into .. have not gone back since watching the 1st episode .. and, I really did want to like it ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #5408 of 5409 Old 10-22-2019, 09:14 AM

Not the Worlds Best Sci Fi, but not the worst .. will be finishing it off tonight ..

"Another Life"

https://www.netflix.com/title/80236236

Uncle Willie

post #5409 of 5409 Old 10-22-2019, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Tell Me Who I Am is one of the most fascinating documentaries I've seen in a long time. A young man suffers a head injury in a motorcycle accident. When he awakens from a coma, the only person he knows is his twin brother. He has NO autobiographical memory for anything. I won't say more because anything further would be a spoiler.

Just watch it!

Denon x4400h, Samsung LED 1080p TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, Darbeevision, etc.
Headphone system: Focal Clear, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1, Denon DVD-3910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page