Strange problem with Netflix and Amazon Streaming - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-24-2016, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Strange problem with Netflix and Amazon Streaming

During streaming playback on Netflix OR Amazon the video speeds up but the audio remains 'normal' (No Chipmunk). Stopping the stream and restarting it fixes it but it comes back. This happens every twenty minutes or so. I let it run once for a few minutes and it fixed itself without stopping the stream.

I have UVerse GigaPower service and have no issues with their cable feed. Netflix and Amazon are running on a Sony bluray player with the latest firmware. Player is hardwired to router and modem. On the chain is a Darbee, Yamaha receiver and Lumagen mini 3D feeding a Sony 40es projector. Cable between Lumagen and Projector is 25 feet long if it matters... Normal... Not redmere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-25-2016, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 1350
I would suspect the Sony Blu-ray player app. Try a different streamer.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #3 of 7 Old 08-25-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Audio used for streaming is usually a separate file being streamed since they only need one audio stream for any of the video resolutions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-25-2016, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
During streaming playback on Netflix OR Amazon the video speeds up but the audio remains 'normal' (No Chipmunk). Stopping the stream and restarting it fixes it but it comes back. This happens every twenty minutes or so. I let it run once for a few minutes and it fixed itself without stopping the stream.

I have UVerse GigaPower service and have no issues with their cable feed. Netflix and Amazon are running on a Sony bluray player with the latest firmware. Player is hardwired to router and modem. On the chain is a Darbee, Yamaha receiver and Lumagen mini 3D feeding a Sony 40es projector. Cable between Lumagen and Projector is 25 feet long if it matters... Normal... Not redmere.
What model BD player?

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR
post #5 of 7 Old 08-25-2016, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up swapping the bluray player and that seemed to resolve it.

The original player that was skipping was a Sony BDP-S1500. I moved it from another room when my BDP-S5500 started having problems with its optical drive. When I hooked up the 5500 for streaming it worked fine.

I'm tempted to try out a dedicated streaming device but I watch a lot of bluray and I'm running out of HDMI ports. I may see if I can pick up another 5500.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-26-2016, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 1350
Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up swapping the bluray player and that seemed to resolve it.

The original player that was skipping was a Sony BDP-S1500. I moved it from another room when my BDP-S5500 started having problems with its optical drive. When I hooked up the 5500 for streaming it worked fine.

I'm tempted to try out a dedicated streaming device but I watch a lot of bluray and I'm running out of HDMI ports. I may see if I can pick up another 5500.
Ran into the same problem with my older Denon 2309CI receiver - not enough HDMI ports. I've used the inexpensive Monoprice 3X1 Mini HDMI switcher for years without a problem.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8202

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #7 of 7 Old 08-26-2016, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Quote:

I've seen it a few times and not necessarily on Netflix or Amazon. I think it might have happened on Hulu too. And it may have been on my Sony S1200. But it was rare and maybe a streaming problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page