Any more of the Kodi box type of tv box? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-16-2018, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1831 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Any more of the Kodi box type of tv box?

Hi

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask. I bought two Kodi boxes in 2016, the MXQ or something. My main thing is to watch tv shows that I missed. I used Exodus a lot, it used to work, but about a year ago, they all stop working. I want to know is there anything out there that still work I can buy. Or they shut it all down already?

Own designed power amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Nakamichi Stasis PA-7 power amp, Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-17-2018, 01:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 5459 Post(s)
Liked: 3570
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan0354 View Post
Hi

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask. I bought two Kodi boxes in 2016, the MXQ or something. My main thing is to watch tv shows that I missed. I used Exodus a lot, it used to work, but about a year ago, they all stop working. I want to know is there anything out there that still work I can buy. Or they shut it all down already?
Kodi is a fully working open source and legal platform. Exodus was an addon that allowed for sharing of mostly illegal content. It's hard to know what you're asking exactly. But Kodi still works fine. I have no idea about the condition of Exodus. I don't use it.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2019, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Exactly. Kodi is open source software you can run on a PC (or many other types of hardware). There are tons of add-ons. It's unforunate that "Kodi box" started to mean box pre-loaded with Kodi and add-ons for illegal streaming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-15-2019, 10:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2260 Post(s)
Liked: 3542
You can still get Android TV boxes that run KODI, of course the manufacturer might not be around if you have an issue down the line. Start by googling Xiaomi Mi Box S they seem to be commited to be in the u.s. market for awhile. Exodus is dead if you're looking for it.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page