Originally Posted by gambler52
Problem solved. Simply pointed the remote away from the box and covered the end with my hand, AVR stayed on and the box shut off. I thought about leaving the box on all the time but I have a data cap with Comcast and from what I can tell it will always be using data while on. Will check further on that.
Thanks for the help.
I've been testing the beta box for about a week now. Initial setup was fairly easy, although there was a 4 minute span where my tv when completely black while the box rebooted, but it came back fine after that.
1. The remote is awful, way too much lag time. I used it for awhile but eventually switched to my Harmony 700 and Harmony Hub. This is much better and all buttons are functional now. The bad news is my Harmony remote doesn't have a mic, so I lose that feature but I can live without it.
2. The box seems very stable so far, no rebooting issues as some have complained about. The DTVN app runs very well and I haven't really noticed any issues with it.
3. I was able to download Hulu and a few other apps, still no support for Netflix or Amazon Video. Not sure what this is about, but this will be a deal breaker for me if this isn't fixed soon.
4. I setup the box to a default display of [email protected]
, so the picture looks very good and crisp. There is nothing in the setup that I could find for HDR, so I'm not sure if that is actually functional yet. I tried testing with YouTube 4kHDR channels and although they all look very good on my display, there was nothing in the display Info that indicates it is actually displaying an HDR10 or Dolby Vision video.
5. I setup the box for the default audio as surround sound. There are some trade-offs in doing this, as you don't really get Dolby Digital 5.1 when available. It's really just sending stereo audio to all channels for now. For audiofiles, this is not really the ideal setup, but at least I get full surround sound with every DTVN channel.
6. I'm not sure what the reasoning is for the box starting up in the DTVN app. I would rather have it default to the apps screen like the Shield does. It may be that [email protected]
has embedded the DTVN app into the device to protect the app. Who knows why [email protected]
does the things they do?
I'll keep testing and give another update later......