"Giant" Digital copy from iTune Store - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.G

post #1 of 4 Old 01-05-2019, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 131
"Giant" Digital copy from iTune Store

Hope I am not posting this in the wrong spot . I just bought the movie " Giant" with Rock Hudson & Liz Taylor from iTune store but the pic looks horrible , it say the movie is in HD & widescreen but I am not too happy the way it looks . Anyone else seen this movie in blu ray HD ?..

LG OLED C8 65 2018 BR . HT: JVC RS2000, S Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain screen, Apple TV4k, Def Tech 9080/C 9080/9040 Dolby Atmos Speakers, Denon X6500H , Panasonic UB820 and a nagging wife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-05-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdude View Post
Hope I am not posting this in the wrong spot . I just bought the movie " Giant" with Rock Hudson & Liz Taylor from iTune store but the pic looks horrible , it say the movie is in HD & widescreen but I am not too happy the way it looks . Anyone else seen this movie in blu ray HD ?..
On rare occasions I've had what I consider a 'bad' streaming version of a film. I don't own the Giant Blu-ray but when it was released in 2013 it got decent ratings for picture and sound.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Giant-Blu-ray/25085/

Edit: Another review.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-r...nt_blu-ray.htm

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies

Last edited by Mr.G; 01-05-2019 at 08:41 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-06-2019, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdude View Post
I can confirm what you saw...it is a mediocre copy of the film. Watched it on iTunes with the Apple TV 4K. On VUDU with the Roku Premiere+. On Amazon Video with the Fire TV 4K Stick. All of these streaming companies have the same copy. The Blu-ray is supposedly soft but because of the higher resolution may be slightly better looking but I doubt it's worth the investment. The initial reviews I sent pretty much outline the history of this film and transfer.
Soccerdude likes this.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-06-2019, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I paid $4.99 over the holidays for the iTune copy but very disappointed . I also bought the Cleopatra with liz this one the pic rocks. Just wonder if iTune gives my money back

LG OLED C8 65 2018 BR . HT: JVC RS2000, S Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain screen, Apple TV4k, Def Tech 9080/C 9080/9040 Dolby Atmos Speakers, Denon X6500H , Panasonic UB820 and a nagging wife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page