Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-25-2019, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked: 318
NHL.TV Network Cost?

Does the NHL.TV network exist as a streaming source for the channel? What is the cost? I could not find one on their site except for a $9.95 charge to watch the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I am looking at going to Playstation Vue and the only sports network that I am interested in that is not offered by Vue is the NHL Network.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-26-2019, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In October 2018 I paid $140 for NHL.TV, which is the streaming package that lets you watch out-of-market hockey games on your TV using a streaming box like a Roku or Apple TV, or on your computer. This price got me the entire 2018-2019 season.

The NHL Network is the cable channel that is available from most cable companies and a small number of streaming services (DirecTV Now and Sling TV). They have a lot of hockey shows and a smattering of hockey games throughout the season. In the US, NHL Network also broadcasts some international tournaments like the World Hockey Championship.

An NHL.TV subscription does not include NHL Network. It sure would be nice if it did. Sling TV has affordable options for getting NHL Network, but overall Sling TV (to me at least) is not a very appealing streaming service. And Directv Now only offers NHL Network in their most expensive bundles of channels, so it's not very affordable.

My opinion: for now it's hard to "cut the cord" and get NHL Network in any way that really makes sense. I'm hoping that the more appealing streaming services like PlayStation Vue and YouTube TV eventually add the NHL Network.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-26-2019, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by russdw View Post
In October 2018 I paid $140 for NHL.TV, which is the streaming package that lets you watch out-of-market hockey games on your TV using a streaming box like a Roku or Apple TV, or on your computer. This price got me the entire 2018-2019 season.

The NHL Network is the cable channel that is available from most cable companies and a small number of streaming services (DirecTV Now and Sling TV). They have a lot of hockey shows and a smattering of hockey games throughout the season. In the US, NHL Network also broadcasts some international tournaments like the World Hockey Championship.

An NHL.TV subscription does not include NHL Network. It sure would be nice if it did. Sling TV has affordable options for getting NHL Network, but overall Sling TV (to me at least) is not a very appealing streaming service. And Directv Now only offers NHL Network in their most expensive bundles of channels, so it's not very affordable.

My opinion: for now it's hard to "cut the cord" and get NHL Network in any way that really makes sense. I'm hoping that the more appealing streaming services like PlayStation Vue and YouTube TV eventually add the NHL Network.
My sentiments exactly. The only sports network that I could see that Vue didn't have is the NHL; one that I watch all the time. So NHL Network, which is really what I wanted, not NHL.LIVE, does not stream on their own?

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-26-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
So NHL Network, which is really what I wanted, not NHL.LIVE, does not stream on their own?
No, NHL Network does not stream on its own anywhere that I know of, either for free or for a fee. This article is accurate as far as I know.

If you search for "NHL Network" on www.YouTube.com, you'll find excerpts from some NHL Network shows are posted there, but it does not appear to be entire shows. The only places I know to get NHL Network in the US are:

• Likely your local cable company, but perhaps relegated to a pricey "gold" bundle.
  • Satellite providers like DirecTV and Dish Network.
  • The DirecTV Now and Sling TV streaming packages I described previously.

Although I would like to watch NHL Network, I make do without it by following podcasts from www.sportsnet.ca like Hockey Central and 31 Thoughts, as well as some local podcasts that cover my favorite team. And I occasionally let my streaming provider (YouTube TV) know that I hope they add NHL Network to their channel lineup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page