Question about graphics card vs. Home Stereo / Video Player to play large video files - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-18-2020, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question about graphics card vs. Home Stereo / Video Player to play large video files

Hi -

I'm struggling to play large MP4 / MKV, etc. files through my laptop (which doesn't have a great graphic card) and feeding that into my MARANTZ SR8012 (their flagship model) HT receiver. The Marantz handles the sound beautifully, but the video is playing through a VLC player on the laptop and struggles with the larger files - it's jumpy and the sound is always lined up with the lips moving, which is painful to watch.

Can someone help a greenhorn like myself understand how to play large video files through my HT Receiver? Is there a separate video player for this that has some storage on it (which I can transfer files to from my computer) or is there a better way to directly transfer the digital signal to the Receiver? Or is there a way to fix the jumpiness? (I am using an updated VLC media player).

Maybe your standard Blue Ray player can do this these days, but I don't think my current one can.

Thanks
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page