Buying digital HD movies through Vudu, Amazon, etc. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-01-2020, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Buying digital HD movies through Vudu, Amazon, etc.

I'm not sure if this really belongs in this subforum, but it seems to be the closest to this subject matter...

I've long been a "physical media" guy, but I'm starting to expand my collection with digital-only movies. One issue I've run across already is that when Amazon offers a digital version of a movie for purchase, it seems difficult to tell exactly what source material you'll be getting. Many films have multiple blu-ray releases, with widely varying quality or features. Amazon doesn't seem to identify the specific source of the digital versions they are selling, at least if I'm making the purchase directly through the Prime Video app on my Roku. Is there any way to tell?

Similarly, I've been using Vudu's "mobile disc to digital" program to buy digital HD versions of some movies I only have on DVD, only to find in some cases that their HD version is a different edit of the movie, or has a mediocre transfer, etc.

I just wish they'd give more information on the source of each digital product...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Download Services & Hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page