eXuby M3 converter need help to setup remote for slingbox - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-20-2019, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
eXuby M3 converter need help to setup remote for slingbox

Howdy all,

I purchased a eXuby M3 ATSC converter box package off of Amazon, and it seems to be working well. The plan was to connect my old Sling M1 to the converter box to enable watching local ATSC channels while on the road. Generally the Sling M1 setup goes well, except I cannot find eXuby DTV converter boxes in the list of devices to control and thus the Sling M1 cannot remotely control the box for channel change.

The manual says the IR remote is 36kHz RC3.

Sling has a long list of OEMs and box options, what I am looking for is if anyone knows of a box that might have a similar remote configuration (it does not have to support all features, I really am just hoping for power and channel up / down. More is better like arrows and enter and back/exit etc...

By luck I saw on this forum a thread on ViewTV AT-163 which seems like a similar box, I will try to find that on sling m1 setup.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-20-2019, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I did try to put this thread under the Converter Box (CECB) threads...

I attempted to setup the slingbox with the ViewTV AT-163 option, but the install hung (for hours) trying to install the remote for AT-163 (tried multiple times after factory reset of the slingbox M1 - guess I will have to contact slingbox support as to why it cannot install the AT-163 remote).

Still looking for other box suggestions that might have similar IR remote 36kHz RC3.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Converter Box (CECB)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page