Fury (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78Likes

post #1 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1649 Post(s)
Liked: 5853
Fury (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review

Check out our review of this gritty war drama written and directed by David Ayer. April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Sony Pictures - 2014
MPAA Rating: R
Feature running time: 135 minutes
Genre: Drama/War

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: AVC
Video Aspect: 2.40:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio, Spanish/English Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, English SDH, Spanish
Starring: Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Pena, Jon Bernthal
Written & Directed by: David Ayer
Music by: Steven Price
Region Code: A,B

Blu-ray Disc release Date: January 27, 2015

"Best job I ever had…"

My Take:

April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and his five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Out-numbered, out-gunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.

Films that depict the horrors of war can sometimes have a way of sticking with you long after seeing them. This is especially true in the case of World War II which left so many soldiers and civilians dead in its wake. Fury doesn’t attempt to tell a broad story of the war but instead focuses on the members of a Sherman Tank crew in Germany in 1945. Battle hardened and battle weary this group has managed to survive and remain together. As with most of the men that fought for our country they came from different backgrounds and parts of the country. The glue that has holds them together is their leader Sgt. Collier, a man who says what he means and means what he says. His crew abides by his lead whatever the cost. When not on the lines of battle his subordinates share an eyebrow raising esprit de corps.

Writer/director David Ayer sidesteps early character development in favor of opening with the grim and visceral realties of war. People die. At well over two hours Ayer ensures that the mayhem is reinforced while slowly dissecting the essence of his five primary characters four of whom, frankly, aren’t very likeable. Rather than an opus like Saving Private Ryan Fury is a snapshot with a simple theme that revolves around loss of innocence in the face of tragedy during one of our country’s worst conflicts. I saw Fury with my wife in the theater and while we liked it we didn’t love it.

The lack of a connection to these men was difficult especially given the nature of how they were drawn. Young Norman, the clerk typist with 8 weeks in the Army, was set as the identifying figure whose soul was still intact. This seemed to pervade with only mere glimmers that exposed the humanity of Norman’s new cohorts. I think that part of the reason the film didn’t resonate quite so deeply was that perhaps we were expecting a bit more Saving Private Ryan. Yeah, war is hell but these guys have endured through meaningful kinship born out of making the best of an imaginable situation.

Watching Fury for the second time I gleaned a bit more from its series of a smaller moments that emphasized the unspoken bond shared by Sgt. Collier, “Bible”, “Gordo” and “Coon-ass”. This wasn’t born out of typically portrayed comradeship but remained just below the surface, revealed out of necessity as dictated by an event or moment. THIS is where the film shines. Watching as Norman comes to understand this under the direst of conditions is what elevates the story.

The depiction of war is as graphic and bleak as I have seen. There is an earthy and incidental quality to the dialogue which enriches the proceedings. The performances across the board are excellent and aptly coincide with the film’s portrait of the rigors of war and the men who lived and died defending our freedom. Fury isn’t a perfect film but there is a tangibility to it that extends beyond its scope. My initial feeling was that this isn’t a film that would hold up under repeat viewings. My opinion has changed. I look forward to sitting down with it again if not only to revel in the wonderful performances and visceral reminder of the sacrifices made by so many.

Parental Guide:

The rating is for strong sequences of war violence, some grisly images, and language throughout.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

Audio: 96
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialogue Reproduction:
  • Low frequency extension * (non-rated element):
  • DSU Rating * (non-rated element):

Video: 88
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Fury comes to Blu-ray Disc from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 22 Mbps and lossless DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound that has an average bitrate of 2.3 Mbps.

This film has an intentionally stylized visual design that utilizes a muted color scheme that works aesthetically well for the film’s theme and setting. The color range is limited to shades of green and black with splashes of crimson and muted sepia tones. Warm primary accents are used to break up the film’s monochromatic essence. Fleshtones hold up nicely against the de-saturated chroma and don’t appear unnatural. Uneven light and shading are prevalent. Contrast is spot on which empowers whites and grays without washing away detail. Whites are punchy and grays are multi-staged and deep. I find the quality of the video to be high. It isn’t always razor sharp but it’s cleanly rendered with plenty of subtle refinement and delineation that enhances depth and reveals fine detail in objects, clothing, and physical features.

Blacks aren’t inky in depth but are gradationally revealing which combines with excellent detail in low light and shadowy backgrounds to provide a strong sense of dimension. It is important to note that proper adjustment of your display’s brightness setting is crucial to the ability to discern shadow detail. Many of the sequences take place in tank’s darkened interior. Improper adjustment of brightness can result in crushing effect. This presentation essentially mirrored what I saw in the theater.

The high resolution DTS-HD MA surround mix delivers the soundtrack’s elements with aplomb. The higher fidelity inherent in this lossless sound mix is readily apparent. Dynamic range is noteworthy which renders the film’s war/action based sequences with defining impact and energy. Dialogue is presented with crystal clear intonation, full bodied texture, and deep room penetration. Steven Price’s music score is airy, clear and warm. Imaging across the soundstage is spot on as sounds are integrated with precision. This is an involving surround mix that intelligently utilizes the entire system where appropriate.

There are three set pieces involving battle, the first beginning in chapter 4, the second in chapter 10 and the last during the finale. During the battle sequences the listening position is actively engaged by a mixture of spatial and discretely placed sound effects that place the listener in the heart of the action as machine gun fire, tank guns and flying shells revolve, shake and whiz around the room. There is lots of subtle nuance as well. As Sgt. Collier discusses battle strategy with the commanding officer inside a barn, planes and mortar shells can be heard flying overhead and hitting their marks at various points in the soundfield.

Low frequency detail is clean, well-articulated and deep as points of contact resonate with palpable impact. I love the growl of the Sherman Tanks engine at the beginning of the battle segment in chapter four. This isn’t a bombastic or overly aggressive soundtrack but it’s blend of intricate detail and room filling dynamics make for a first rate home theater experience.

Bonus Features:
  • (HD) *Exclusive* 16 deleted/extended scenes
  • (HD) *Exclusive* Photo Gallery
  • (HD) *Exclusive* Director’s Combat Journal – 17 minute featurette
  • (HD) *Exclusive* Armored Warriors: The real men inside the Shermans – 12 minute featurette
  • (HD) *Exclusive* Taming the beast: How to drive, fire, & shoot inside a 30 ton tank – 12 minute featurette
  • (HD) Blood Brothers – 11 minute featurette
    Digital HD Copy

Final Thoughts:

Written and Directed by David Ayer Fury is a gritty and unflinching war drama that features powerful performances, apt direction and solid production elements. It comes to Blu-ray from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring faithful high definition video, top notch DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound and a decent supplemental package that contains format exclusives. Fury may require more than one viewing to completely digest but I found it to well worth the experience. Give it a spin on Blu-ray.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS4910 3D Ready 1080p High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6 Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV7702 11.2 Channel Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
B&K Reference 200.7 Series 2 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-103D Universal Disc/3D capable Blu-ray Player (With Darbee video processing)
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and In-Ceiling series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SVS PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
SVS PC12-NSD
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package
Phrehdd likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Good review.

My wife is American, I'm not. She said right after we watched a while ago that Americans will not like it, because for once the US soldiers are not the shiny knights and the other guys are the devils per se. A war is dirty. If you watch American movies usually you think that every American soldier fighting, being it in WWII, Vietnam or Iraq or elsewhere, is an angel, who would never do any dirty deeds like raping, stealing etc. The truth is, people become their worst selves when the time asks for it and this movie shows at least parts of that possible evil side.
post #3 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
FURY Best film of last 6 months

Hi Ralph,
Always enjoy reading your reviews.
I also saw "Fury" in the theater and found it to be the best film I've seen in the last 6 months. I see a lot of movies at home and in the theater, and Fury stands out with its great story line and terrific acting. Brad Pitt did a awesome job in his role (glad he didn't try a southern accent) Sorry, it wasn't right in Glorious B.
"Fury" is head and shoulders above most of what hollywood has to offer. It reminds me of some the golden years of tinsel town.
Thanks again
Wayne Bruce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Ralph, as you watched Fury which was shot on film, did you find it to have a more "cinematic" look because it WAS shot on film?
post #5 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbitron View Post
Ralph, as you watched Fury which was shot on film, did you find it to have a more "cinematic" look because it WAS shot on film?
Greetings,

No more so than other Blu-ray encoded releases sourced from film.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #6 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

No more so than other Blu-ray encoded releases sourced from film.

Regards,
Right, and as compared to films shot Digital?
post #7 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Right, and as compared to films shot Digital?
Greetings,

That depends on your definition of "cinematic" Gary. What do you define as looking cinematic?

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #8 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

That depends on your definition of "cinematic" Gary. What do you define as looking cinematic?

Regards,
To me, it's the look of a movie such as Flight of the Phoenix shot on film in Panavision vs the look of Crank, on digital cameras. I guess part of it is going back to a time when movies were film based, widescreen and a look I've always associated with as "I'm at the movies".
ImaStar and CallingMrBenzo like this.
post #9 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by boguspomp View Post
Good review.

My wife is American, I'm not. She said right after we watched a while ago that Americans will not like it, because for once the US soldiers are not the shiny knights and the other guys are the devils per se. A war is dirty. If you watch American movies usually you think that every American soldier fighting, being it in WWII, Vietnam or Iraq or elsewhere, is an angel, who would never do any dirty deeds like raping, stealing etc. The truth is, people become their worst selves when the time asks for it and this movie shows at least parts of that possible evil side.
I agree with your assessment that war often brings out the worst in people, as it also brings out the best (sometimes within moments of each other). I disagree that Americans are so naive to beleive that movies represent an accurate portrait of warfare (or any other subject).

Hollywood is not a representation of America or American's. Hollywood represents Hollywood, nothing more and nothing less.

Ralph, great review as always.
Five28, darthray, GOLFVUE3 and 5 others like this.

post #10 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Thought this was a great film - and one of the best I'd seen in months. Even with Shia Labafoon in it
post #11 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by boguspomp View Post
Good review.

I *sort of* agree with your assessment, but there were drastic differences between how the Americans conducted themselves, at least as far as WW2 was concerned. (in saving private ryan I felt the portrayal was pretty realistic... as was the band of brothers & pacific programs. When Russia invaded Germany they seldom took prisoners & tortured many of the Wermacht soldiers to death. The Russians raped German women as the officers didn't really have a problem with it. I talked to a vet who said he remembers when the 2 fronts met... as they camped at night he heard scores of women being raped.

The Japanese were even worse, they would often cut open pregnant women's wombs and pull out the fetus. I'm pretty certain Americans probably didn't do that, or if they did it was probably isolated incidents unlike the Japanese who basically made it standard procedure during their invasion of Nanking.

One example of American conduct was that the Americans for a long time didn't do night time bombing runs over France & Germany. The British did right from the get go... it was understandable given what Goering did. But American air command didn't want to target civilians if they could avoid it initially... they only did daytime bombing raids for a while, despite it being far more dangerous for the B17 crews.

True the Americans fire bombed a lot of innocents & used the nukes, but I think overall these were calculations made against absolutist aggression... had it been the other way around, I don't think the Germans would have hesitating using Nukes, they did have plans to nuke NYC & DC.
Another thing to keep in mind... I don't think you would have ever had extermination camps within American or UK borders.
post #12 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

* Though American Sniper was definitely right wing propaganda though... that film was very disappointing compared to Eastwood's other heartfelt projects.
post #13 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 PM

Liked: 29
My dad was behind enemy lines in Germany @ 17 years old. He worked with the French Partisans to deliver radios for Patton's fake invasion of Pas de Calais(Operation Body Guard). He was a young American boy who did what he could to support his country. He was up against great evil, the SS and Gestapo. Fifteen minutes after landing via fishing boat to deliver the radios to the partisans, they came across a Jewish family being chased by SS. The SS killed both the parents and were about to kill their ten year old daughter, when the partisans killed the SS, and saved the girl. They felt they had no choice when it came to a child. But, during the war, if you killed SS, there was hell to pay. Eventually, the girl was captured, even through the best efforts of my dad and the partisans to hide her. A double agent gave her up. The SS tortured her to find the partisans, but she did not tell them anything. She (Charlene) died in my dad's arms that night, saying all the time, "I did not tell." In the end, my dad, a peaceful man by any standard, put a hand grenade in the SS Major's pants when they captured him, and in his words, "Blew the bastard all over France." I wrote a book about it, called Code Name Sonny.

My dad died two years ago, miss him a lot!

Ken
ImaStar, Five28, CURX8 and 9 others like this.
post #14 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Basically, what you are doing here is looking at WWII thru 21st Century standards. You have the war weary tank commander played by Pitt and his replacement assistant driver, who is technically a clerk typists, ala Saving Private Ryan. The tank crew act like a bunch of college jocks on spring break and you are suppose to believe that their moral compass is their commander who still manages to put up a brave front even though he is clearly a shell, but can survive 3 separate hits from the worse sniper in the German Army. The main plot of the movie is straight out of the 1943 film Sahara; a solitary American tank crew keeping a company of German soldiers from completing their objective at the cost of their own lives. Of course one thing Humphrey Bogart didn't have was CGI effects, which has pretty red and green tracer fire, like a Star Wars light saber, to tell who is shooting at the other, just in case the viewing audience is too stupid to figure it out on their own. During WWII this type of film was called propaganda fluff and that is pretty much what this one is. I see many are praising this films acting, story telling and the stark realism, but truthfully all this has been done before by others and better. It is a good popcorn movie to see on a rainy weekend afternoon, but do not expect to come away thinking you will gain any insight on any of the characters because it is not that deep. It is your basic shoot and blow crap up film and I do not think it deserves all the praise that is heaped on it and apparently the awards season feels the same.
Aras_Volodka likes this.
post #15 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallus2000 View Post
My dad was behind enemy lines in Germany @ 17 years old. He worked with the French Partisans to deliver radios for Patton's fake invasion of Pas de Calais(Operation Body Guard). He was a young American boy who did what he could to support his country. He was up against great evil, the SS and Gestapo. Fifteen minutes after landing via fishing boat to deliver the radios to the partisans, they came across a Jewish family being chased by SS. The SS killed both the parents and were about to kill their ten year old daughter, when the partisans killed the SS, and saved the girl. They felt they had no choice when it came to a child. But, during the war, if you killed SS, there was hell to pay. Eventually, the girl was captured, even through the best efforts of my dad and the partisans to hide her. A double agent gave her up. The SS tortured her to find the partisans, but she did not tell them anything. She (Charlene) died in my dad's arms that night, saying all the time, "I did not tell." In the end, my dad, a peaceful man by any standard, put a hand grenade in the SS Major's pants when they captured him, and in his words, "Blew the bastard all over France." I wrote a book about it, called Code Name Sonny.

Ken
Wow!

Were the SS off limits due to interrogation or had they struck deals to get SS out of Germany? The guy who told me the story about the Russians had also said his tank crew killed an SS disguised as a businessman.
post #16 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Wow!

Were the SS off limits due to interrogation or had they struck deals to get SS out of Germany? The guy who told me the story about the Russians had also said his tank crew killed an SS disguised as a businessman.
The SS would kill an entire village if they thought you were harboring partisans, or if you even killed one of their soldiers. Here is the prime example of their savagery. http://www.oradour.info/

The SS division my dad faced was the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_SS_...S_Adolf_Hitler

The book is doing well, a couple of directors are interested...my website is www.kenpottie.net
ectrader, Smigro and Aras_Volodka like this.
post #17 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Ken
Book ordered off Amazon! Thank you and your late father for your Service.

post #18 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 07:01 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
Book ordered off Amazon! Thank you and your late father for your Service.
Awesome! thank you....maybe I'll get to play his movie in the movie theater I am designing, thanks to the help of everyone on here :-)
post #19 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The SS would kill an entire village if they thought you were harboring partisans, or if you even killed one of their soldiers. Here is the prime example of their savagery. http://www.oradour.info/

The SS division my dad faced was the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_SS_...S_Adolf_Hitler

The book is doing well, a couple of directors are interested...my website is www.kenpottie.net
Thanks for sharing; we of the baby boomer age can be proud of our dads who served. My father enlisted in the Army Air Corps later to become known as the Air Force. Stationed in North Africa and while no stories about Rommel, he was able to get the planes off the ground and keep things moving. Somehow I have the transmitter from a tank in my basement.
post #20 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing; we of the baby boomer age can be proud of our dads who served. My father enlisted in the Army Air Corps later to become known as the Air Force. Stationed in North Africa and while no stories about Rommel, he was able to get the planes off the ground and keep things moving. Somehow I have the transmitter from a tank in my basement.
You should get that thing working :-)

My father in law flew 30 missions over France/Germany in a B-24 as a radio man. Subject of my 5th book, coming out next year. After the name of his plane, Sugar Baby.
Aras_Volodka likes this.
post #21 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Oh I misunderstood, I thought you had meant Americans weren't allowed to kill SS. I know a lot of the concentration camp guards were able to flee Germany, I'm guessing some forms of bribery were made. There seems to have been a lot of sketchy things going on, the circumstances surrounding Patton's death seem to be very strange.
post #22 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You should get that thing working :-)

My father in law flew 30 missions over France/Germany in a B-24 as a radio man. Subject of my 5th book, coming out next year. After the name of his plane, Sugar Baby.
Lots of stories to share, have you come across manuals on radar stamped Classified from 1941? ssshhhh.
post #23 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked: 3057
I am going to buy this movie from day one

A good action flick, an actually base on a Canadian tank named something else (yes, crew name their tank).
A tank and it's crew that made it from D day to Berlin.

I do not pay attention if it is accurate or not, it is Hollywood.
I am an ex-serviceman, but a movie is what it is, a movie.
Meant to be enjoyed in one way or the other

Thanks Ralph, for another great review

Just wish the picture would have use the latest technologies.

Ray
yadfgp likes this.
post #24 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post

A good action flick, an actually base on a Canadian tank named something else (yes, crew name their tank).

Ray
My thoughts exactly...
darthray and Matt2026 like this.

post #25 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Ditto...

Ray
Ditto. I am a Desert Storm vet....it's a movie damn it!
Five28, darthray and Matt2026 like this.
post #26 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
Here is the prime example of their savagery. http://www.oradour.info/
I went there when my wife and I went to France. The Normandy region was on our list of places to visit. Oradour-sur-glane was a real eye opener and has been, from what I know, untouched since the unfortunate incident. There really aren't any words to say after you visit a place like that, but a genuine heartfelt gratitude for those who gave their lives for us.
Five28 and darthray like this.
post #27 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Did not see it in the theater so looking forward next week. Wonder if it will have the emotional wallop that I experienced with Saving Private Ryan. What happened to Tom Hanks at the end; never cried like that before watching a movie.
post #28 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Liked: 1132
Yeah it's a movie all right it's just not very compelling.
post #29 of 133 Old 01-19-2015, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I enjoyed this movie on VUDU and SQ was great from start to finish, especially the bass. Has anyone ever compared VUDU's DD+ to a lossless soundtrack on blu ray? The quality of sound was great and just wondering if a blu ray purchase is worth the Lossless upgrade?
post #30 of 133 Old 01-20-2015, 01:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Thanks for the review Ralph!

Not a history lesson by any means, but I saw this at the theatre and totally enjoyed it. I found it to be very engaging. I would give it a 4.
Ralph Potts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
frontpage

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page