Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn
I didn't need a NASA scientist to see the flaws with Gravity on the realistic front. While Interstellar certainly has some plot holes in it, at least the science regarding worm holes and black holes is accurate.
No. The worm holes and black holes in Interstellar are based on THEORY. Theories that not everyone in the scientific community can even agree on. The best they can do is prove it with mathematics. A black hole has never been observed, neither has the existance of worm holes. There have been thousands of theories that were proven by mathematics but years latter were disproven by real world observation.
Give me an example of what was fake about Gravity that a common person would notice?
The link you previously posted about the inaccuracies of Gravity were very scientific and only people deep into NASA would actually know those things.
1. Debris was too big. But that was answered because the event happenned AFTER
2. Cloony's Jetpack is no longer used today. Big deal. No one cares. And no one would know except NASA
3. Cloony's Superman move would use too much propellant. Really? You really think the average movie watcher would know this or care?
4. Getting from Hubble to ISS. Not possible with their current orbits. But guess what? Do average people know that? HELL NO. And who says they didn't change the orbits in the movie?
5. Suit abuse. Suit would be destroyed in real life. Really? Really? Who cares. And who knows this? Making a super strong suit is alot easier than making a ship that go through a worm hole.
To the average viewer Gravity was very realistic.