SPHE Expands The Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series Line on October 27th - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #1 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1698 Post(s)
Liked: 6217
SPHE Expands The Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series Line on October 27th

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment expands the Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series line with two films by visionary director Luc Besson

The Fifth Element & Leon: The Professional on Blu-ray October 27, 2015

Collectible Editions showcase 4K restorations, Dolby Atmos audio upgrades & feature a Limited Edition acrylic “cClear Case” with 24 page behind-the-scenes booklets

CULVER CITY, Calif. (Aug. 10, 2015) – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) expands the Supreme Cinema Series line with the addition of two classics from visionary director Luc Besson when THE FIFTH ELEMENT and LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL debut Oct. 27 on Blu-ray™. Each film will feature the first-of-its-kind, limited edition collector’s packaging with the acrylic “Clear Case.” This limited edition sku includes a 24-page booklet of rare photos and behind-the-scenes detail that will only be available while supplies last.

The Supreme Cinema Series and standalone editions of THE FIFTH ELEMENT and LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL are presented with an all-new 4K restorations and exclusive Dolby Atmos® Audio. The new Dolby Atmos audio, remixed specifically for the home theater environment, delivers captivating sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead.

The SPHE Supreme Cinema Series banner launches with the release of Bram Stoker’s Dracula on Oct. 6. The Supreme Cinema Series is a premium, limited edition collection befitting beloved cinematic favorites and modern classics. Each film is presented with pristine high definition picture, enhanced sound and a collection of new and/or archival special features, creating an ultimate edition for first-time viewers and fans alike. Complete with unique packaging, the Supreme Cinema Series is the optimal way to celebrate these unforgettable cinematic experiences.

Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series Skus for Each Film Includes:
  • High-end Clear Case package
  • 24 pages of rare photos and behind-the-scenes info

THE FIFTH ELEMENT Synopsis:

New York cab driver Korben Dallas didn’t mean to be a hero, but he just picked up the kind of fare that only comes along every five thousand years: A perfect beauty, a perfect being, a perfect weapon. Together, they must save the world. Bruce Willis, Milla Jovovich, and Gary Oldman star in acclaimed director Luc Besson’s outrageous sci-fi adventure, an extravagantly styled tale of good against evil set in an unbelievable twenty-third century world. Now fully remastered in 4K, experience this dynamic action favorite like never before.

THE FIFTH ELEMENT has a run time of approximately 126 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense sci-fi violence, some sexuality and brief nudity.

THE FIFTH ELEMENT Bonus Features Include (for both skus):
  • 4K Restoration & Dolby Atmos® Audio (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)*
  • Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes Available on Blu-ray for the First Time:
  1. “The Visual Element”
  2. “The Digital Element”
  3. “The Star Element”
  4. “The Alien Element”
  5. “The Fashion Element”
  6. “The Diva”
  7. “Imagining The Fifth Element”
  8. “The Elements of Style”

LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL Synopsis:

Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, Natalie Portman and Danny Aiello star in LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL, a go-for-broke thriller about a professional assassin whose work becomes dangerously personal. Calling himself a “cleaner,” the mysterious Léon is New York’s top hitman. When his next-door neighbors are murdered, Léon becomes the unwilling guardian of the family’s sole survivor - 12-year-old Mathilda. But Mathilda doesn’t just want protection; she wants revenge. Training her in the deadly tricks of his trade, Léon helps her track the psychotic agent who murdered her family. From the electrifying opening to the fatal finale, LÉON THE PROFESSIONAL is a nonstop crescendo of action and suspense. Experience both the U.S. theatrical and international versions of this beloved action masterpiece, now fully remastered in 4K.

The theatrical version of LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL has a run time of approximately 110 minutes, while the extended version has a run time of approximately 133 minutes. The theatrical version is rated R for scenes of strong graphic violence, and for language. Clear Case packaging produced by Multi Packaging Solutions.

LÉON: THE PROFESSIONAL Bonus Features Include (for both skus):
  • 4K Restoration & Dolby Atmos® Audio (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)*
  • Both the theatrical and extended versions of the film (both remastered in 4K & with Dolby Atmos)
  • Featurettes:
  • “Cast and Crew Look Back”
  • “Jean Reno: The Road to Léon”
  • “Natalie Portman: Starting Young”
  • Original Theatrical Trailer

*To experience Dolby Atmos at home, Dolby Atmos enabled AV receivers and additional speakers are required; however, Dolby Atmos soundtracks are fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Probably have to buy the Fifth Element for the 7.1 audio track and the video remaster. What a great film.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable. I've never seen Titanic OR XXXXXXXXX. Alexa is a stripper name.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #3 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1698 Post(s)
Liked: 6217
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post
Probably have to buy the Fifth Element for the 7.1 audio track and the video remaster. What a great film.
Greetings,

It's among my personal favorites. I agree and look forward to the experience in Dolby Atmos..

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

It's among my personal favorites. I agree and look forward to the experience in Dolby Atmos..

Regards,
I should also probably try to track down a VHS copy, since I've already owned it on Laserdisc, DVD. two different versions on Blu-ray, and coming soon Blu-ray version 3.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable. I've never seen Titanic OR XXXXXXXXX. Alexa is a stripper name.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #5 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I can wait to see both in 4k on UHDBR hopefully this Year !
post #6 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Definitely going to pick up the fifth element. Can't wait.
audiofan1 likes this.

Nabs17
post #7 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Damn, I was not buying into this SPHE marketing, but Fifth Element is a great visual and sound movie so this one is tempting if priced right.

LG 65C7P (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #8 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Definitely going to pick up the fifth element. Can't wait.
That's exactly what the studio is counting on. Buy the movie twice: now in 1080p with "remastered in 4K" nonsense, and a year later when it comes out in actual 4K. Enjoy being conned and being charged twice for one product.
Chris Dotur and cctvtech like this.
post #9 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebEffect View Post
That's exactly what the studio is counting on. Buy the movie twice: now in 1080p with "remastered in 4K" nonsense, and a year later when it comes out in actual 4K. Enjoy being conned and being charged twice for one product.
Ask me how many different copies of Star Wars I have.

Nabs17
post #10 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Talking

Awesome more atmos, bring it on!!!
post #11 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have literally bought the Fifth Element on blu ray three times already! The first was the original blu ray that had horrible video. The second was the steel book from best buy that also had the bad transfer, and finally the remastered version. Now I have to buy it again for the forth time!
post #12 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I'll probably wait until real 4K is available for some movies. I too have multiple copies of things (even the original faces 'Star Wars' on LD - have two LD players still but have not played a disc in years).
post #13 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 297
I'll wait for the 4K version. I don't want to buy the same movie more than once every couple years...
post #14 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebEffect View Post
I agree but on the other hand, I would rather have a couple copies then not have the studio release a better copy. I know they should do the best they can the first time but I want them to see the value in releasing classic movies like this.

I do not want to live in a world were Starwars never gets remastered in 4K HDR Rec 2020 because disc media in dead.
post #15 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 848
I have no interest in 4K yet and I'm all about Atmos right now... so I'm sold on both of these. No need for the collector's packaging though, so I'll wait to see what the price for the standard SKUs are. The standard SKU for Dracula with Atmos is down around $15 right now, so if these come out near that price point, I'm all over that.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #16 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I cant wait... The Fifth Element is my all time number one favorite movie ^_^

I have it on almost every format, PSP, VHS, Laser Disc, DVD, Bluray, Digital... I have almost the entire primary cast autographs just need a couple more and I have the entire Funko Pop Set on Pre-Order (Birthday gift from my awesome friends)

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" 16:9 Screen AVR: Marantz SR6011 ATMOS/DTSX + Unity 2ch Amp + Darbee 5000s Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), FXiA6 (SL/SR), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR), TSx110B (Ceiling FL/FR RL/RR) LFE: (2) JL Audio 12" Subs + (2) Dayton 15" Subs + (2) ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 7.1.4 Source: OPPO UDP-203 4k Bluray Player, HTPC, nVidia Shield TV Pro, Hauppauge OTA DVR

Last edited by Daniel Chaves; 08-11-2015 at 02:35 PM.
post #17 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
I do not want to live in a world were Star Wars never gets remastered in 4K HDR Rec 2020 because disc media in dead.
I am still waiting to find a world where I can purchase blu ray copies of the three original Star Wars movies as they were released theatrically. Han shot first!!!

But to stay on subject I will likely buy both of these titles. I never have purchased a blu ray copy of The Fifth Element. How many times has that movie been released on BR anyways? The first announcement about Dracula did not interest me, but these two titles will remove some money from my bank account.

Is SPHE only releasing movies in this "Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series" special edition that star Gary Oldman?

Packing a lot of sound into a small room.
268 square feet/2144 cubic feet
7.2 surround sound.
post #18 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Damn, two of my all time favorites. We watch these at least once a year. First Dracula and now these? I guess I have to put some money aside for these movies. Great news.
post #19 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 515
First day pickups for me. Damn, I dont care if Sony gets out of the tv manufactureing buisness as long as they keep making great films to put on Blu ray. Great news indeed.
post #20 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
remixed specifically for the home theater environment.
Thanks for confirming this part Ralph, appreciate it.
post #21 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 1548
Fifth Element ... of course, it was the DVD poster movie playing all the time, then HD poster movie also.
Makes sense, and yes I'll be in line for my copy also, like nearly everyone else who's posted here so far....
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #22 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Quoted: 7356 Post(s)
Liked: 6422
Quote:
Originally Posted by They_call_me_Roto View Post
Is SPHE only releasing movies in this "Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series" special edition that star Gary Oldman?
Nice catch. I'd forgotten that all three movies have Oldman in common.

Sanjay
post #23 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 257
The real question: did they finally fix that dang green trapezoid around the ship launching off of earth? I love this movie, have bought it three times now, but that stupid green trapezoid ticks me off every time. So lazy...

(I'll wait for the uhd-bd since I've already bought it twice on BD)
post #24 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3562
So after all, some movie studios aren't waiting for UHD Blu-ray to release some Dolby Atmos Blu-ray titles. ...Sony is now joining Lionsgate Films, Paramount, Warner Bros and Universal studios with few Atmos titles before UHD comes to town.

It's going to be fun and interesting to compare those few 4K-Remastered flicks on Blu-ray 2K (1080p: 1920x1080) with the real UHD 4K flicks on UHD Blu-ray discs (2160p: 4096x2160)...eventually.
Daniel Chaves likes this.
post #25 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 625
My first reaction to The Fifth Element being remixed into Dolby Atmos was very positive but in hindsight I overlooked a horrible consequence of this situation.

Ruby Rhod. In immersive audio, that obnoxious shrill voice not only surrounding the listener but onslaughting the senses from above as well. Truly disturbing times we live in.

There are several other titles I would look Sony to give this treatment to such as: Hellboy, Starship Troopers, Underworld, and Krull!!!

Hopefully both TFE and Leon look and sound fantastic.

Best regards,
KvE

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shoveling it.
post #26 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2356 Post(s)
Liked: 2957
Looks like a triple dip for me love me some Atmos and eye candy
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #27 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 2152
Not going to lie, I picked up the Fifth Element on BD (first time) a few weeks ago, and I am going to get this version as well!
Daniel Chaves likes this.
post #28 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Not gonna do it this time! I ended up replacing most of the DVD's (of movies I like) I had with Blu-rays. It was worth it for Blu-Ray in most cases. I cant see any movie over say 5 years old being any better in UHD, eve with a 10 foot wide screen to view it. I'll end up keeping all my blu-ray movies and buying new ones on UHD.

On that note, most of my DVD's that I bought 15+ years ago have degraded to the point that I cant watch the movie any longer, they just skip. This is media degradation, these DVD'd at most have only been watched a handful of times and kept in protected environments with no scratch's and blemishes. I sure hope on of the selling points of blu-ray help out here (protective layers).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #29 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked: 6519
I will most definitely be picking up the The Fifth Element. i wonder how the 4k remaster will look compared to the remastered version.
post #30 of 99 Old 08-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 115
No one mentioned the Superbit version. I bought it on closeout. Am I the only one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
frontpage

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page