The Fifth Element Blu-ray Review - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 111Likes

post #121 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 01:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 207
So let me get this straight...The 14.99 version is the same as the plexiglass version? (which I heard horrible reviews about on the plexi-case)...In 'any case', I'll buy this right NOW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 1708 Post(s)
Liked: 6264
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
So let me get this straight...The 14.99 version is the same as the plexiglass version? (which I heard horrible reviews about on the plexi-case)...In 'any case', I'll buy this right NOW!
Greetings,

You understand correctly KBMAN..

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
post #123 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Sorry guys. 100 score for video is just wrong. At least if the screenshots I've seen from the Sony 4K Blu-Ray are legit, it seems you guys missed very obvious edge enhancement:

Sony 4K:
http://i1.someimage.com/3sYipMF.png

JP re-release:
http://postimg.org/image/r0xy7ubc7/full/

Look at the grill on the left side of the image. It has very clearly visible and very distracting edge enhancement in Sony's 4K encoding, while it's totally EE free in the Japan Blu-Ray re-release. Both the Nordic and Japan re-releases are based on a 4K master, too, but they have zero edge enhancement, which makes them look much more natural. Sure, no edge enhancement also means they're a bit softer, but I'll take that every day of the week.

Unfortunately the Nordic and JP releases have overblown highlights, and very funky colors (although the funky colors actually match the movie style, so that may be intentional, I don't know), so they're far from perfect, either. I had really hoped that Sony would release an optimum transfer here. But they utterly failed, adding very ugly edge enhancement on an otherwise pretty nice scan.

I don't have the Sony 4K Blu-Ray, so I can only judge from the screenshots I've seen. But in my experience the source of my screenshots is quite reliable. Maybe you guys can double check, just to be extra safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

I have nothing personal against the use of screenshots however I much prefer to judge image quality by viewing the video myself. Post back once you have had the opportunity to see this release.

Regards,
Quote:
That's a valid argument - *if* your eyes are trained to detect all important deficiencies by simply viewing the video.

Different people are sensitive to different kinds of artifacts/problems. For some people EE sticks out like a sore thumb, while others might not notice it at all when simply watching a movie. The same is true for banding, noise, weird coloring and other stuff. Judging image quality objectively while simply watching a movie is not easy, because most people (including myself) are not sensitive to all image quality problems to the same degree. A more scientific approach would be to look out for potential problems in screenshots, and then to double check whether any such potential issues are visible in motion, too. Doing that is time consuming, though, so I understand only few reviewers do that.

In this case I've found a potential issue in the linked screenshots. Now you have the choice to either totally ignore this. Or you can double check (runtime 0:27:30) whether the issue is visible in motion for you, too. Should only cost you 2 minutes of your time and no money at all.

That's a clever argument if you want to shut me up, because I'm not going to spend money on a Blu-Ray which appears to be inferior to the release I already have.

Have you seen the Japan (or Nordic or UK) release? Those are all EE free, based on a 4K master and look *very* natural in real time movie watching (apart from the blown out highlights, sadly).
Quote:
Greetings,

I would be very happy to check the time stamp you have included and will report back. I agree that issues like edge enhancement can be more problematic for some than others and wasn't suggesting anything to the contrary.

I wasn't trying to "shut you up" at all but was simply offering my approach and looking for feedback from you after you've viewed the disc. If you've made a decision not to purchase based upon what you've seen in the screenshots that is of course your prerogative.

As for the Japanese release, no, I haven't seen it. If it's all that you say than I would imagine that it should suit your preferences perfectly.

Regards,

Greetings,

I spent some time last night looking at the sequence referenced above. Tried as I might I didn't see any problems with it. That's not to suggest that there may or may not be slight edge enhancement applied but if it's there I don't see it.

Regards,
madshi, bguzman and Andreas21 like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 362
watched this version last night... the new master is amazingly good. the color subtly and dynamic range is really impressive even though I am still watching it on 1080 plasma.

worth every penny and I can not wait to buy more of these releases.
Ralph Potts likes this.

My Name is Nobody...
Klipsch x11i - Klipsch x20i - Oppo HA2
Pioneer SC85 - Bel Canto REF 500M
Klipsch La Scala II - Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio - Klipsch RC64II - SW-115
Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse - OPPO BDP-93
Samsung PN64D8000
post #125 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 592 Post(s)
Quoted: 2775 Post(s)
Liked: 3951
Quote:
I spent some time last night looking at the sequence referenced above. Tried as I might I didn't see any problems with it. That's not to suggest that there may or may not be slight edge enhancement applied but if it's there I don't see it.
Thank you for spending the time, I appreciate it.

So this leaves three possible conclusions:

1) Either the screenshots are incorrect.
2) Or the issue for some reason is only visible in screenshots, but not in motion.
3) Or your eyes/brain are generally not bothered much by edge enhancement (unless it's extreme, maybe).

My best guess is that it's a mixture of 2) and 3), meaning that in motion it might be a bit less distracting than in screenshots, and that you might be less sensitive to edge enhancement compared to some (maybe only few, I don't know) other users.

I guess the conclusion is that most users probably are not bothered by the amount of edge enhancement used for this release, so studios will probably continue to apply it, even on nice and clean 4K masters, even though it does add certain artifacts. This is kind of frustrating to me, because basically you could achieve the same image quality by leaving the master unsharpened, and then simply turning the sharpness control in your display higher. Actually, some real time processing algos (like the Darbee) do sharpening in a better quality than the algo Sony seems to have used here. <sigh>

Anyway, I suppose it's time to leave the users in this thread to their happy dance. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, right?
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #126 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 631
I'm super stoked about this one. One of my all time fav's. This will be my 6th dip on this one. I've owned the VHS, DVD, Superbit, Blu Ray, Remastered BR, and now this one. I think I should get a free 5th Element T shirt at least, lol.
Ralph Potts likes this.

The purpose of listening shouldn't be to respond as much as it should be to understand.
post #127 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Ordered this now, god I hope I'm getting the right one.
At least the ASIN matches but you can never really know with amazon resellers.

Another question is this region A locked or multi region compatible?

Always ways around that but havent unlocked my oppo yet
post #128 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post
watched this version last night... the new master is amazingly good. the color subtly and dynamic range is really impressive even though I am still watching it on 1080 plasma.

worth every penny and I can not wait to buy more of these releases.
That, is very good news to read...as I too have only a 1080p plasma TV.

But don't buy too many of them...there are three now from Sony...with Atmos...and UHD Blu-ray is just around the corner...the next phase up in quality picture. Then we'll have to upgrade our old TVs for newer ones (true 4K) and also our old BR players for newer ones (true 4K), and also our old pre/pros and receivers for newer ones (with true HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2), and perhaps some new HDMI cables too.

* In January 2016, when we visit Ralph's new Blu-ray movie reviews in true 4K (UHD) it'll be a brand new world...and it's us who will be deciding on the ultimate faith of UHD Blu-rays going forward...with the movie studio's own pricing and all that transfer jazz.
Will it be a success for the masses, or just a niche market, or a fiasco...only tomorrow knows for sure with all the main players involved...all of us together and all the streaming and downloading movie companies/outfits...like Netflix and Vudu just to name two. ...And the future of (((3D))) of course.

'The Fifth Element' would be real cool to be remastered in 1080p (((3D))) ... can you simply imagine!
But...that'll be the day! ...Leeloo and multipass in 3D...just wow! ...Plus Gary selling his new gun toy...all in 3D.
Seriously, this flick is crying for a 3D mastering (quality conversion) ...just like they did with 'Jurassic Park'.

Leon and Dracula ... are fine in 2D ... no need for 3D here ... but 'The Fifth Element' ... definitely, oh yeah!

And please, save some bucks...don't go for that transparent plastic case with that small booklet inside and with the pictures upside down and the booklet binders breaking off...Sony is after your wallet and their strategy is aimed @ the people who simply don't know about it and have money to give to them.
Instead get the simple one with the blue case and without that booklet from hell. It is much cheaper and it's the exact same disc...and by Christmas it'll be less than ten bucks.

So next year when we'll buy 'The Fifth Element' in true UHD/4K we'd have only spent $15 or less before we'll spend another $35-40.

The times they are a changin' ... and with it Sony is taking advantage. ...Of course, it's Sony after all. ...They are simply giving us a taste of what's to come...what to expect...checking the playing field and see if we are going to bite the bait.

I'll be keeping a close eye on my TV screen...
arftech likes this.
post #129 of 197 Old 10-31-2015, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Just finished watching the movie. It is great! I have seen several versions of it (dvd, 2versions of bluray). Picture quality is really the best out there relative to other versions. Don't expect a huge improvement compared to the previous blu ray version. However, the new atmos sound mix is fantastic. It was a great upgrade. Can't wait to watch Leo the Professional.
BS dracula has a great sound mix as well.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Chris. My DVD UHD Blu Ray and Blu Ray collection jvc dla-rs2000, ST 130 (144") cinemascope screen, Carada Masquerade CIH masking system, B&W 803D2s mains, B&W HTM2D2 center channel, B&W 805D2 surrounds, B&W CCMM682s in-ceiling speakers (4), B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem AVM 60 processor, Parasound Halo A51+(2xA21)+(2xA23) amps, Panasonic UB820 player, Roku Ultra, vertex, and Harmony Elite remote.
post #130 of 197 Old 11-01-2015, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 View Post
Just finished watching the movie. It is great! I have seen several versions of it (dvd, 2versions of bluray). Picture quality is really the best out there relative to other versions. Don't expect a huge improvement compared to the previous blu ray version. However, the new atmos sound mix is fantastic. It was a great upgrade. Can't wait to watch Leo the Professional.
BS dracula has a great sound mix as well.
Wow what a great job with the atmos mix on this,talk about breathing new life into a old favorite!!! Like most have seen many times but with the atmos mix it's a new experience. Keep the atmos mixes coming! Thanks Jim
post #131 of 197 Old 11-01-2015, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Picked it up today from Target, currently watching. This a drastic improvement in sound and picture over the steelbook version i have. I do wish i had atmos
post #132 of 197 Old 11-01-2015, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2337 Post(s)
Liked: 3456
I don't normally rebuy new version.

Like you Ralph, this one is a favorite of mine, and must see at least every two years
Due to the better picture and sound, I must make an exception.

This will give me an excuse to watch it again in the next few weeks, once I catch-up to the four newly acquired ones, since the renovation are now done

Ray
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #133 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
I don't normally rebuy new version.

Like you Ralph, this one is a favorite of mine, and must see at least every two years
Due to the better picture and sound, I must make an exception.

This will give me an excuse to watch it again in the next few weeks, once I catch-up to the four newly acquired ones, since the renovation are now done

Ray
Greetings,

Looking forward to your thoughts Ray..!

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #134 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Great review Ralph and another addition to our small Blu-ray library to use as a very good example of what a very good Blu-ray should look and sound like.

We first saw The Fifth Element in late 2001, on a Sony Superbit DVD while drooling over a $9k plazma display at a highend stereo shop in Arlington, VA, thinking about upgrading our trusty Trinitron as a Christmas present for our selves. Not possible, but that visit to this store and the demo using that DVD always stuck in our minds.

We've since upgraded to a 50-inch Samsung, an Oppo 105 and an Onkyo 5.1 receiver, all of which has served us well. The new Blu-ray of The Fifth Element, in spite of our limited 5.1 receiver, is still a knock-your-sox off disc, with stunning video quality and wonderfully mixed audio even on our lowly 5.1 system. Certainly an impressive addition to our small 'demo' collection of truly great Blu-ray discs.

Thank you for your review of this Blu-ray,

-Rod
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #135 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 4103 Post(s)
Liked: 7213
Finally had a chance to watch this last night. It is definitely the best I've seen the movie look on home video but I still see some issues. I noticed several times throughout the movie when the image quality takes a pretty big drop for a few minutes only to go back to looking great again. I would expect this in scenes with some kind of text appearing (the opening is a great example) but the scenes I saw were pretty random. It's almost like they had to use a different transfer for specific sequences. What's even more baffling is these weren't effects heavy sequences. I saw it several times throughout the film, but each instance only lasted a short time so it wasn't overly distracting. I may have to do some more comparisons and see if I see the same issue with the older version or the Gaumunt version (I own both). The Atmos soundtrack sounded fantastic and really opened the soundstage up. Worth a purchase for that alone if you have an Atmos capable setup.
Ralph Potts likes this.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #136 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 592 Post(s)
Quoted: 2775 Post(s)
Liked: 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
I may have to do some more comparisons and see if I see the same issue with the older version or the Gaumunt version (I own both).
When saying "Gaumont version" you mean the Nordic, UK or Japan release with the funky colors and overblown highlights? Would be quite interesting to your hear impressions about how that Gaumont version compares to this new Sony version.
post #137 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 4103 Post(s)
Liked: 7213
Quote:
When saying "Gaumont version" you mean the Nordic, UK or Japan release with the funky colors and overblown highlights? Would be quite interesting to your hear impressions about how that Gaumont version compares to this new Sony version.
I have the UK steelbook.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #138 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpaine View Post
Great review Ralph and another addition to our small Blu-ray library to use as a very good example of what a very good Blu-ray should look and sound like.

We first saw The Fifth Element in late 2001, on a Sony Superbit DVD while drooling over a $9k plazma display at a highend stereo shop in Arlington, VA, thinking about upgrading our trusty Trinitron as a Christmas present for our selves. Not possible, but that visit to this store and the demo using that DVD always stuck in our minds.

We've since upgraded to a 50-inch Samsung, an Oppo 105 and an Onkyo 5.1 receiver, all of which has served us well. The new Blu-ray of The Fifth Element, in spite of our limited 5.1 receiver, is still a knock-your-sox off disc, with stunning video quality and wonderfully mixed audio even on our lowly 5.1 system. Certainly an impressive addition to our small 'demo' collection of truly great Blu-ray discs.

Thank you for your review of this Blu-ray,

-Rod
Would that high end audio store be the now defunct Myer Emco?

Al

Oppo UDP-203, Anthem AVM50V 3D, Proceed Amp 3, B&K ST-125.2, Cary Audio 306/200, Apple TV 4K, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Mk2 W Bridge2, Audeze LCD-2 F 2016, Mac Mini-Tidal HiFi/Roon, Apple iPad Pro/Roon Remote, Sony XBR65X930C, Sonus faber Luito Towers, Sonus faber Luito Monitors, Sonus faber Smart Center Channel, REL T2, Sony SWF-BR100W Wireless Subwoofer for 930C
post #139 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1134
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
Well, I'll obviously have to stand corrected. I had followed virtually all of the related on-line articles leading up to the new release of "The Fifth Element" (including on the Dolby.com site) and they all indicated that Atmos would only be part of the Supreme Cinema Series. I never found any indication that the less expensive same day release (as pictured above) would also have Atmos, as it was never branded that way.

Well crap. I did the exact same thing and am less than thrilled with the plexiglass case. I just wanted the movie, not all of the extra fluff.

Oh well. To your last point...

Quote:
I would have loved to have saved the extra $10+, but it won't be the last time I'll waste my money in my AV pursuits........

Ralph Potts likes this.

The Seth-o-Plex 2.0 Build Thread - featuring Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9.4.4 & 4K Dolby Vision!
Vizio | Dual Denon Atmos AVRs | Oppo | SVS | Mirage | Onkyo | Monoprice
post #140 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post
Would that high end audio store be the now defunct Myer Emco?

Al
Yes, I believe it was Myer Emco. We live some 50 miles west of that area so we don't get to that area much at all, so didn't know they went out of business. They certainly had an 'attitude', as I remember them suggesting that if I didn't have a plasma display, I would simply be wasting my time and money on anything else. My primary dealer was Professional Products in Bethesda, MD, as one of its owners (the late Carter Kaufmann, a truly great guy) was also in business with me involved in video tape duplication services.

-Rod
arftech likes this.
post #141 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
For both Fifth Element and Leon the Professional, the PS4 will only output standard Dolby Digital. (Both the PS4 info menu and the receiver register this.) I don't have an Atmos receiver, but the other Atmos (and standard TrueHD) discs I have bit-stream TrueHD as expected on the PS4. The only other blu-ray player I have is the PS3, and that bit-streams the TrueHD (and I assume that includes the Atmos metadata) without issue on Fifth Element and Leon.

Has anyone else seen this?
post #142 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3563
Quote:
1. Well, I'll obviously have to stand corrected. I had followed virtually all of the related on-line articles leading up to the new release of "The Fifth Element" (including on the Dolby.com site) and they all indicated that Atmos would only be part of the Supreme Cinema Series. I never found any indication that the less expensive same day release (as pictured above) would also have Atmos, as it was never branded that way.

2. I would have loved to have saved the extra $10+, but it won't be the last time I'll waste my money in my AV pursuits........
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
1. Well crap. I did the exact same thing and am less than thrill with the plexiglass case. I just wanted the movie, not all of the extra fluff.

Oh well. 2. To your last point...

Lol ...Best humor post I've read today.
jashotwe1 likes this.
post #143 of 197 Old 11-02-2015, 11:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 1110
Got the new clear edition today, watched it tonight,
A marvelously enveloping ATMOS experience.
The "DIVA" performance, the spaciousness and use of the size of the hall, and reverb, almost enough to make somebody an opera fan.

In the extras, the full uninterrupted Diva performance sounds almost no less wonderful in DSU.

This "hobby" needs more product, mixing like this one . .

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
post #144 of 197 Old 11-04-2015, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
I'm super stoked about this one. One of my all time fav's. This will be my 6th dip on this one. I've owned the VHS, DVD, Superbit, Blu Ray, Remastered BR, and now this one. I think I should get a free 5th Element T shirt at least, lol.
Yeah, we sure 'did our time' with this one...wheres my T-Shirt! Yes, 6th dip for me also which doesnt include the Guamont Release that looked terrible...FINALLY this looks and sounds like a $300 movie now (about how much ive put into the previous 6 or 7 elements lol)....search is over...
post #145 of 197 Old 11-04-2015, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Cant find anything about a UK version/release for this Atmos version?
I only have a region B player
post #146 of 197 Old 11-04-2015, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I need to buy this. Saw it in the theater when it was released, I have an old copy, but love this film!
post #147 of 197 Old 11-07-2015, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronMK View Post
For both Fifth Element and Leon the Professional, the PS4 will only output standard Dolby Digital. (Both the PS4 info menu and the receiver register this.) I don't have an Atmos receiver, but the other Atmos (and standard TrueHD) discs I have bit-stream TrueHD as expected on the PS4. The only other blu-ray player I have is the PS3, and that bit-streams the TrueHD (and I assume that includes the Atmos metadata) without issue on Fifth Element and Leon.

Has anyone else seen this?
That is very interesting...Another reason to not buy the PS4...(I got one of the last Gen2 PS3 Slims just recently BNIB, as a backup).....AND YES, both my PS3's are streaming Dolby ATMOS to my Marantz which is saying 'Dolby ATMOS'....
AaronMK likes this.
post #148 of 197 Old 11-17-2015, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 3481 Post(s)
Liked: 4202
I watched this last night for the first time. I have never seen any of the other versions but the picture quality was stunning for its age. The Atmos mix was very good but I found the LFE a bit flat. I must say that I didn't enjoy the movie itself. My wife loved and had seen it before. I guess it isn't my type of humor.

Theater Room: JBL M2 (3), JBL 708 (4), JBL 705 (4), Lexicon MC-10, 24" DSS subs (2), Dual 18" DIY subs (2), Sony VPL-HW55ES, 127" Seymour 16:9, Oppo

Living Room: Revel 228be, Onkyo TX-RZ1100, Cambridge CXN (v2), cheapo TCL TV.
post #149 of 197 Old 11-18-2015, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1214
Some factoids for those who didn't watch a bit of the extras. The Diva was Luc's girlfriend at the time. She originally had no interest in being in the movie and said no when Luc asked her to do it. She was also pissed off that Luc interspersed her singing with the fight scene. All those in the audience where never shown the Blue Diva in costume until she stepped on the stage. Luc wanted to get their natural reaction.
On another note, I also felt the bass was a bit weak compared to some previous discs of the movie I have seen. I am going to put the disc back up on Amazon and resell it. Not a keeper for me.
post #150 of 197 Old 11-18-2015, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Greetings,

Andreas21 is correct...

Regards,
With 4K so close and it being one of my all time favorites, I think I'll wait. I think I can, I hope I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
dolby atmos ~ 92 , dolby truehd 7.1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page