Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Ultra HD Blu-ray Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes
  • 5 Post By Ralph Potts
  • 2 Post By rboster
  • 1 Post By Daniel Chaves
  • 2 Post By Woobieizer
  • 1 Post By Blacklightning
  • 1 Post By Lethean
  • 1 Post By thehun
  • 1 Post By Daniel Chaves
  • 2 Post By mars5l
  • 1 Post By audiofan1
  • 1 Post By Ralph Potts
  • 1 Post By ArieS1204
  • 1 Post By ArieS1204

post #1 of 24 Old 05-30-2016, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked: 5850
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Ultra HD Blu-ray Review

Based on the best-selling novel by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen, this reimagining of the classic tale, tells of the Bennett sisters and Mr. Darcy, who must unite to fight a zombie outbreak that has taken over 19th century England.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/UHD Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Sony Pictures - 2016
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Feature running time: 107 minutes
Genre: Action/Horror

Disc Format: BD-66
Encoding: HEVC
Video Aspect: 2.40:1
Resolution: 2160p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible), English/Portuguese DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio (Blu-ray) Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, English SDH, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
Starring: Lily James, Sam Riley, Jack Huston, Bella Heathcote, Douglas Booth, Matt Smith, Lena Heady
Written & Directed by: Burr Steers
Music by: Fernando Velazquez
Region Code: A,B,C

Blu-ray Disc release Date: May 31, 2016

"Slay with Pride. Kill with Prejudice"

My Take:

A zombie outbreak has fallen upon the land in this reimagining of Jane Austen’s classic tale of the tangled relationships between lovers from different social classes in 19th century England. Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet (Lily James) is a master of martial arts and weaponry and the handsome Mr. Darcy (Sam Riley) is a fierce zombie killer, yet the epitome of upper class prejudice. As the zombie outbreak intensifies, they must swallow their pride and join forces on the blood-soaked battlefield in order to conquer the undead once and for all.

I haven't read the novel, or any Jane Austen novel for that matter, but the trailer for this one left me with a nagging desire to see what it was all about. I really enjoyed it from a conceptual standpoint and loved the satirical spin and balance between action and zombie horror. Truth be told, it's not an especially good movie, narratively speaking, but then again its primary strength is that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. I could go on about its inability to be truly faithful to either of its purported genres, or its lack of character design, but I would rather just say that silly, overreaching, inconsequential or not, I had a good time with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's on the forgettable side but provides a mildly entertaining bit of escapism that isn't a bad way to spend an evening.

Parental Guide:

The rating is for zombie violence, and action, and brief suggestive material.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

UHD Presentation: 88
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

Dolby Atmos Rating: 90

• Level of immersion:
  • Soundstage integration:
  • Audio object placement:
  • Effectiveness:
  • Entertainment factor:

Ultra HD Blu-ray has finally been released and eager enthusiasts are ready and willing to see what it has to offer. For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link:

Ultra HD Blu-ray Has Come to AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

For those not willing to refer to the article linked above, I have included some comments here. The implementation of high dynamic range as it stands currently, doesn't appear to have exacting standards and no calibration tools to allow for a foundational threshold for setting up a visual system. This leaves us to do the best we can to determine what appears to be accurate, at least for the time being. With that in mind, my approach to reviewing Ultra HD Blu-ray will be to assess the elements observed which I find to generate the most significant visual impact when compared to standard high definition Blu-ray.

For me, high dynamic range, with its broader spectrum of colors and emboldened highlights in the areas of contrast and brightness, is where the potential lies in the format. The increase in resolution, while an important component, isn't going to be definitive in every case, especially given that currently many of the Ultra HD Blu-ray releases are derived from 2K Digital Intermediates that are up-converted to 4K. This shouldn't be strictly construed to mean that such up-converted images won't look noticeably better than their 1080p counterparts. Conversely, a release finished on a 4K Digital Intermediate isn't a guarantee that it will be heads and shoulders above the rest. So, what can you expect to hear from me when discussing what I observed from Ultra HD Blu-ray? I will hit upon the things that struck me, the impact, or lack of impact, of HDR and the improvement, if any, in resolution when compared to 1080p Blu-ray. The outcome will be a rating as seen above.

Front projection for home theater is just stepping through the door with respect to the reproduction of HDR. My goal is to present readers with a reasonable expectation of what they can expect when viewing the same content that I have. There may be variables that differ slightly however I believe that in general the outcome will be close. As we are exposed to more and more content and calibration tools come onboard we will have better perspectives from which to gauge. Thanks for reading!

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 2160pHEVC encoded video and lossless Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible) sound .

For its presentation in Ultra HD Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was rendered from a 2K DI and up-converted to 4K. With the limited exposure to Ultra HD sourced from a 4K Digital Intermediates we are left to judge based upon what we have seen thus far.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies isn't a boldly colorful or bright film but this Ultra HD rendering makes the most of its elements. With a discernible increase in detail and emboldened chromatic highlights the image appears noticeably sharper and vibrant when compared to the 1080p version. Primary colors such red and blue are pleasingly rich while whites appear gradational and punchy. The added dimension in blacks and shadows is immediately noticeable. I find the natural rendering of light via its discernible stages and incremental highlights to be one of the big pluses I've noticed with HDR. The scene involving the burning of the zombie corpses after the siege at the dinner dance is a good example of this. The film has a variety of sequences that make use of close up camera angles that show off the superb rendering of detail. At times the level of minutia is excellent, as even the finest nuance in the physical features or period costumes of the characters seen onscreen is resolvable. The film utilizes an overall reserved chromatic aesthetic that appears faithfully reproduced in Ultra HD.

The difference between viewing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in high definition and Ultra HD isn't night and day but at times I had the feeling that the gap broadened. I am pleased with this presentation and have been enjoying what I have seen from Sony's UHD releases thus far.

In listening to the Dolby Atmos surround mix I found it to be of the moderately active variety that makes steady use of the platform. Its use of audio objects placed above is a mix of atmospherics, music and discrete sound effects. This is done very well and creates a tangible level of immersion that coincides with the onscreen events nicely, especially when things ramp up during the fight sequences. Speaking of which, everything really comes together for the first time during the first encounter at the card game as near field objects, and multi-dimensional ambience places you inside the scene (literally) as sounds rotate and revolve around the soundstage from both above and at ear level. While this isn’t what I would regard as an aggressive Atmos mix I enjoyed the balance of atmosphere combined with discrete object placement. I think that it complimented the source material and made for an entertaining listening experience.

Blu-ray Video:

Video: 94

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Audio: 94
  • Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialog Reproduction:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies comes to Blu-ray Disc from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 24 Mbps and lossless DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound that has an average bitrate of 2.2 Mbps.

This film has a visual style that doesn’t always lend itself to vibrant colors and vivid high gloss video quality. There are instances where brighter elements are utilized and the boldly applied contrast allows them to pop visually. Otherwise onscreen images predominantly lean toward color schemes, and grittier textures that provide the look that the filmmakers use to drive the story’s components. This is done to good effect. Shadow delineation is good overall and revealing of visible details within dark backgrounds and low lighting. Stable contrast and deep blacks allow scenes containing mixed content to appear gradationally satisfying with crisp whites and dynamic highlights. Resolution is discerning as images are characterized by intricate and definitively rendered detail that gives the video appreciable dimension and delineated texture. This is the case in all but a few instances where definition softens and doesn’t retain the same level of lucidity.

Incorporating elements of horror and action, a film like this relies heavily on its soundtrack to elicit the intended effect upon the audience, and this DTS-HD Master Audio does just that. This is a fairly aggressive surround sound mix that features an array of well-placed sound effects that engage the listening position. The room is illuminated with an array of sounds that are both directional and ambient in nature. I appreciated the attention to detail that went into creating the surround mix as it effectively replicates the environments featured in the film. Bass reproduction is clean and hard hitting as it accentuates the audio’s excellent dynamic range with palpable impact. Dialog intelligibility is never a problem even during the film’s active moments. This is a great surround sound experience that made this film a bit more enjoyable.

Bonus Features:
  • Disc 1: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Ultra HD Blu-ray
    Disc 2: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Blu-ray
  • (HD) 8 Deleted Scenes
  • (HD) Mr. Collins Line-O-Rama
  • (HD) Gag Reel – 2 minutes
  • (HD) 4 Featurettes (Totaling 20 minutes)
    1. The Badass Bennet Sisters
    2. Creating the Unmentionables
    3. Courtship, Class and Carnage: Meet the Cast
    4. From Austen to Zombies: Adapting a Classic
  • Digital HD Copy

Final Thoughts:

Based on the best-selling novel by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies doesn't capitalize on the potential of its subject, but musters enough mindless entertainment to make for a decent popcorn flick. It comes to Blu-ray in this Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring sparkling Ultra HD video, engaging surround sound, including a Dolby Atmos mix, and a decent supplemental offering that looks behind the scenes at the making of the film. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies won't make the top ten of discerning genre fans, but it's certainly worthy of a rental when you're up for a bit of over the top entertainment on movie night. If you're set up for Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos sound, the ride gets even better.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV8802A 13.2 Channel Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
B&K Reference 200.7 Series 2 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-103D Universal Disc/3D capable Blu-ray Player
Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and In-Ceiling series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SVS PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
SVS PC12-NSD
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews

Last edited by Ralph Potts; 05-30-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-30-2016, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Thanks Ralph for the review. My wife LOVED this movie. So being a good husband I picked up a copy on UHD.

Ron
audiofan1 and Ralph Potts like this.
post #3 of 24 Old 05-30-2016, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
Thanks Ralph for the review. My wife LOVED this movie. So being a good husband I picked up a copy on UHD.

Ron
Greetings,

Good man Ron..

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 05-30-2016, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Ralph Potts, Independance Day blu-ray review would be nice.
post #5 of 24 Old 05-30-2016, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svanur08 View Post
Ralph Potts, Independance Day blu-ray review would be nice.
Greetings,

I requested the Anniversary Edition but it never showed.

Fingers crossed on the Ultra HD release. Fox typically sends them at or just after street day. I will post when I have it in hand..

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #6 of 24 Old 05-30-2016, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 1057
Thanks for the review, Ralph!

Lookin' forward to poppin' some corn and watching!
post #7 of 24 Old 05-30-2016, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2047 Post(s)
Liked: 2883
Quote:

Ron
Is your wife a Jane Austen fan ?

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #8 of 24 Old 05-31-2016, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Is your wife a Jane Austen fan ?
Yes, she is. She wants us (including our teenage son) to watch pride and prejudice before the zombie version. It's been a while since I've seen one of the p&p movies.

Ron
post #9 of 24 Old 05-31-2016, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Yes, she is. She wants us (including our teenage son) to watch pride and prejudice before the zombie version. It's been a while since I've seen one of the p&p movies.

Ron
If you're going to watch a version of P&P, it has to be the 1995 version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. Unfortunately it is also 5 1/2 hours long.

Last month the NYTimes had an article about movie versions of Jane Austen novels. It is amusing and worth the read if you're a fan.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...uide.html?_r=0

SMK
post #10 of 24 Old 05-31-2016, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 484
I have to say after getting the Samsung 4k UHD Bluray player and even though its feeding my 1080p Projector, it just blows my mind how much of a difference there is between the standard bluray and the 4k bluray and just how much better it is.

This is one of those odd movies that I am looking forward to seeing so yeah I will be picking this up on 4k for sure.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" 16:9 Screen AVR: Marantz SR6011 ATMOS/DTSX + Unity 2ch Amp + Darbee 5000s Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), FXiA6 (SL/SR), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR), TSx110B (Ceiling FL/FR RL/RR) LFE: (2) JL Audio 12" Subs + (2) Dayton 15" Subs + (2) ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 7.1.4 Source: OPPO UDP-203 4k Bluray Player, Roku 4, HTPC, 2017 nVidia Shield, Hauppauge OTA DVR
post #11 of 24 Old 05-31-2016, 11:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Hey @Lee Weber ! Your girlfriend was a co-producer in this flick! Talk about Zombie Irony!!

Ralph, I know EXACTLY how the ending will be the beginning of a comeback for Matt Smith.. pfffft.. The (bumbling) Parson.. almost had me till just at the end

Spoiler!
darthray and Ralph Potts like this.

Last edited by Woobieizer; 06-17-2016 at 01:32 PM.
post #12 of 24 Old 06-01-2016, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked: 854
I have to get this for my sister, she loves Pride and Prejudice. I need to find out if she has a Blu-ray player.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #13 of 24 Old 06-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Thanks for the review Ralph!

I've been looking forward to this since I saw the previews but have been left with the impression the film doesn't have much bite (pun intended) given it's PG 13 rating. I was hoping for as much period drama and character driven story as I was zombie horror/action. I'll still give it a go but will definitely keep my expectations in check.
Ralph Potts likes this.

post #14 of 24 Old 06-02-2016, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Liked: 1132
Thanks for the review, but I found the idea to drag the a literary classic into this, is lame at best. Of course I find zombie stories lame for the most part, and thanks to TWD, the supply will be plenty I'm afraid...........
The funny thing is I really like Lily James, she would have made a real good Elizabeth Bennet in her true form.
Ralph Potts likes this.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun

Last edited by thehun; 06-02-2016 at 09:00 AM.
post #15 of 24 Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 51
On this UHD disc I encountered a really bad sound sync problem. The AV processor indicated Dolby Digital True HD 7.1 as it should.

I managed to get the disc to play with proper audio but I don’t understand the fix. On the Samsung player there are the following audio selections:

Bitstream (unprocessed)
Bitstream (processed to DTS
Bitstream (processed to Dolby Digital)
PCM
OFF

All other 4k UHD discs I own have no problems with Bitstream (unprocessed) including prior Sony releases. Pride + Prejudice + Zombies however plays in that mode with incredible lip sync delay - outside of the adjustment range in the Samsung. When I switched to Bitstream (processed to Dolby Digital) , however , I experienced no
audio problem. To decode in my AV processer , I thought that the Bitstream (unprocessed) was the proper choice. That works for all other 4k UHD discs up to 7.1. The AV indicates Dolby Digital True HD 7.1 for Atmos discs. It appears that Sony has somehow coded the audio on this disc differently or left out a digital flag that the AV processor needs? I suspect this is just another annoying growing pain for all of the spec changes involved in the new 4k format?
post #16 of 24 Old 06-06-2016, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 12556 Post(s)
Liked: 11734
I've heard the hdr is nice in this film, might have to pick it up

Ralph, off topic, but have you recieved any Star Trek 4k movies yet, I'm dying to hear how those turned out.
post #17 of 24 Old 06-07-2016, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 484
I finally got around to watching this movie and I have to say I really did enjoy it, I felt it was well done and really well balanced. Certainly a movie I would recommend to people who like such era pieces and zombies lol.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" 16:9 Screen AVR: Marantz SR6011 ATMOS/DTSX + Unity 2ch Amp + Darbee 5000s Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), FXiA6 (SL/SR), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR), TSx110B (Ceiling FL/FR RL/RR) LFE: (2) JL Audio 12" Subs + (2) Dayton 15" Subs + (2) ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 7.1.4 Source: OPPO UDP-203 4k Bluray Player, Roku 4, HTPC, 2017 nVidia Shield, Hauppauge OTA DVR
post #18 of 24 Old 06-07-2016, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 239
I enjoyed the movie but i really think this movie is a chick flick disguised as a zombie movie. My gf enjoyed it a lot and my coworkers wife enjoyed it more than him
Ralph Potts and Bfadams like this.

tv: Samsung 55HU8550
avr: Pioneer VSX 824
subs: Polk PSW108, Definitive Technology Pro-sub 800
l/r: Klipsch R28Fs, c: Infinity Beta C360 rear: cheapo Sharps
post #19 of 24 Old 06-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 403
My wife is a big Jane Austen fan and I was curious about the zombie part so it made sense to rent this. I have to say I really enjoyed it and the soundtrack was great (this flick has some serious bass!).

Having some GoT alumni in the movie was just icing on the cake.

UHD copy ordered.

Ascend Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Ascend Horizon Center w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 2 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos modules (x4), SVS PB13 Ultras (x2), SVS PB12+ (x2)
Denon X6500H / Emotiva Mini-X a-100
Panasonic DP-UB820 / PS4 Pro / XBOX 1X
Sony XBR75Z9D, LG OLED65B7A

Last edited by GunmetalR56; 06-09-2016 at 07:49 AM.
post #20 of 24 Old 08-20-2016, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2296 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Hi Ralph

I searched for your review on this last night to no avail (must have been sleepy) but here it is perhaps gremlins

Anyway like you I never read any of the books or seen the movie but pretty much over the years got the gist. Somehow the managed an entertaining movie out of this without as you say over committing to either genre.The audio was a complete shocker,even using only DTS Neural X (knowing only now it's released in U4K) the effects and being in the movie effects were pretty cool. the video was great as well and have no real qualms about it. I do look forward when I make the jump on the video end of things to UHD 4k HDR to perhaps picking up a copy for the collection as it was a fun flick

Thanks for the dead on review!

Jeff
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #21 of 24 Old 08-21-2016, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
Hi Ralph

I searched for your review on this last night to no avail (must have been sleepy) but here it is perhaps gremlins

Anyway like you I never read any of the books or seen the movie but pretty much over the years got the gist. Somehow the managed an entertaining movie out of this without as you say over committing to either genre.The audio was a complete shocker,even using only DTS Neural X (knowing only now it's released in U4K) the effects and being in the movie effects were pretty cool. the video was great as well and have no real qualms about it. I do look forward when I make the jump on the video end of things to UHD 4k HDR to perhaps picking up a copy for the collection as it was a fun flick

Thanks for the dead on review!

Jeff
Greetings,

Glad you enjoyed this one too buddy. It's definitely fun and light. I agree that the presentation added to entertaining element as well. Thanks for chiming in with your thoughts!

Regards,
audiofan1 likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #22 of 24 Old 08-24-2016, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hello Ralph,
Is there a big audio difference between the Atmos track and the reg DTS-HD from the Bluray?
I don't have a UHD player so I'm wondering if I should wait to get this one when I decide to buy a UHD player or should I just go ahead and rent the Bluray... ?
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #23 of 24 Old 08-24-2016, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArieS1204 View Post
Hello Ralph,
Is there a big audio difference between the Atmos track and the reg DTS-HD from the Bluray?
I don't have a UHD player so I'm wondering if I should wait to get this one when I decide to buy a UHD player or should I just go ahead and rent the Bluray... ?
Greetings,

Go for it. You'll find the DTS-HD MA track to sound great.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #24 of 24 Old 08-26-2016, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Go for it. You'll find the DTS-HD MA track to sound great.

Regards,
Thank you Ralph, will do.
To be honest, if the BD had Atmos, I would have bought it.
But I have decided that anything that gets Atmos/DTS-X on UHD but not Bluray will be a rental, at best.
So, FOX & Sony you are not getting my money anymore. I will buy a UHD player, eventually, but it will be on my schedule, not yours.
Rant over
KillerBee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
bd-66 , dolby atmos ~ 90

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page