Hacksaw Ridge Ultra HD Blu-ray Review - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 183Likes

post #91 of 155 Old 02-27-2017, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post
So let's image you are color blind, or are in a dark room. Of these two discs, which of these two is the blu ray?

Yes. I think it is also as simple as the bluray disk usually is facing you when you open it.
Coupled with the very difficult to see logo in a softly lit room.

I have like forty movies and never goofed like that before.

Sony 285es 4k , 16'6" from the screen. 142" Silver Ticket 2.35:1 A/T Screen. Yamaha RX-A3050, 7 Channel Outlaw Amp, 7.2.4 speaker layout. Triad Bronze L/C/R , Triad Silver Omni SE Surround(Sides), Triad Bipole Gold OnWall Rear, 4 Ceiling Silver Ticket Speakers. SVS PB2000 Subwoofer and a PB1000, Oppo. 203 player, XBox One X, Roku 4, Logitech remote, Alexa Controlled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 155 Old 02-27-2017, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked: 4570
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Stephens 2 View Post
Crazy. I read this and thought what second disc? Holy cow. It is there, hidden behind the paper AND looks pretty much exactly the same as the first disk!! How did I miss this? I am an idiot. Lol.

Was just about to ship it back. Will test it this evening. I cannot believe I did not notice the difference! This was on a 150" screen. Wow.

LOL

You are not an idiot, I did the same mistake before in my dim room.
And I am sure we are not alone

On my copy, the Blu-ray was on the right side, not the left side like yours.

Ray
kwok lau likes this.
post #93 of 155 Old 02-27-2017, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

We watch this movie last night.

I found the first hour to be a little bit slow, but necessary to explain this man conviction, and could not have been otherwise.
Not only the second half was so well done, to show the brutality of war.
It also show that this man was more than hero, I never seen such a brave person, amazing of what it did.

I had tears in my eyes at the end.

Definably worth a second viewing.

Ray
Ralph Potts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 155 Old 02-27-2017, 10:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2903 Post(s)
Liked: 2095
I just watched it earlier this evening.

I don't have a massive HT setup, but it was still almost overwhelming. Some people may find it unwatchable, as it's got lots of blood and guts. (Quite literally.) As I'm not one of those people, I was able to appreciate it. Ralph's review said all that is necessary about the audio and video.

Mel Gibson and company did well in conveying the heroism of Desmond Doss (Andrew Garfield). Teresa Palmer was quite good as his wife, Dorothy Shutte. (I haven't seen her in much. Didn't know that she's an Aussie.) Vince Vaughn was surprisingly good as Sgt. Howell, although the character was a little unrealistic. (In the combat scenes, he seemed to have an endless supply of machine gun ammo.) Sam Worthington (speaking of Aussies) was competent but unremarkable.

I disagree with the opinion that it's an overly religious film. (I have no personal religion.) There was something vaguely Christ-like in the scene where Doss was being lowered from the ridge on a stretcher, but it seemed appropriate. He was wounded after performing a (secular) miracle.

Highly recommended. If you're the sort of person who is impressed by someone single-handedly rescuing 75 wounded GIs over a single night from a ridge that is held by a large number of fanatical Imperial Japanese Army soldiers, all without the hero firing a single shot, the film may leave you in tears. (The good kind.)

Edit, later: I'm embarrassed to have failed to mention Hugo Weaving's performance as Doss's father. (Yet another Australian.) It was brilliant. Stronger perhaps than Garfield's, but with much less screen time.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Last edited by bobknavs; 02-28-2017 at 09:14 AM.
post #95 of 155 Old 02-28-2017, 12:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2447 Post(s)
Liked: 3131
Hi Ralph

Whew! been extremely busy as of late but just had to chime on this one and while not having much to say after I was rendered speechless after viewing this cinema master piece. I have to say it was extremely well done on multiple fronts (talk about your kid gloves) aside from the leads excellent performance Hugo knocked this one out the park! The Atmos presentation was simply off the charts delivering elements with in the mix I didn't know the format (or my 7.1.4 setup) was even capable of, I found myself bating my eyes at the concussive shocks that as one poster in the bass thread mention a " couch lifting sensation" and while my subs are nowhere near as many in number, they put the point across very well due to superb LFE timing and precision!

I did pick up the 4k/bluray/digital copy in lue of one day getting a capable display for HDR and such seems the smart thing to do these days when the blu has an Atmos track.

Gets a Bravo (hooray) for Hollywood and thanks yet again for the dead on review

Jeff
Ralph Potts and jb442386 like this.
post #96 of 155 Old 02-28-2017, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked: 7042
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
Hi Ralph

Whew! been extremely busy as of late but just had to chime on this one and while not having much to say after I was rendered speechless after viewing this cinema master piece. I have to say it was extremely well done on multiple fronts (talk about your kid gloves) aside from the leads excellent performance Hugo knocked this one out the park! The Atmos presentation was simply off the charts delivering elements with in the mix I didn't know the format (or my 7.1.4 setup) was even capable of, I found myself bating my eyes at the concussive shocks that as one poster in the bass thread mention a " couch lifting sensation" and while my subs are nowhere near as many in number, they put the point across very well due to superb LFE timing and precision!

I did pick up the 4k/bluray/digital copy in lue of one day getting a capable display for HDR and such seems the smart thing to do these days when the blu has an Atmos track.

Gets a Bravo (hooray) for Hollywood and thanks yet again for the dead on review

Jeff
Greetings,

Sweet! Thanks for taking the time to offer you thoughts/experience Jeff. I am glad you enjoyed this one buddy.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
post #97 of 155 Old 02-28-2017, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2089 Post(s)
Liked: 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Stephens 2 View Post
Find the tiny mark on there that tells you which one is bluray!! Also, they covered the blu ray version, and placed the standard one on the right. Will look more closely next time!! Take back all my ill will towards lionsgate.
All's well that ends well. Glad you got the Dolby Atmos version, as well. Thanks to the other posters for providing detailed information on the dual discs.

Lionsgate (Lyinsgate) is still on my sh*t list for not providing plain old Bluray rental versions of their movies with Dolby Atmos sound tracks (Netflix and Redbox). No amount of Novena's will make up for this transgression.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, Denon X6700H & Emotiva XPA-3, OPPO 103 - 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's-V.5 (FL/FR), CC-690-V.5 (C), ADP 590-V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub, Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides). Stereo 2 Channel Only - Dali Evidence 470 & MartinLogan Forte Amplifier/Streamer with ARC.
post #98 of 155 Old 02-28-2017, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1716 Post(s)
Liked: 1678
I liked the film but did you see Mel Gibson at the Oscars? , my god that man is weird ...

Anxiety is contagious, please keep yours to yourself.
post #99 of 155 Old 02-28-2017, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
I liked the film but did you see Mel Gibson at the Oscars? , my god that man is weird ...
Calling a man weird at the Oscars is like giving out speeding tickets at the Indy 500...
thehun, jsrdlr, audiofan1 and 1 others like this.

Denon AVR X7200 WA 7.2.4
Samsung KS 9000 75"
Oppo UDP 203
Klipsch RF 7 II
Klipsch RC 64 II
SVS CS Ultra Cylinder sub X2 Crown K2
post #100 of 155 Old 02-28-2017, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Do we really need to see the same image reposted over & over?

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #101 of 155 Old 03-01-2017, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterSapiens View Post
Video

Natural color, but little bit softish, filmic film-look. Maybe because WW2 -movies should look that. Whatever the reason, I don´t like analog film look at all. I would have shot it high depth of field, high resolution digital. Like 13 Hours - Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Or Netflix´s new series. Or Showtime´s Homeland.

BD-video score: 3/5

Audio

Quite mediocre audio mix, nothing special on this department. Of recent same genre movies, for example Secret Soldiers of Benghazi mops floor by this in every & all aspects.

BD TrueHD (non-Atmos) audio score: 3/5

Film

The director is religious conservative straight-lacer, and that can be taken very note during the movie; about one (1) duration-left/clock -checks per 30 mins and three (3) WC-breaks in all. Gibson´s style to develop story is s-l-o-w and uninteresting. Also main character is utterly irritating jesus-talks-me -"different-youngster" -type, almost shot him with my Xbox light pistol multiple times during movie.
In halfway my video reviewer battle morale was so low, I was forced to resort Boring Movies Chemical Drama/Suspension Enhancer i.e. start taking booze.
The lot hyped action scenes seen on Okinawa missed quite totally scale, sense of chaos and most of all the immersion of large infantry battle. It felt very small, unconvincing and almost like theatre play. I´m amazed if any over 5 action/war movies before seen critic could take it seriously.
As a collective potts-tolstoyan -movie wrap-up, Hacksaw Ridge was most heavily overrated case I have encountered in years. Hope Gibson won´t direct more movies. But if he just has to, professionally suggest him staying on themes like Passion of the Christ II - The Ultimate Purgatory BBQ, etc. suitable for him.

Film score: 2,5/5
I have a suggestion too:
"Slate" can always use a movie "critic" like you.

Fantastic film, will get the UHD/BD soon thanks Ralph for the review.
Ralph Potts likes this.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

You want true diversity? Champion the diversity of thoughts!

The Hun
post #102 of 155 Old 03-02-2017, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by elario View Post
On the BD please check 00:09:27 (scene in a church, Andrew Garfield is on a ladder. Check wall in the background, particularly on left of frame)
On the UHD disc, I noticed a lot of banding around 1 hr 11min where the camera pans a bit and there's lots of white smoke. I found it really distracting, but it was one of the only points I noticed any banding or visual artifacts.

Also, the movie froze completely at 1:50:09... this was via a UDP-203. the picture went into slow-motion, then stopped after just a few seconds. The player become mostly unresponsive, then it eventually stopped on it's own. I resumed by selecting the closest chapter, fast-forwarded to somewhere a bit before the glitch time and letting it play. Worked fine! My guess was that the glitch was at a layer-change. Anybody else have problems with this?

And after reading this thread, I've gotta verify I was watching the right disc... I purchased it from BestBuy. I'm 99% certain the player indicated Dolby TruHD, but I'm not sure if it was ATMOS encoded or not. (are they mutually exclusive!? I'll have to re-read about that)

Magnepan 1.7s, Magnepan CC5, 2x JL F113 subs
2x Emotiva XPA-1 (L/R), XPA-5 (center, surrounds)
Emotiva XMC-1, Oppo UDP-205 & JVC RS540U + Stewart Cima 2.35:1 133"
post #103 of 155 Old 03-02-2017, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYVYX View Post
On the UHD disc, I noticed a lot of banding around 1 hr 11min where the camera pans a bit and there's lots of white smoke. I found it really distracting, but it was one of the only points I noticed any banding or visual artifacts.

Also, the movie froze completely at 1:50:09... this was via a UDP-203. the picture went into slow-motion, then stopped after just a few seconds. The player become mostly unresponsive, then it eventually stopped on it's own. I resumed by selecting the closest chapter, fast-forwarded to somewhere a bit before the glitch time and letting it play. Worked fine! My guess was that the glitch was at a layer-change. Anybody else have problems with this?

And after reading this thread, I've gotta verify I was watching the right disc... I purchased it from BestBuy. I'm 99% certain the player indicated Dolby TruHD, but I'm not sure if it was ATMOS encoded or not. (are they mutually exclusive!? I'll have to re-read about that)
Greetings,

I didn't observe the banding during that sequence but will double check. It is present on the blu-ray at the mark referenced by the earlier poster. I also had a minor glitch with playback, which wasn't repeatable, and was resolved by restarting playback. Dolby Atmos and Dolby TrueHD are indeed linked. You don't get Dolby Atmos without TrueHD. You can have TrueHD without Atmos though.

Regards,
XYVYX likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #104 of 155 Old 03-02-2017, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some whining of not-force-feeded-religion. No, I didn´t mean that way. I meant the PAPALLY KIND (=very boringly) displayed story. Movies are supposed to be entertaining, if they are not documents.
As audio/video-wanking -wise, opposite as hyped, I didn´t find at least regular BD-version over mediocre either. Biggest movie-disappointment in long time, quite overrate-OD since Prometheus (in times of its release).

P.S. In hands of proper action director, story teller and true cinematic showman, like Michael Bay, this could have had potential. Gibson as director suits only for jesus channel programming or Passion of the Christ -franchise. He was much better on lens side of the camera (on 80´s and 90´s), actors rarely succeed as directors. Clint Eastwood is almost alone only succesfully side of the camera changed actor I know of.
post #105 of 155 Old 03-02-2017, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 92
What upsets me is that I got the Steelbook and it has the Bluray and DVD. Whyyy. I want Steelbooks that have Bluray and UHD!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #106 of 155 Old 03-02-2017, 11:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Dolby Atmos and Dolby TrueHD are indeed linked. You don't get Dolby Atmos without TrueHD.

Well...you can get Atmos with Dolby Digital Plus (DD+). Some foreign language tracks are available in Atmos using DD+

Vudu streaming has Atmos via DD+
Ralph Potts likes this.

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #107 of 155 Old 03-03-2017, 02:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Video

Natural color, but little bit softish, filmic film-look. Maybe because WW2 -movies should look that. Whatever the reason, I don´t like analog film look at all. I would have shot it high depth of field, high resolution digital. Like 13 Hours - Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Or Netflix´s new series. Or Showtime´s Homeland.

BD-video score: 3/5

Audio

Quite mediocre audio mix, nothing special on this department. Of recent same genre movies, for example Secret Soldiers of Benghazi mops floor by this in every & all aspects.

BD TrueHD (non-Atmos) audio score: 3/5

Film

The director is religious conservative straight-lacer, and that can be taken very note during the movie; about one (1) duration-left/clock -checks per 30 mins and three (3) WC-breaks in all. Gibson´s style to develop story is s-l-o-w and uninteresting. Also main character is utterly irritating jesus-talks-me -"different-youngster" -type, almost shot him with my Xbox light pistol multiple times during movie.
In halfway my video reviewer battle morale was so low, I was forced to resort Boring Movies Chemical Drama/Suspension Enhancer i.e. start taking booze.
The lot hyped action scenes seen on Okinawa missed quite totally scale, sense of chaos and most of all the immersion of large infantry battle. It felt very small, unconvincing and almost like theatre play. I´m amazed if any over 5 action/war movies before seen critic could take it seriously.
As a collective potts-tolstoyan -movie wrap-up, Hacksaw Ridge was most heavily overrated case I have encountered in years. Hope Gibson won´t direct more movies. But if he just has to, professionally suggest him staying on themes like Passion of the Christ II - The Ultimate Purgatory BBQ, etc. suitable for him.

Film score: 2,5/5
wait? what?? /shakes head incredulously
post #108 of 155 Old 03-03-2017, 04:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2089 Post(s)
Liked: 1580
Quote:
Some whining of not-force-feeded-religion. No, I didn´t mean that way. I meant the PAPALLY KIND (=very boringly) displayed story. Movies are supposed to be entertaining, if they are not documents.
As audio/video-wanking -wise, opposite as hyped, I didn´t find at least regular BD-version over mediocre either. Biggest movie-disappointment in long time, quite overrate-OD since Prometheus (in times of its release).

P.S. In hands of proper action director, story teller and true cinematic showman, like Michael Bay, this could have had potential. Gibson as director suits only for jesus channel programming or Passion of the Christ -franchise. He was much better on lens side of the camera (on 80´s and 90´s), actors rarely succeed as directors. Clint Eastwood is almost alone only succesfully side of the camera changed actor I know of.
Couldn't disagree with you more. As most of the posters in this thread have expressed, it was an incredible movie with a fabulous sound track about an exceptional American hero. You can have secular views - - that's fine, but to describe this movie as anything resembling "force fed religion" is ludicrous. It's central to the main character, Desmond Doss, and how he views the world and more importantly, how he can honor his country by serving as a "Conscientious Cooperator!"
thehun and Davird_Jr like this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, Denon X6700H & Emotiva XPA-3, OPPO 103 - 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's-V.5 (FL/FR), CC-690-V.5 (C), ADP 590-V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub, Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides). Stereo 2 Channel Only - Dali Evidence 470 & MartinLogan Forte Amplifier/Streamer with ARC.
post #109 of 155 Old 03-03-2017, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How many times it must be repeated? I didn´t mean religion was actually force feeded. Only tone and style to develop story was so ****ing popally-boring.
This movie may work on "masterpiece-level" for dour minded religious morons, persons with limited experience of (action) movies, or people who take their movie watchings as some kind of accomplishment. Some most simpleton (USA) audiences may also get their buttons pushed by certain depicted patriotic production values.

AV-technical -wise, loudspeakers on family living room and not knowing much of camera techniques (or anything else) etc greatly helps audio and video overrating. It was not bad, but not among the best either.
post #110 of 155 Old 03-03-2017, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
How many times it must be repeated? I didn´t mean religion was actually force feeded. Only tone and style to develop story was so ****ing popally-boring.
This movie may work on "masterpiece-level" for dour minded religious morons, persons with limited experience of (action) movies, or people who take their movie watchings as some kind of accomplishment. Some most simpleton (USA) audiences may also get their buttons pushed by certain depicted patriotic production values.

AV-technical -wise, loudspeakers on family living room and not knowing much of camera techniques (or anything else) etc greatly helps audio and video overrating. It was not bad, but not among the best either.
Greetings,

Okay, let's tone it down. You're entitled to your opinion on the film and it's technical presentation, however your remarks are not only out of context, but inflammatory, and down right insulting. It's pretty simple in the Blu-ray review forum, express your opinion in a cordial manner, or move on. I do not, and will not, tolerate this kind of flagrant disregard for proper decorum. Period.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #111 of 155 Old 03-03-2017, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
While I enjoyed the film & thought the UHD disc looked & sounded great, I thought Mel went into his "Mel Gibson: Director" bag of tricks a little too often & in that aspect played it a bit safe. Visually, thematically and structurally I thought he kind of rehashed a lot of the same moves we've seen in Apocolypto & especially Braveheart. I've always liked Mel as a director and appreciate he wants a distinctive style, but I found it to be a little too familiar, even forced this time around. Still, lots of directors could do a lot worse. Solid B+ from me.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #112 of 155 Old 03-03-2017, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Okay, let's tone it down. You're entitled to your opinion on the film and it's technical presentation, however your remarks are not only out of context, but inflammatory, and down right insulting. It's pretty simple in the Blu-ray review forum, express your opinion in a cordial manner, or move on. I do not, and will not, tolerate this kind of flagrant disregard for proper decorum. Period.

Regards,

+1

The only reason, the religious tone was applied, was to show the "why" of this hero conviction and belief.
I had no problem with-it at all, and I am an ethious
A real life story, should be told on some perspective that not all agree on, just the way it was.

Ray
audiofan1 likes this.
post #113 of 155 Old 03-06-2017, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Not to beat a dead horse,but....you do realize that many of us here, including Ralph, have highly capable 4K displays, and A/V equipment in dedicated theatre rooms? Ralph's review was not "overrated" in the least.
Ralph Potts and Franin like this.
post #114 of 155 Old 03-15-2017, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 933 Post(s)
Liked: 647
I just rented/ watched this in BD, and even in stereo it was incredible.
This movie is just awesome.
This is a 4k get for the Atmos speakers I am installing.

Thanks Again Ralph!
Ralph Potts likes this.

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.

Last edited by Ralph Potts; 03-16-2017 at 04:48 AM. Reason: No Need To Quote the Entire Review
post #115 of 155 Old 03-16-2017, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz View Post
I just rented/ watched this in BD, and even in stereo it was incredible.
This movie is just awesome.
This is a 4k get for the Atmos speakers I am installing.

Thanks Again Ralph!
Greetings,

You're quite welcome muzz. Enjoy!

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #116 of 155 Old 03-16-2017, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3678 Post(s)
Liked: 2608
Watching this tonight. Thanks for review Ralph
Ralph Potts likes this.

God Bless!. A good way to test your Iris on your projector is on the Spears and Munsil disc. Go to Video processing then select Luminance Loading. Don't stare directly at the lens but on an angle and you can actually see the Iris at work
My Recently Updated Small Home Theatre Room :https://www.avsforum.com/forum/29-what-s-your-system-configuration/1162038-franin-ht-42.html#post16806495l
post #117 of 155 Old 03-16-2017, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Great review, Ralph.
Watched yesterday as a Satellite rental and was entertained and moved by the story and production.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #118 of 155 Old 03-18-2017, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Watched it tonight, both the wife and I really enjoyed it. Even at 1080p the picture was sensational.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk
Ralph Potts and muzz like this.
post #119 of 155 Old 03-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Audio glitch

I just purchased the combo UHD/BluRay version of the movie. I don't have a UHD setup yet, so I viewed the BR disc. Twice, during the movie, the audio just disappeared. Video was untouched/OK. The only way I could get the audio to resume (I have an OPPO 93), was to stop the disc and clear the persistent memory. Then, going back to the same spot, the audio was OK. I also tried (in the settings) changing from "Auto" detection to "Bitstream". That made no difference. Anybody else have this occur? I did a search in this thread for "audio glitch", but got no hits. I noticed that this was from "Lionsgate". Have people had trouble with audio from "Lionsgate"? I also checked the disc for cleanliness/scratches. It looked good. But, I re-cleaned it anyway. Thanks for any info.

Last edited by Vidop; 03-19-2017 at 11:50 AM.
post #120 of 155 Old 03-20-2017, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3678 Post(s)
Liked: 2608
Fantastic film!! Watched it last night definitely will have replay value at home.
Ralph Potts and darthray like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page