Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Ultra HD Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
  • 2 Post By Ralph Potts
  • 1 Post By liffie420
  • 2 Post By DAB
  • 1 Post By Mattopotamus
  • 1 Post By Toe
  • 1 Post By Sal1950
  • 1 Post By robsis
  • 1 Post By pspoar
  • 2 Post By Big Brad
  • 1 Post By pinetop718
  • 2 Post By Ralph Potts

post #1 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 6105
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Ultra HD Review

Milla Jovovich is back as the iconic zombie slayer Alice, who is forced to return to The Hive, where her story began, in this final installment in the Resident Evil film franchise.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/UHD Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Sony Pictures - 2016
MPAA Rating: R
Feature running time: 107 minutes
Genre: Action/Sci-Fi/Horror

Disc Format: BD-66
Encoding: HEVC
Video Aspect: 2.40:1
Resolution: 2160p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible), Catalan, Czech, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, English SDH, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, German, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish
Starring: Millan Jovovich, Ali Larter, Shawn Roberts, Ruby Rose, William Levy, Iain Glen
Written &Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson
Music by: Paul Haslinger
Region Code: A,B,C

Release Date: May 16, 2017

"Finish the Fight"

My Take:

Picking up after Resident Evil: Retribution, Alice (Milla Jovovich) is the only survivor of what was meant to be humanity’s final stand against the undead. Now, she must return to where the nightmare began – The Hive in Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is gathering its undead forces for a final strike against the survivors of the apocalypse and Alice must prevent complete human extinction before it’s too late.

I have never played the video game that inspired this action/horror film franchise but the original Resident Evil looked interesting so I gave it a years ago. Milla Jovovich has proven that she has the chops for credible butt kicking action. Here we are now five films later, and with each installment the series has steadily declined in terms of the quality of the storyline. Obviously one can’t expect deep themes, and broad plots, but at this stage it has descended into the abyss with threadbare writing, rehashed situations and cardboard cutouts for characters. The one constant, which depending on your point of view may be all that matters, has been the action. I generally find that aspect to be gratifying despite a bit of thematic repetitiveness.

Diehard fans will find much to like in Resident Evil: The Final Chapter as it brings the storyline to a “close” while adhering to the same formula as its predecessors. I suspect that novices or those with a casual interest won’t be impressed with its style over substance approach to filmmaking. In spite of the fact that I haven’t found much merit in the majority of Resident Evil films, I still manage to own each and every one. Go figure. The truth is that good, bad, or otherwise, I find them entertaining. At the end of the day it is simply a matter of preference I suppose.

Replay Value:

Parental Guide:

The rating is for strong sequences of strong violence throughout.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

UHD Presentation: 88
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color & WCG:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

Dolby Atmos Rating: 100

• Level of immersion:
  • Soundstage integration:
  • Audio object placement:
  • Effectiveness:
  • Entertainment factor:

Ultra HD Blu-ray has finally been released and eager enthusiasts are ready and willing to see what it has to offer. For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link:

Ultra HD Blu-ray Has Come to AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 2160pHEVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 69 Mbps and lossless Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible) sound.

For its presentation in Ultra HD, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter was rendered from a 5K source and finished on a 4K DI. With the limited exposure to Ultra HD either sourced from 2K or 4K Digital Intermediates we are left to judge based upon what we have seen thus far.

The film was shot with a specific visual aesthetic in mind and that comes through in both its 1080p and Ultra HD presentations. This isn't an overtly colorful film however its palate of sepia tones and variants of blue/red benefited from UHD's wider color gamut, appearing noticeably warmer and pleasing to the eye. Resolution gets a slight boost although the differences between the UHD and 1080p renderings are closer than I would have liked. Close-ups tend to be better refined with resolvable texture on surfaces and physical features being a bit easier to detect.

Early in the film there is intermittent use of visual elements that utilize high dynamic range. Once things kick off, beginning with the large assault at the gate, followed later by the incursion at the Hive, there is excellent use of HDR where bright elements looked appreciably vibrant, and alternatively, low level sequences had excellent depth of field and emboldened contrast. The scene where Alice is separated from the group in the bowels of the Hive and faces off against the hybrid puts everything together nicely, featuring deep, detailed blacks, offset by vivid, natural looking highlights, that on occasion, make for eye blinking contrasts. Viewing Resident Evil: The Final Chapter in Ultra HD wasn't a significantly different viewing experience from its 1080p counterpart, however I found it to be an appreciable improvement that elevated the source material.

In listening to the Dolby Atmos surround mix I found it to be of the active variety that made steady use of the platform. Its use of audio objects is a mix atmospherics, discrete effects and music. This is done to very good effect and creates a tangible level of immersion that coincides with the onscreen events nicely. During the first act, there are several instances where the mix generates a noticeable improvement in dimension and depth of field. The assault at the gate contains a host of sounds that utilize the overhead channels, creating a wonderfully immersive, and involving listening experience. While this sequence sounds very good in the standard mix it's taken to the next level in the Amos mix, providing an idea of what the presentation has in store.

This continues with the film’s action based sequences, such as the entry/incursion at the Have, that convey the breadth/expanse of interiors and exterior venues as the track bristles with enveloping ambience and discretely placed effects. Overall, I would say that viewing Resident Evil: The Final Chapter in Ultra HD with the Dolby Atmos mix definitely heightened the experience of watching the film.

Blu-ray Video:

Video: 94

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Audio: 96
  • Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialog Reproduction:

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter comes to Blu-ray Disc from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 28 Mbps and lossless DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound that has an average bitrate of 4.6 Mbps.

This film has an intentionally dark and singular chromatic visual style that doesn’t lend itself to vibrant colors and vivid high gloss video quality. There are instances where brighter elements are utilized and the boldly applied contrast allows them to pop visually. Otherwise onscreen images predominantly lean toward darker color schemes, and grittier textures that provide the look that the filmmakers use to drive the story’s components. This is done to good effect. Shadow delineation is excellent overall and revealing of visible details within dark backgrounds and low lighting. Stable contrast and deep blacks allow scenes containing mixed content to appear gradationally satisfying with crisp whites and dynamic highlights. Resolution is discerning as images are characterized by intricate and definitively rendered detail that gives the video appreciable dimension and delineated texture. This is a solid high definition presentation that looked great on my large screen.

This 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack is aggressive and features an active surround mix that has extended dynamic range that positively renders the bombastic nature of the elements in the recording. The action based sequences transform the listening area into a three-dimensional sound field filled via immersive surround activity that mates perfectly with the events unfolding onscreen. Low frequency effects produce deep resonating bass that rumbles with tactile authority. Dialog is reproduced with lucid expression, and exacting clarity that imparts just the slightest hint of sibilance in the upper registers. This is an involving, and dynamically rewarding sound design that features high level sonic detail, excellent directional correlation, and rhythmically charged bass. My advice is to crank this one up, sit back and enjoy.

Bonus Features:
  • Disc 1: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Ultra HD Blu-ray
    Disc 2: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Blu-ray
  • Explore the Hive Featurette
  • The Baddass Trinity & The Women of Resident Evil
  • Retaliation Mode
  • Sneak Peek: Resident Evil: Vendetta
  • Stunts & Weaponry Featurette
  • Digital HD Copy

Final Thoughts:

Based on the popular Capcom game the Resident Evil film franchise has garnered a loyal following that eagerly awaits each release. I wouldn’t paint myself as a loyal follower however I just happen to own each of the films in the series. Since the original release each installment has been a little worse than the one preceding it. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter is the sixth and final film in the series. Like its predecessors, it favors style over substance that is no better or worse while closing out Alice’s story.

It comes to Blu-ray from Sony Pictures Home Entertaining in this Ultra HD Combo Pack that enhances the image quality while invigorating the listening experience with a noteworthy Dolby Atmos immersive sound mix. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter is on par with what we have come to expect from the franchise, and the addition of Ultra HD/Dolby Atmos takes it up a notch, so if you’re a diehard fan this may worth considering for your Ultra HD Blu-ray collection. If not, the Blu-ray offering is top notch, so the bases are covered from a technical standpoint.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV8802A 13.2 Channel Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
B&K Reference 200.7 Series 2 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
SVS PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
SVS SB-13 Ultra (Piano Gloss finish)
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package
DeadEd and darthray like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 572
Nice review, I plan on picking it up next week, I got a cheap deal on the box set of the previous films for mine as well finish it out. I will say this about the series, while none of them have been standouts as great movies, they all do serve as a passable action/horror movies. Nothing special but watchable, and you really do have to give credit where credit is due, this is the ONLY video game based movie(s) that have even made any decent money, much less warranted major studio sequels. Personally I think that ANY studio thinking of turning a video game into a movie, regardless of video game genre, should study the Resident Evil movies very closely, because there is something they have done right that NO other video game based movie has done right. What they did correctly is that they didn't attempt to tackle the ENTIRE story of a single game or even explain the entire world to the movie goer. They started with the name and then sprinkled in bits and pieces of the story and the lore, but they didn't attempt to cram it all in at one go. That's why it works, you can't fit and entire games story in 2 hours you just can't. Just use a few key pieces and build your movie on that, if it does well THEN add more as you go. Warcraft was a mess because they tried to explain all the characters and introduce l these players from the game, had they narrowed their focus to say on point of conflict and used that it would have made a more interesting and less busy movie.
DeadEd likes this.
post #3 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 08:01 AM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 86
We LOVE Milla-- she can do no Evil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2104 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
I wasn't planning on picking this up, but any time you give audio a 100 rating I know I will watch it more than once.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #5 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Liked: 3570
Good deal Ralph! I have this coming and am excited to hear the audio!
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #6 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 604
"The one constant, which depending on your point of view may be all that matters, has been the action."

The things you missed Ralph are Milla's great legs and those green/blue eyes. Her screen presents is what has always carried the movies for me.
I missed the theater release so I'll be picking this disc up soon.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Sony XBR75-X940D, Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
HSU Research 5.2 speaker system (4) HB-1 MK2, (1) HC-1 MK2, (2) STF-2,
Klipsch HT500 satellites (4) for ceiling mounted ATMOS playback
DIY Linux desktop w/Strawberry bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
post #7 of 19 Old 05-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Thanks for mentioning that the standard blu is great, Ralph. Originally, I ordered the UHD/3D set from Amazon; however, they changed it to just standard UHD/Blu with no 3D. Seeing as I appreciate the 3D (was bummed when I got the last Underworld in just UHD without the 3D, where Amazon USA pulled the same thing about ordering a UHD/3D set, then sent me just the UHD...), I cancelled the UHD from Amazon USA and ordered the 3D set from Amazon UK. The 3D on the 2016 LG OLED's is fantastic and with your note about how good the standard blu is, it made my decision a no brainer.

I find your reviews quite educational, relevant and I thank you!
Ralph Potts likes this.

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-14-2017, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2246 Post(s)
Liked: 3252
Thanks for another great review!

Must buy on my part since I like the franchise.
Wow! 100% for Atmos.
Can't wait to get my Atmos going, but Operation Atmos/DTX:X has started in my house
I got 4 of these deliver this past Friday
https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-elevation

Once installed and paid for, I will get an extra power amp, and the final step, get a new AVP, more likely the Marantz AV7702mkII if still available. The prices on this one have finally started to drop here in Canada

Ray
post #9 of 19 Old 05-15-2017, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Thanks for another great review!

Must buy on my part since I like the franchise.
Wow! 100% for Atmos.
Can't wait to get my Atmos going, but Operation Atmos/DTX:X has started in my house
I got 4 of these deliver this past Friday
https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-elevation

Once installed and paid for, I will get an extra power amp, and the final step, get a new AVP, more likely the Marantz AV7702mkII if still available. The prices on this one have finally started to drop here in Canada

Ray
Ray, hoping you could provide a quick review on these speakers once you have them up and installed, I'm looked to add two Atmos speakers to the set up and these may be the easiest solution.
Thanks!

Sony XBR75x940D, Denon X4400H, Monolith 5X, PSA S3000i, Axiom M100s, VP180, QS8s, Klipsh R12SW, Polk MC60s, Sony UBP-X800, PS4 Pro
post #10 of 19 Old 05-15-2017, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspoar View Post
Ray, hoping you could provide a quick review on these speakers once you have them up and installed, I'm looked to add two Atmos speakers to the set up and these may be the easiest solution.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, for you and I.

It will be a little while

I am in no rush to this project properly, by getting those speakers now.
All I will do, is install them properly according to SVS instruction and Atmos instructions.
When money become available, it will be either the AVP or the extra amp, depending of the dollar exchange or deal on the AVP from Canadian site.
Then the last piece missing (amp or the AVP)

What, I can tell you at this point;
They seem to be very well build and heavy for there size, a sign of quality

Will edit and post a link for Canadian distributer, I dealt with them many time and always no problems.

Edit, as promises;
http://www.sonicboomaudio.com/speake...pair-p-72.html

Ray
post #11 of 19 Old 05-16-2017, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Unfortunately, for you and I.

It will be a little while

I am in no rush to this project properly, by getting those speakers now.
All I will do, is install them properly according to SVS instruction and Atmos instructions.
When money become available, it will be either the AVP or the extra amp, depending of the dollar exchange or deal on the AVP from Canadian site.
Then the last piece missing (amp or the AVP)

What, I can tell you at this point;
They seem to be very well build and heavy for there size, a sign of quality

Will edit and post a link for Canadian distributer, I dealt with them many time and always no problems.

Edit, as promises;
http://www.sonicboomaudio.com/speake...pair-p-72.html

Ray
Hopefully the wait will be short lived! Thanks for the link, and the information on the speakers....Very much appreciated. If I do pick up a set of these, I'll be sure to post my thoughts and post in a more appropriate thread. My apologies for hijacking this one, somewhat.

Ralph, thank you for another excellent review. I will add this one to the "buy later" list, hopefully when there may be a possible deal or price drop on this title.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Sony XBR75x940D, Denon X4400H, Monolith 5X, PSA S3000i, Axiom M100s, VP180, QS8s, Klipsh R12SW, Polk MC60s, Sony UBP-X800, PS4 Pro
post #12 of 19 Old 05-17-2017, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 628
My wife and I tried to watch this last night as we're both fans of the previous movies. We couldn't make it past 30 minutes. It was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while. The audio couldn't even save it, which I listened to in TrueHD 7.1 (no Atmos yet). I don't mind a lack of story if the action is done well, but I didn't feel if was done well at all. As silly as Retribution was, I felt it had some cool action sequences, especially the opening title scene. I expected more of the same essentially, but instead I felt like The Final Chapter is a step backwards in all aspects.

I couldn't get over how bad the camera work was, which was made worse by the overly spastic "cut every 2 seconds" editing. Seriously, did they hire an editor out of high school, especially with a name like Doobie White? I'm not one to be prone to motion sickness, but I actually developed a headache early on and the action sequences had so many cuts in them that I didn't have a clue what was going on half the time. Utterly lazy.

I'd seriously recommend renting if you're thinking about buying. I feel like I wasted money on my UHD copy.
G-Rex and Emaych like this.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo

Last edited by Big Brad; 05-17-2017 at 10:50 AM.
post #13 of 19 Old 05-21-2017, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
My wife and I tried to watch this last night as we're both fans of the previous movies. We couldn't make it past 30 minutes. It was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while. The audio couldn't even save it, which I listened to in TrueHD 7.1 (no Atmos yet). I don't mind a lack of story if the action is done well, but I didn't feel if was done well at all. As silly as Retribution was, I felt it had some cool action sequences, especially the opening title scene. I expected more of the same essentially, but instead I felt like The Final Chapter is a step backwards in all aspects.

I couldn't get over how bad the camera work was, which was made worse by the overly spastic "cut every 2 seconds" editing. Seriously, did they hire an editor out of high school, especially with a name like Doobie White? I'm not one to be prone to motion sickness, but I actually developed a headache early on and the action sequences had so many cuts in them that I didn't have a clue what was going on half the time. Utterly lazy.

I'd seriously recommend renting if you're thinking about buying. I feel like I wasted money on my UHD copy.
I rented this from VUDU last night so just 5.1 and my x3200 converted it to 7.1 and it's the best my system has sounded, I literally jumped a couple of times I was at -16 and I was getting some serious output.

I was almost nervous about speakers blowing out but what the heck that's what I bought them for, maybe I haven't been turning it up loud enough for my previous movies but even my surround sound speakers were putting out more than I ever heard before.

At least one time during the movie it sounded like they have max output coming from all speakers at once and it scared the crap out of me! They should do this in every movie. Even though the movie wasn't that great I have to buy it.

If anyone watches this movie crank it up.

My wife also complained about the camera work but I couldn't get over how good the sound was and surround mix.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #14 of 19 Old 05-23-2017, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mini review

I can see why this movie got 100% for Atmos.

On my 7.2 system, it sounded awesome and it is Loud.
This movie is all action, even too much for me, and I like action, totally none stop and maybe too much

That said, it is the least favorite on my part for the franchise.
But worth watching!
It explain a lot at the end of the show.

Worth at least a rental in my opinion.
Glad, I bought-it, when I get my Atmos going, I will watch-it again and some others with good score for Atmos

Ray
post #15 of 19 Old 05-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Watched the Blu-Ray last night on my 100" screen. The movie was fast paced and great sound bass and use of surround. Some scenes were a little too busy making it hard to see everything going on at once. It seemed it cut from scene to scene in a rapid succession. I felt this film was a good conclusion to the series. There were even quite a few jump scares in this that I was not expecting. The 7.1 DTS Master HD audio seemed to be louder in this film for the sound effects especially in the beginning. I had to turn the volume down. Shame on Sony omitting the Atmos soundtrack from the Blu-Ray
post #16 of 19 Old 05-24-2017, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Not much to say about this, I rented it because there was nothing else.

Just another "Post Apocalyptic Zombie Movie"

Dime a dozen...

I found it not really boring and mildly entertaining.
post #17 of 19 Old 05-25-2017, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post
The movie was fast paced and great sound bass and use of surround. Some scenes were a little too busy making it hard to see everything going on at once. It seemed it cut from scene to scene in a rapid succession.
Shame on Sony omitting the Atmos soundtrack from the Blu-Ray
There is an argument to be made that the "pace" of the movie was slowed considerably by the frenetic, even pathologically, radically comminuted shot structure. Rather than imparting a brisk conduction of the viewer through mounting involvement, this visual "style" immediately imposes an almost impenetrable strobe effect of aversive visual stimuli, which struck me as the hallmark of a very unsure filmmaker. This movie will severely challenge your resolve to find out what is here -- only competition that comes to mind in this realm is possibly HARDCORE HENRY -- but there the considerable intrigue as to how the shots were conceived of and executed, stands as adequate counterbalance to the headache-inducing visual style...
post #18 of 19 Old 06-24-2017, 10:02 AM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Liked: 3570
Finally watched this last night and I was disappointed a bit in the film. I was excited to see this one after how the last installment ended, but this one fell a bit flat for me. Good decision to return my Best Buy order and rent as it's nothing I'd watch again.

I wasn't all that blown away with the audio on the standard blu either. Wasn't bad, but nothing really memorable at the same time IMO.

Overall good rental, but glad I didn't buy.
post #19 of 19 Old 06-24-2017, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 6105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Finally watched this last night and I was disappointed a bit in the film. I was excited to see this one after how the last installment ended, but this one fell a bit flat for me. Good decision to return my Best Buy order and rent as it's nothing I'd watch again.

I wasn't all that blown away with the audio on the standard blu either. Wasn't bad, but nothing really memorable at the same time IMO.

Overall good rental, but glad I didn't buy.

Greetings,

I agree with your take on the film Todd. Meh...

I did enjoy the audio more than you though.

Regards,
Toe and darthray like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page