Mission Impossible Ultra HD Blu-ray Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
  • 1 Post By Ralph Potts
  • 1 Post By Cal1981
  • 2 Post By bobknavs
  • 2 Post By Ralph Potts
  • 1 Post By Dave Vaughn
  • 2 Post By Ralph Potts
  • 3 Post By audioguy
  • 1 Post By Mashie Saldana
  • 1 Post By javanpohl
  • 1 Post By Cal68

post #1 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked: 7043
Mission Impossible Ultra HD Blu-ray Review

Ralph Potts reviews the Ultra HD Blu-ray debut of the first installment in the Mission Impossible film series. Tom Cruise stars as IMF agent Ethan Hunt, who after coming under false suspicion of disloyalty, must discover and expose the real spy without the help of his organization.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/UHD Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Paramount - 1996
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Feature running time: 110 minutes
Genre: Action/Thriller

Disc Format: BD-66
Encoding: HEVC
Video Aspect: 2.40:1
Resolution: 2160p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, French/Spanish/Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Starring: Tom Cruise, Jon Voight, Henry Czerny, Emmanuelle Beart, Ving Rhames, Jean Reno, Vanessa Redgrave, Kristin Scott-Thomas
Directed by: Brian De Palma
Music by: Danny Elfman
Written by: David Koepp, Robert Towne
Region Code: A

Release Date: June 26, 2018

"Expect the Impossible"

My Take:

When U.S. government operative Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his mentor, Jim Phelps (Jon Voight), go on a covert assignment that takes a disastrous turn, Jim is killed, and Ethan becomes the prime murder suspect. Now a fugitive, Hunt recruits brilliant hacker Luther Stickell (Ving Rhames) and maverick pilot Franz Krieger (Jean Reno) to help him sneak into a heavily guarded CIA building to retrieve a confidential computer file that will prove his innocence.

Based on the popular television series Mission Impossible was quite the spy thriller when it was released nearly twenty-two years ago. I remember seeing it and liking the effects laden update to the show’s take on espionage. The narrative works although if you look closely you can see what’s coming but, that’s not a shortcoming in a film like this. The script primarily stays on point and Brian De Palma’s direction doesn’t waver, keeping the primary focus where it should be.

Despite its advancing age I think it holds up fairly well, featuring several entertaining set pieces that allow its star to show off his chops. Needless to say Mission Impossible took Tom Cruise’s career to new heights, especially within this genre. This film isn’t my favorite in the series but, then again, they all rank roughly about the same, which is so say, fairly entertaining and fun. I am glad that it has come to Ultra HD Blu-ray as it gave me an excuse to revisit it. The ride was worth it.

Replay Value:

Parental Guide:

The rating is for some intense action violence.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

UHD Presentation(HDR-10): 90
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

UHD Presentation (Dolby Vision): 90

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

Audio: 88

• Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialogue Reproduction:
  • DSU Rating * (non-rated element):

Mission Impossible comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray from Paramount Home Media Distribution featuring 2160pHEVC encoded video and lossless Dolby TrueHD 5.1 channel sound.

For its presentation on Ultra HD Blu-ray Mission Impossible was remastered from the original 35mm film elements and finished in 4K.

It's important to note that the ultimate goal for any release on home video is to present a film in the highest possible quality based upon its original elements. A film like Mission Impossible has an aesthetic that incorporates film grain and the use of optics that won't consistently result in the type of high gloss, tack-like sharpness of a film shot using digital cameras. This isn't a problem and shouldn't be seen as such.

Looking at the film's opening sequence, the improvement in depth, definition and color rendering was immediately noticeable. I was struck by the finer details present in the clothing and backgrounds. The exterior shots of Prague and London as well as the variety of earth tones and colors represented over the course of the film appeared noticeably more vivid and pleasing to the eye. The addition of high dynamic range added a tangible visual element that enriched both natural and artificial light. The car bombing and exploding fish tank sequences had excellent visual pop. This was the case during brightly lit exterior scenes also.

Dark highlights were rendered with excellent dimension especially when coupled with brighter visual elements, such as the extended train/helicopter/tunnel scene in the finale. The image isn't razor sharp and, there are intermittent issues with innate softening, but detail rendering is very good overall. Grain remains intact with predominantly natural rendering that occasionally takes on more emphasis. As I watched I felt as though I was rediscovering this film all over again. Hands down, this is the best Mission Impossible has ever looked on home video. Kudos to Paramount for giving this the treatment it deserves.

Dolby Vision vs HDR-10:

I utilize the TCL 55P607 UHD Dolby Vision HDR flat panel in my review system to enable me to compare the visual quality of titles that contained the Dolby Vision metadata versus its HDR-10 counterpart on the same disc. All titles are first watched via my JVC front projector. I then select specific scenes which are watched on the TCL, first via HDR-10 then via Dolby Vision. The TCL isn’t among the top tier flat panels with DV, however it came recommended by AVS Senior Editor Mark Henninger, and calibrates/performs extremely well for a set at its price point.

* The cumulative A/V score will still be based upon the HDR-10 rating, with the DV rating serving as informational only for now.*

Comparing the DV and HDR-10 presentations for Mission Impossible, I found the HDR renderings to essentially be the same. As I alluded to earlier, this film’s elements are lent to bright color and on occasion, vibrant highlights, however the subtleties that are present lie in the warm accents and reproduction of secondary hues. Switching back and forth between the DV and HDR-10 renderings yielded minute differences that are probably more subjective and not enough to warrant a rating difference.

Paramount saw fit to provide a lossless 5.1 channel soundtrack which offers a much-needed improvement over the previous lossy Dolby Digital track. The 5.1 channel Dolby TrueHD sound is quite good and makes active use of the entire system. This is a solid presentation that brings out the best in this 20 plus year old recording. It features noteworthy dynamic range and punchy bass that augment the impact associated with the films action-based elements and music. The mix facilitates seamless integration of the front and rear channels, creating a stable and proportioned listening experience. The surround channels are actively engaged with a blend of discretely placed sounds and spatial ambience. Dialog it reproduced with aplomb as I never had any trouble with prioritization even during the film's active segments.

For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link:

Ultra HD Blu-ray Has Come to AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Bonus Features:
  • Disc 1: Mission Impossible Ultra HD Blu-ray
  • Disc 2: Mission Impossible Blu-ray
  • Legacy Bonus Material
  • Digital Copy

Final Thoughts:

Based on the television series created by Bruce Geller Mission Impossible was a genre bending thriller at the time of its release. Twenty-one plus years later it holds up quite well and is still an entertaining watching experience. It’s making its Ultra HD Blu-ray debut in this Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack from Paramount Home Media Distribution featuring transformative video quality, engaging and complimentary lossless surround sound and legacy bonus material. If you’re a fan this offering presents Mission Impossible in its finest light since coming to home video and is a must have.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV7704 Audio/Video Processor
Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3 Seven Channel Amplifier
Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3 Amplifier
Oppo UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
Dual SVS PC4000 Cylinder Subwoofers
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
AC Infinity Aircom T8 Component Cooling Systems
nathanddrews likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews

Last edited by Ralph Potts; 06-21-2018 at 03:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 834
While the VFX were 2K this was a new 4K master derived from the original 35mm not an upconversion.

Sony 77A9G / Sony STR-ZA5000ES / Martin Logan Motion 40i w/AFX (Front), Motion 50XTi, Motion 40i w/AFX (Rear) / REL HT/1508 / Bluesound Node2i / AppleTV 4K / ShieldTV Pro (2020) / 170TB Media Server
post #3 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
I have the seven season Mission Impossible TV series DVD set and still occasionally watch some of my favorite episodes. When the Tom Cruise reboot of MI came out I really enjoyed it. It had a lot of what made the TV series so good and having Jim Phelps back was nice. I do have the first 4 movie Blu-ray set and Rogue Nation as a standalone. I'll probably get the 4Ks of MI-1, Ghost Protocol (which is a terrific film) and Rogue Nation. I'm not sure about MIs 2 and 3. They didn't strike me as being up to the same level of quality writing as the movie before it and those after it. It sounds like the 4K of MI-1 is more than a slight A/V quality upgrade from the Blu-ray, right Ralph?
Ralph Potts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2905 Post(s)
Liked: 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
(snip)

I'm not sure about MIs 2 and 3. They didn't strike me as being up to the same level of quality writing as the movie before it and those after it.

(snip)
I thought that the late Philip Seymour Hoffman was a great villain in MI 3.

MI 1 struck me as more of a deconstruction of the TV series than a continuation. I liked Ghost Protocol, but that was partly because I'm something of a Brad Bird (director) fan.
sdurani and dan4081 like this.
post #5 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
While the VFX were 2K this was a new 4K master derived from the original 35mm not an upconversion.
That sounds good. Where did you hear this?
post #6 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bruckheimer Fan View Post
Not sure if it should be considered gospel, but here you go:

http://realorfake4k.com/my-product/m...le-collection/
post #7 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
I have the seven season Mission Impossible TV series DVD set and still occasionally watch some of my favorite episodes. When the Tom Cruise reboot of MI came out I really enjoyed it. It had a lot of what made the TV series so good and having Jim Phelps back was nice. I do have the first 4 movie Blu-ray set and Rogue Nation as a standalone. I'll probably get the 4Ks of MI-1, Ghost Protocol (which is a terrific film) and Rogue Nation. I'm not sure about MIs 2 and 3. They didn't strike me as being up to the same level of quality writing as the movie before it and those after it. It sounds like the 4K of MI-1 is more than a slight A/V quality upgrade from the Blu-ray, right Ralph?
Greetings,

Right!

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #8 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bruckheimer Fan View Post
Quote:
Not sure if it should be considered gospel, but here you go:

http://realorfake4k.com/my-product/m...le-collection/
Greetings,

I didn't receive any documentation from the studio regarding how these were sourced so I erred on the side of them being upconversions. Truth be told they look good enough that I would suspect they were re-mastered but, I would hate to indicate that without verification.

Regards,
Balthazar2k4 and tenthplanet like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #9 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm really hoping for a 4K UHD box set at some point.
post #10 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

I didn't receive any documentation from the studio regarding how these were sourced so I erred on the side of them being upconversions. Truth be told they look good enough that I would suspect they were re-mastered but, I would hate to indicate that without verification.

Regards,

If it's not verified, wouldn't it be better to state that you do not know if the DI is 2K or 4K and suggest from what you've seen what you suspect it to be?

Other reviews have suggested it is a new 4K scan.

Wasn't this one finished on film, a 35mm intermediate? So, likely a new 4K scan of the film intermediate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #11 of 28 Old 06-20-2018, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2957
I believe it was a new 4K scan and looks it. My only gripe is the color timing is a bit different than the Blu-ray, specifically white, which is a tad too warm. This is apparent in the CIA headquarters scene...the walls aren't stark enough and when the CIA drone is walking back and forth from the bathroom, the scene looks a bit flat and "off." Overall, it's the best the film has looked on home video, that's for sure.

Great review Ralph.
tenthplanet likes this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #12 of 28 Old 06-21-2018, 12:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked: 4434
Thanks for the review Ralph That 4k disc list just keeps getting longer

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #13 of 28 Old 06-21-2018, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Greetings,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji888578 View Post
If it's not verified, wouldn't it be better to state that you do not know if the DI is 2K or 4K and suggest from what you've seen what you suspect it to be?

Other reviews have suggested it is a new 4K scan.

Wasn't this one finished on film, a 35mm intermediate? So, likely a new 4K scan of the film intermediate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I heard back yesterday and it was indeed remastered. Review updated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
I believe it was a new 4K scan and looks it. My only gripe is the color timing is a bit different than the Blu-ray, specifically white, which is a tad too warm. This is apparent in the CIA headquarters scene...the walls aren't stark enough and when the CIA drone is walking back and forth from the bathroom, the scene looks a bit flat and "off." Overall, it's the best the film has looked on home video, that's for sure.

Great review Ralph.
Thanks for chiming in Dave. Your feedback is always appreciated..

Regards,
nathanddrews and Dave Vaughn like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #14 of 28 Old 06-21-2018, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked: 4892
Another lost opportunity for an Atmos presentation. Which would have been my only reason to re-purchase this movie. Bummer!!
Ruppgu, ian c 2 and Nalleh like this.
post #15 of 28 Old 06-21-2018, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Liked: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Another lost opportunity for an Atmos presentation. Which would have been my only reason to re-purchase this movie. Bummer!!
Indeed, why go through the effort and only do half a job?
Nalleh likes this.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #16 of 28 Old 06-21-2018, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 654
Thanks for the review, this is going into my collection. The first MI was an incredible movie experience, definitely ranks up there in my movie-going history. I saw it in the theater several times. I'm really, really excited to get this movie and rewatch it. I haven't seen it since the DVD!

It looks like you all figured out (correctly) that this is a native 4K film scan. My dad had free subscriptions to CineFX and Computer Graphics World magazines (among others) due to the expensive CAD/rendering software he's been using since the early 90s and he would give me all the magazines. I enjoyed reading up on the deep-dives into the burgeoning CGI market. Below is an excerpt I found online from CFX. For context, this was 1996: Twister, Independence Day, Multiplicity (so many Keatons!), The Rock, Broken Arrow, Executive Decision, Dragonheart, Space Jam, Star Trek First Contact, Mars Attacks, James and the Giant Peach. All had really good effects for the time and all were finished on film. The DI was still uncommon and most digital effects work was printed and then finished on film. Miniatures, pyro, projection tricks, matte paintings, blue-screen rotoscoping, and early were all used in MI and MI2. While the digital effects aren't great by modern standards, the rest of the content is solid, unlike early/poor 1.5K/2K DIs that are bad across the board.

Quote:
Leading ILM on Mission: Impossible was visual effects supervisor John Knoll. In my chapter on Knoll in Masters of FX, he recounted the stunning old-school miniatures work for the dramatic helicopter/train sequence while also elaborating on how he approached the planning and storyboarding for the climax of the film. Plus, shots leading up to that sequence included a series of matte paintings achieved via projection mapping, something Knoll would continue to develop further, especially for the pod race in The Phantom Menace.
post #17 of 28 Old 06-21-2018, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked: 563
I love the first film but haven't bought it on anything post laserdisc. Glad to see that there's finally release that's doing the film justice.
Tim Glover likes this.
post #18 of 28 Old 06-21-2018, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have the HD-DVD of the first three. This was one of the few films where HD-DVD (with dolby digital plus) actually had a technical advantage over the blu. Will have to think whether I should upgrade.. it's enticing.

Proud Galactic Imperialist
post #19 of 28 Old 06-22-2018, 03:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Great review as usual Ralph. I think that this one goes on my UHD rental queue and then I'll decide if I want to get it. I never bought the bluray version because of the lossy sound.

Cal68
Ralph Potts likes this.

Cal68
post #20 of 28 Old 06-22-2018, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by iontyre View Post
I have the HD-DVD of the first three. This was one of the few films where HD-DVD (with dolby digital plus) actually had a technical advantage over the blu. Will have to think whether I should upgrade.. it's enticing.
LOL, my HD-DVD player bit the dust ... I have this on both HD-DVD and Laserdisc! I’ll probably get this one again.
post #21 of 28 Old 06-23-2018, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3682 Post(s)
Liked: 2615
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
I agree with you both. Unfortunately I will have to pass on this one too. Its a damn shame there is no Atmos.

God Bless!.
A good way to test your Iris on your projector is on the Spears and Munsil disc. Go to Video processing then select Luminance Loading. Don't stare directly at the lens but on an angle and you can actually see the Iris at work
post #22 of 28 Old 06-25-2018, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
I agree with you both. Unfortunately I will have to pass on this one too. Its a damn shame there is no Atmos.
I totally understand wanting an Atmos re-mix, but, that does require extra work as, the only MI film, so far, to have an Atmos (cinema) mix is Rogue Nation, (none of the others were released in Atmos in cinemas).

I would think the upgrade to 4K HDR and from DD5.1 to 24-bit Dolby True HD 5.1 would be worth it. ...they probably thought it would take too much time/effort/$ to remix it, whereas you could turn on the dolby surround upmixer if you want it that bad?
post #23 of 28 Old 06-25-2018, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3682 Post(s)
Liked: 2615
Quote:
I totally understand wanting an Atmos re-mix, but, that does require extra work as, the only MI film, so far, to have an Atmos (cinema) mix is Rogue Nation, (none of the others were released in Atmos in cinemas).

I would think the upgrade to 4K HDR and from DD5.1 to 24-bit Dolby True HD 5.1 would be worth it. ...they probably thought it would take too much time/effort/$ to remix it, whereas you could turn on the dolby surround upmixer if you want it that bad?

No I will keep my blu Ray copies.

Sent from my Nokia 1610

God Bless!.
A good way to test your Iris on your projector is on the Spears and Munsil disc. Go to Video processing then select Luminance Loading. Don't stare directly at the lens but on an angle and you can actually see the Iris at work
post #24 of 28 Old 06-25-2018, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 2059
Quote:
Well, they're charging for the 4k like they actually have taken the time/effort/$ for the audio track...
post #25 of 28 Old 06-25-2018, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 66
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229238...ef_=tt_dt_spec

Theatrical mix is DD 7.1.

Having said thst, parts 3 and 4 could have been remixed.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Panasonic DX-902B 4K HDR / 3D TV, Epson TW-9400W PRO 4K UHD / 3D (6050UBe) Projector, LG SN11RG 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos / DTS-X Soundbar, Benq EW3270U 4K HDR monitor, Panasonic UB820 (Dolby Vision/HDR10+), FireTV 4K Stick and Vero 4K+ OSMC 4K HDR / 3D Media Player.
post #26 of 28 Old 06-26-2018, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 4100 Post(s)
Liked: 3420
Jeeze, Paramount has screwed up this release's distribution pretty bad. Pretty much unobtainable on release day. Some places are showing a month's wait, some a week, some just say "sold out".
post #27 of 28 Old 06-26-2018, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Really kicking myself for not pre-ordering this. Looks like Amazon will have it in a week though.
post #28 of 28 Old 06-26-2018, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 4100 Post(s)
Liked: 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
Really kicking myself for not pre-ordering this. Looks like Amazon will have it in a week though.
I had it pre-ordered from both Amazon and BB, neither one shipped it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page