Avengers: Infinity War Ultra HD Blu-ray Review - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 406Likes

post #31 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Hey, speaking for all of us Americans, we can't tell the difference and even after you point this out there's still no difference
I suppose they should have made the already gigantic title card that said SCOTLAND at the start of the scene, flash or something
Ralph Potts and richardsim7 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
Liked: 1385
I'm looking forward to seeing this at home after seeing it in a theater that had terrible sound. Hopefully with the petitions and articles that are happening, someone at Disney will listen.
post #33 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig View Post
with the petitions and articles
where to sign up?

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 44
With the poor height info on the atmos track, should the DTS-HD track be better because how could of a job the dolby surround upmixer is?
post #35 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1623 Post(s)
Liked: 5661
Greetings,

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post
Note: As with other recent Disney releases on Blu-ray I found that I needed to set playback at volumes above where I normally listen. In this case I found it to be less of an increase, only requiring a 4db boost. Once there, it played back as expected with no signs of unwanted dynamic compression.

I see you only added this note to the bluray, so is the UHD finally free of this issue?
My comments pertain to the audio portion of both the DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (Atmos core) tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog8 View Post
With the weak "Dolby Atmouse" audio on these recent Disney releases, I'm going to need to see more opinions on the audio.

It sounds like this one has limited height channels and a 4db boost needed (which is an improvement versus the previous 10db I guess). What about LFE levels?
I didn't find the LFE issues to be unbalanced versus the track's overall output. In terms of response, I didn't find myself taken out of the film by something that sounded disproportionate based upon what was transpiring onscreen. That has been the case with instances in recent releases like Thor and Black Panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R View Post
I loved this movie and I didn't think I would. I thought it would be overcrowded both with characters and plot but I was wrong, it perfectly balanced its cast and story. I will buy the 4K disk for sure.

But I've been reading reviews of the VUDU 4K ATMOS version and most have stated that it's the typical Disney mix with too low volume levels, gimped bass, and little to no use of the overheads.

Why can't Disney learn its lesson? Maybe because of consumers like me who will buy their stuff regardless so they have no incentive to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
It's gimped.

WHY Disney...????

- Jason
Disney doesn't have a track record for full throttle sound designs that feature unfiltered low frequency effects. Not sure why this is the case and queries to them go unanswered. Looking at this track as a whole, after bringing the volume up, I didn't find it lacking in balance.

Quote:
No offense to Ralph is intended here with these comments. The review is extremely well written. However, I have some issues with reviewers giving the movie studios rave reviews for things like 4K resolution when:

* Film is fake4k not even mastered in 4K. It can't possibly have great 4K resolution. This should be noted *hard* in the UHD review. If I buy a UHD 4K video, I expect it to have great 4K not just great HDR.
* Film is watched on a small 100" screen with an eshift projector so maybe that's why the resolution is not really reviewed fairly. A much larger screen and a true 4K projector is probably going to look a ton different in this type of case.
* Disney is having all sorts of dynamic problems in audio lately and the review gives 5 stars to the atmos track without so much as even addressing this. I mean there are petitions and stuff going about this. This is either fixed in which case this review should discuss this or it's not fixed in which case this review should *hammer this hard* in negative points.

It seems like every UHD review is a 92, 94 etc. Why is no one giving fair reviews? If the UHD is fake 4K, then the video portion shouldn't be able to get more than a 50% in my opinion.
No offense taken. Not sure how many reviews you've read here but, not every UHD review is given scores above 90, nor did I give this Atmos track a 100. I am assuming that you have a "much larger screen and true 4K projector". See how you feel after you've played it back on your system.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
post #36 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Very nice review, Ralph. I have just ordered the 3D/2D version from the UK.
RobKnapp likes this.
post #37 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
No offense to Ralph is intended here with these comments. The review is extremely well written. However, I have some issues with reviewers giving the movie studios rave reviews for things like 4K resolution when:

* Film is fake4k not even mastered in 4K. It can't possibly have great 4K resolution. This should be noted *hard* in the UHD review. If I buy a UHD 4K video, I expect it to have great 4K not just great HDR.
* Film is watched on a small 100" screen with an eshift projector so maybe that's why the resolution is not really reviewed fairly. A much larger screen and a true 4K projector is probably going to look a ton different in this type of case.
* Disney is having all sorts of dynamic problems in audio lately and the review gives 5 stars to the atmos track without so much as even addressing this. I mean there are petitions and stuff going about this. This is either fixed in which case this review should discuss this or it's not fixed in which case this review should *hammer this hard* in negative points.

It seems like every UHD review is a 92, 94 etc. Why is no one giving fair reviews? If the UHD is fake 4K, then the video portion shouldn't be able to get more than a 50% in my opinion.
Professional reviewers get free movies from the studios. If they are always brutally honest they risk losing that perk. This is why I always put more stock in what regular folks have to say.

BTW both of the John Wick UHD discs have separate audio tracks for "late night listening". This seems like a much better option than screwing up the main track for everyone else.
post #38 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1623 Post(s)
Liked: 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantc View Post
Professional reviewers get free movies from the studios. If they are always brutally honest they risk losing that perk. This is why I always put more stock in what regular folks have to say.

BTW both of the John Wick UHD discs have separate audio tracks for "late night listening". This seems like a much better option than screwing up the main track for everyone else.
Greetings,

I have never had a studio question, complain or otherwise when I have given a release a poor review/rating, based either on the content or quality of a release. You of course are entitled to your opinion and use of references but, your assertion simply isn't true.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
post #39 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppgu View Post
Any comments on the display ratio? I for one, was extremely bummed to hear they cut it down from the imax ratio just to add the black bars.
Depends on whether it was the Directors call or not. We had some discussion on this in the CIH forum. If it was the Directors who wanted it to be shown in scope at home, then we should fully support that. We don't want the studios dictating what AR gets released. That road leads us to the abysmal "Pan and Scan" days where studios catered to what the uneducated masses wanted and not the artistic intent of the filmmaker. We should all want the AR we see to be the AR the filmmaker wants. Personally I have a zoom setting for 2.0:1 and 2.35:1 so I would be fine either way.

Last edited by jeahrens; 08-03-2018 at 09:47 AM.
post #40 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
Depends on whether it was the Directors call or not. We had some discussion on this in the CIH forum. If it was the Directors who wanted it to be shown in scope at home, then we should fully support that. We don't want the studios dictating what AR gets released. That road leads us to the abysmal "Pan and Scan" days where studios catered to what the uneducated masses wanted and not the artistic intent of the filmmaker. We should all want the AR we see to be the AR the filmmaker wants. Personally I have a zoom setting for 2.0:1 and 2.35:1 so I would be fine either way.
I completely agree that the studios shouldn't dictate creative decisions or contradict directors. The frustration largely comes from the fact that the Russos did say they thought the IMAX ratio was better for the movie, largely from a story and character standpoint of fitting so many different kinds of superheroes in the frame at one. They even did a 3-part series on youtube explaining the importance of filming the entire movie in the ratio instead of cherrypicking a few sequences in it.

I doubt the Russos were very involved in the home release at all considering they're in the midst of making the next movie, which gave Disney the opportunity to cut corners. The next one was filmed the same way so maybe they'll put their foot down next time.
Ruppgu and richardsim7 like this.

LG B7A
Pioneer VSX-832
Sony UBP-X700
Apple TV 4K
Xbox One S
post #41 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by connoralpha View Post
I completely agree that the studios shouldn't dictate creative decisions or contradict directors. The frustration largely comes from the fact that the Russos did say they thought the IMAX ratio was better for the movie, largely from a story and character standpoint of fitting so many different kinds of superheroes in the frame at one. They even did a 3-part series on youtube explaining the importance of filming the entire movie in the ratio instead of cherrypicking a few sequences in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azx4iYYXUto

I doubt the Russos were very involved in the home release at all considering they're in the midst of making the next movie, which gave Disney the opportunity to cut corners. The next one was filmed the same way so maybe they'll put their foot down next time.
I haven't seen this yet but I've heard reports of Thanos' head being partially cut off in certain scenes because of the ratio change. Any truth to this?

TV: LG B7A 65" Oled
AVR: Denon AVRX4300H
F/L: Emotiva Airmotiv T2, Center: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, Surround: Emotiva Airmotiv B1 x4, Atmos: Elac A4 x4, Subwoofer: PSA V1811, Actuator: Crowson x2
4k Player: Panasonic UB 820
post #42 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

I thought most movies were filmed at higher resolutions and mastered in 2k?
Isn't this because CGI is only at max in the 2k realm due to rendering limitations and if they mixed 2k CGI with 4k film it would look glaringly inferior?

So it's all in in 2k to match and then all upscaled to 4k?

EYES: Sony 75z9d
EARS: Klipsch: Front - RF7 | Center - RC7 | Side Surround - RF35 | Rear Surround - RS35
BRAIN: Marantz 8012
FOOD: Oppo BDP 103D: HD and 3D, SACD/CD | Sony UBP‑X700: 4K | Marantz 1975 6300 Turntable (Grado Blue Cartridge)
post #43 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppgu View Post
I haven't seen this yet but I've heard reports of Thanos' head being partially cut off in certain scenes because of the ratio change. Any truth to this?
Yes, his head was cropped in a few scenes.

LG B7A
Pioneer VSX-832
Sony UBP-X700
Apple TV 4K
Xbox One S
post #44 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Yes, his head was cropped in a few scenes.
Then I see myself waiting until next year's movie is released and the double dip version is released with both that hopefully has full IMAX ratios and the 3D versions included
richardsim7 likes this.

EYES: Sony 75z9d
EARS: Klipsch: Front - RF7 | Center - RC7 | Side Surround - RF35 | Rear Surround - RS35
BRAIN: Marantz 8012
FOOD: Oppo BDP 103D: HD and 3D, SACD/CD | Sony UBP‑X700: 4K | Marantz 1975 6300 Turntable (Grado Blue Cartridge)
post #45 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If that was against their wishes, then it's a shame.

I bring it up because even in today's climate we have people complaining about AR's not filling their 1.78:1 display. Like I said 2.0:1 IMAX would look just as good as all the Netflix stuff I watch in that AR, so I have no objection. Cropping the 2.0:1 to 1.78 though, I hope they avoid that. At least 2.39:1 is what the people who didn't see it in IMAX saw.
connoralpha likes this.

Last edited by jeahrens; 08-03-2018 at 12:03 PM.
post #46 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Not faulting your argument on the fact that a film that made over a billion dollars should be end to end 4K. Just commenting that even 4K end to end material compared on a 4K native projector vs the various shifting technologies, the native panel does not make a huge difference in unbiased comparisons at average seating distances. Also though the screen may be small, Ralph may sit quite close to it. Image immersion and the amount of detail we can discern is a product of both the image size and the distance from it.

To back up your point I recently sampled the Gladiator 4K UHD disc on my JVC RS520 (130" 2.35:1 screen at 9.5') the scenes with effects (composited at 2K) show noticeably less detail than the scenes they were able able to master at 4K.

Films shot end to end 4K like Blade Runner 2049 and Murder on the Orient Express are just gorgeous. Disney needs to step up their game.
AmerCa likes this.

post #47 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
If that was against there wishes, then it's a shame.

I bring it up because even in today's climate we have people complaining about AR's not filling their 1.78:1 display. Like I said 2.0:1 IMAX would look just as good as all the Netflix stuff I watch in that AR, so I have no objection. Cropping the 2.0:1 to 1.78 though, I hope they avoid that. At least 2.39:1 is what the people who didn't see it in IMAX saw.
I 100% agree with wanting the intended aspect ratio of any movie or tv show, and the fact that cropping is (slowly) being phased out of Netflix, HBO, etc. is one of the best things happening in home theater right now. Makes me wonder if Disney is saving the expanded ratio for this movie for their upcoming streaming service.

LG B7A
Pioneer VSX-832
Sony UBP-X700
Apple TV 4K
Xbox One S
post #48 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
Disney, if you're listening (we know you can hear us because nobody there could possibly be hearing impaired from these audio tracks)…
Sadly, my suspicion is that Disney couldn't care less about this board and other's that cater to more sophisticated AV users. We are not its target audience. The only people that could possibly make an impact on Disney's Marvel releases are those on the Marvel hierarchy. Of course since Marvel is now subservient to the Disney suits it's questionable whether even very vocal complaints raised by Kevin Feige and company would have any effect.
Tim Glover and allargon like this.
post #49 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing this at home after seeing it in a theater that had terrible sound. Hopefully with the petitions and articles that are happening, someone at Disney will listen.
don't get your hopes up too much besides the intentional crippling of not even including Dolby Vision..

Dolby Atmos is better of course, but not by much

I truly do wonder why DV is not included in the disc considering the streaming include both Atmos and Vision..

-+ I heard mono with my ears, stereo with my heart, but I heard surround with my soul - Unnamed
-+ My tastes are simple -- I am always satisfied with the best
-+ You ainÂt gotta like me, you just mad 'cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be!
post #50 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 4485 Post(s)
Liked: 2819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
No offense taken. Not sure how many reviews you've read here but, not every UHD review is given scores above 90, nor did I give this Atmos track a 100. I am assuming that you have a "much larger screen and true 4K projector". See how you feel after you've played it back on your system.
Yea, agreed I'll have to do that. As long as reviewers are giving these disney releases high marks and people are buying them, then there's no reason for them to make any changes. This is a grail type movie for many and to have the marvel and star wars franchises gimped in the audio department but reviews still giving glowing reviews for the UHD releases is extremely sad for me. If the audio was around say 2 stars for being severely gimped and then some discussion of this, that would have at least shown Disney that serious reviewers are noticing. Fake 4k on a 6k film for a UHD is similarly disappointing.
AmerCa likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #51 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwock5 View Post
I thought most movies were filmed at higher resolutions and mastered in 2k?
Isn't this because CGI is only at max in the 2k realm due to rendering limitations and if they mixed 2k CGI with 4k film it would look glaringly inferior?

So it's all in in 2k to match and then all upscaled to 4k?
This sounds ridiculous. The CGI can be rendered at any resolution they want. It takes year(s) to make a movie and rendering time can be anywhere from a few hours to a week or whatever but this is no excuse. Further, the CGI on transformers last knight was the only content that actually looked 4K in that movie. I consider this evidence that it's not a problem.

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #52 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Not faulting your argument on the fact that a film that made over a billion dollars should be end to end 4K. Just commenting that even 4K end to end material compared on a 4K native projector vs the various shifting technologies, the native panel does not make a huge difference in unbiased comparisons at average seating distances. Also though the screen may be small, Ralph may sit quite close to it. Image immersion and the amount of detail we can discern is a product of both the image size and the distance from it.
Since there are videos that *do* make a dramatic difference, I would expect that any movies that don't make a big difference get hammered hard in the resolution section of a UHD review, then. After all, if resolution is at the level of "cant really tell between 1080p", then that negates the whole point of 4K, so 4K resolution should be about 1 star.
ptelles likes this.

post #53 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 1401
Quote:
Yea, agreed I'll have to do that. As long as reviewers are giving these disney releases high marks and people are buying them, then there's no reason for them to make any changes. This is a grail type movie for many and to have the marvel and star wars franchises gimped in the audio department but reviews still giving glowing reviews for the UHD releases is extremely sad for me. If the audio was around say 2 stars for being severely gimped and then some discussion of this, that would have at least shown Disney that serious reviewers are noticing. Fake 4k on a 6k film for a UHD is similarly disappointing.
bluray.highdefdigest review excerpt for the audio track:

Spoiler!

The above was more in line with my experience in theaters (twice), although I'd label it more as disappointing. Probably the home release can get to the level of "satisfying".

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
post #54 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 124
did the digital copy with the uhd redeem in 4k?

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #55 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm confused your review says the 4k disc is actually a 2k? I read on IMDB that it had a 4k DI master format? Is that correct? I know most S/E are rendered in 2k realm then upscaled to 4k. Where did you get this info on the what the source is on this 4k blu ray?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756...ef_=tt_dt_spec

P55-C1, Oppo UDH-203, Pioneer AVR, Pioneer Speaker 7.2, Monster Home Theatre Reference PowerCenter, Amazon Basics HDMI cables
Calibration DIY Calman Enthusiast, C6 HDR Meter, AVLabs TPG, HD Fury, and meter profiled with X-Rite iPro2
post #56 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2221 Post(s)
Liked: 1749
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleNickySantoro View Post
I'm confused your review says the 4k disc is actually a 2k? I read on IMDB that it had a 4k DI master format? Is that correct? I know most S/E are rendered in 2k realm then upscaled to 4k. Where did you get this info on the what the source is on this 4k blu ray?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756...ef_=tt_dt_spec
IMDB is wrong on this one

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Philips BDP7502, AV.io 4K
Check out my video game movie edits
post #57 of 320 Old 08-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Soon Disney will also have a chance to release subpar releases of previous Fox entities... fun times ahead, folks!
morphinapg and hdtv316 like this.

NAD M17 (processor) + NAD M27 (multichannel amp)
REVEL CONCERTA2 (5.0 speakers) + SVS SB-2000 LIMITED EDITION (dual subwoofers)
PIONEER UDP-LX500 (uhd bd player)
LG OLED65C8 (oled tv)
post #58 of 320 Old 08-04-2018, 01:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c 2 View Post
where to sign up?
Id like to know too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
Sadly, my suspicion is that Disney couldn't care less about this board and other's that cater to more sophisticated AV users. We are not its target audience. The only people that could possibly make an impact on Disney's Marvel releases are those on the Marvel hierarchy. Of course since Marvel is now subservient to the Disney suits it's questionable whether even very vocal complaints raised by Kevin Feige and company would have any effect.
I believe your suspicion is correct. It is my belief too. I believe, thru combing thru pro mixing cites and other here-say, that they are more then likely putting what was first mixed in a proper cinema DCI compliant mixing room for the exhibition cinemas, then when it came time for the home version they put the same mix through a near-field set-up and make little touches. Lower the dynamics here and neuter it there. It CAN better a track though as made famous by Tron:Legacy. Home Theater mag did an interview with the director talking about doing just that. I digress.

Automatic programs are used too with Atmos mixs which is why some scenes just sound wrong and lack a human element. Its so obvious. Getting better though.

Hello Mr. Potts

I always love your reviews and all the hard work you put into them. But I seen on the BD you gave this 4/5 on dynamics yet called the track reference? I think a different term then Reference should be used for less then full marks.

I havn't watched this at home yet but I have a hunch. I will return and quote my comment with my opinion after I watch and listen but let me tell you this. On cnet there is an article on the proper sequence in which to watch all the Marvel Universe movies in which they unfolded on the correct time line and to prepare yourself for the upcoming releases. It was a lot of fun and I loved many if not most of the mixes.

https://www.cnet.com/pictures/watch-...e-right-order/

On my system anyway many if not most Marvel movies were great and sounded correct, all good, some great mixes for the most part until especially Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther. Something changed in their method. So different especially watching all those in one big long weekend. It really ticks me off. I hope that Infinity War is a bit better like you say Ralph. Im very excited to watch and listen in my theater.

Cheers
Jarod Reddig
AmerCa likes this.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest

Last edited by Reddig; 08-04-2018 at 01:33 AM.
post #59 of 320 Old 08-04-2018, 04:25 AM

Liked: 49
The review for infinity war on bluray.com about the soundquality, i quote: Like the companion Blu-ray's DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless soundtrack, Avengers: Infinity War's UHD Dolby Atmos audio presentation suffers Disney-itis, meaning a generalized low volume and reduction in low end output. So Disney did it again…
post #60 of 320 Old 08-04-2018, 04:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1658 Post(s)
Liked: 855
So Disney cut off the legs on this release too?
Well, I might hold fire and get it when the second film is released.. boxsets are always better value and besides, the Marvel movies tend to get restricted to Prime buyers only pretty quickly...
Thor for example is also a Prime buy only
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page