Deadpool 2 Ultra HD Blu-ray Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 63Likes

post #1 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1652 Post(s)
Liked: 5867
Deadpool 2 Ultra HD Blu-ray Review

Foul-mouthed mutant mercenary Wade Wilson (AKA. Deadpool), brings together a team of fellow mutant rogues to protect a young boy with supernatural abilities from the brutal, time-traveling cyborg, Cable.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/UHD Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: 20th Century Fox - 2018
MPAA Rating: R/Unrated
Feature running time: 119/133 minutes
Genre: Action/Fantasy

Disc Format: BD-66
Encoding: HEVC
Video Aspect: 2.39:1
Resolution: 2160p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby Atmos/Dolby TrueHD 7.1, English DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio, Spanish/French Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Zazie Beetz, Morena Baccarin, Julian Dennison, Jack Kesy, T.J. Miller, Brianna Hildebrand, Eddie Marsan
Directed by: David Leitch
Music by: Tyler Bates
Written by: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, Ryan Reynolds
Region Code: A

Release Date: August 21, 2018

"The Sequel to the First One"

My Take:

Wisecracking mercenary Deadpool meets Russell, an angry teenage mutant who lives at an orphanage. When Russell becomes the target of Cable -- a genetically enhanced soldier from the future -- Deadpool realizes that he'll need some help saving the boy from such a superior enemy. He soon joins forces with Bedlam, Shatterstar, Domino and other powerful mutants to protect young Russell from Cable and his advanced weaponry.

I am going to begin this review with some of my opening comments from my review of Deadpool as they apply to Deadpool 2.

I knew little about the character of Deadpool prior to first getting a glimpse of him in the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine. My son is familiar, and a fan, so when Deadpool was announced, and hit theaters, we were there opening weekend. There is no need to wax poetic about the plot or Deadpool's place in the Marvel Universe. As we have all been exposed now to a plethora of big screen incarnations of comic book characters brought to life. I think that Hollywood has been doing a pretty good job of late in that regard andDeadpool is no exception. Unabashedly crass, blissfully unconventional, and just downright loads of fun, Deadpool had me from the opening credits, and held on through to the end.

Needless to say, I took in Deadpool 2 on opening weekend and yeah, it’s a fun ride, beginning with the opening, right on through to the finale. Josh Brolin’s “Cable” is a scene stealer, not just for his straight man to Deadpool’s nonstop commentary but, for his great gadgets and spot on crusty cool guy, with a soft underbelly. I think I enjoyed the storyline in Deadpool a bit more but, there is much to like here as Ryan Reynolds treats us to his own particular way of unleashing Deadpool’s vernacular. I really liked Zazie Beetz’s in the role of Domino. She was the perfect blend of capable, cool and sexy.

The action is of the hand-to-hand, small-caliber weapons variety with some elements of big titan flash. Likes its predecessor, what makes Deadpool 2 so entertaining is the infusion of oodles of dialog that comes in the form of quips, one liners, references, and seemingly off-the-cuff remarks, that seem a perfect situational fit. Of course, it should be noted that Deadpool isn't the everyman's superhero, and purposefully so. His perspectives are skewed according to his scale, and his idea of justice is pretty left of center when compared to the typical hero archetypes we are accustomed to. At the end of the day that's fine by me, as I found his cheeky nature, incorrigible brashness, and over the top style to be refreshing.

As I noted with Deadpool and now with Deadpool 2, it isn't for everyone, but I reveled in its excellent production elements, eclectic take on the genre, and entertaining execution by the filmmakers and cast. This second go ‘round was every bit as fun as the first and I look forward seeing more of this character.

This Super Duper Cut of Deadpool 2 includes the Theatrical version and the 14 minute longer Unrated Cut which is a nice touch, especially for fans that can’t get enough of Deadpool’s schtick.

Replay Value:

Parental Guide:

The rating is for strong violence and language throughout, sexual references, graphic nudity and brief drug material.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

UHD Presentation: 92
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

Dolby Atmos Rating: 94

• Level of immersion:
  • Soundstage integration:
  • Audio object placement:
  • Effectiveness:
  • Entertainment factor:

Deadpool 2 comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment featuring 2160pHEVC encoded video and lossless Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1 channel sound.

For its presentation in Ultra HD Deadpool 2 (derived from 35mm and 3.4 K sources) was rendered from a 2K DI.

Deadpool 2 is a fantasy action film that adheres to relatively cooler chromatic schemes, with the exception of sequences that call for richer color to provide thematic emphasis, which doesn't make for especially eye- catching levels of color, but this Ultra HD rendering makes the most of its elements. With a noticeable increase in detail the image appears sharper when compared to the 1080p version. The plethora of close up camera shots reveal plenty of subtle refinement and textures within the image. Yellow, green, and blue pop quite nicely, reds are slightly tamped down and, whites appear bright and punchy.

The added dimension in the grays, blacks, and shadows gives the image excellent depth. The film’s exterior sequences with their overcast skies, moody visual aesthetic and razor sharpness looked terrific. The film has a variety of sequences that incorporate high dynamic range. I would have preferred better dynamic highlights, especially given the film’s plethora of explosions, fireballs etc. but, I wasn’t disappointed with the presentation in that regard. I thought that the contrast between the shadow details, bright flashes, firelight and glistening metal objects was eye catching.

The 1080p rendering of Deadpool 2 is quite good so the difference between the two isn't night and day, but overall, I was very pleased with this presentation, finding that it trumps the Blu-ray.

In listening to the Dolby Atmos soundtrack, I couldn’t help but think of how much I enjoyed the Atmos mix on Deadpool. From the film’s beginning right through until about 25 minutes in, when Deadpool and the kid reach the prison, there is no real use of overhead sounds, which was concerning. Once they arrive there it picks up and the track comes to life. Deadpool 2 has a top notch 7.1 channel surround mix so I wondered what the application of object placed sounds would add. I was very pleased with the mix is. The use of overhead sound objects elevates proportional correlation, adding a noticeable improvement by opening up the soundstage, elevating the perception of low level detail and seemingly offering broader dynamic range.

The film is loaded with atmospherics, off screen cues and discrete sound effects that when applied using the freedom of object-based placement adds an enriching layer to the soundtrack. This is noticeable during the extended battle at the prison and later during the convoy chase. I also felt that the new track added a tangible layer to low frequency effects providing improved depth that sounded terrific. All in all, this one delivers a solid home theater experience, exactly of the type you’d expect.

For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link:

Ultra HD Blu-ray Has Come to AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Blu-ray Video:

Video: 96

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Audio: 100
  • Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialog Reproduction:

Deadpool 2 comes to Blu-ray Disc from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video and lossless DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound.

This is an excellent high definition rendering that sports plenty of fine detail and crisp definition that provides discerning dimensional perspective. Colors range from warm and vivid to cool, reserved and almost tonally neutral. This is obviously a creative decision that draws definitive visual boundaries and works quite well. Contrast is strong and blacks are deep without compromise to delineation. Shadowy areas exhibit excellent depth of field and visible gradational stages. I didn’t see any signs of video degrading artifacts or extraneous compression related noise.

The Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (core accompanying the Atmos track) and DTS 7.1 Master Audio soundtracks contained in the Ultra HD and Blu-ray discs are demonstration quality and sure to please those who like to play their systems near reference. This recording has wide dynamic range and boasts superlative clarity and high level detail. Dialog is definitive and appreciably lucid through the center channel. Channel separation and imaging is excellent. This draws out both large and small sound elements and allows their directional correlation based upon the onscreen events to be spot on. The mix makes effective and often aggressive use of the surround channels to reproduce the spatial and discrete sounds contained in this demanding soundtrack. At times the listening position is bombarded with a combination of discretely placed near field and panning sound effects. The battle sequence at the prison followed by the extended convoy chase and engagement during the finale sound terrific as low frequency effects are applied with authority and occasionally provide room shuddering bass. This is an involving and noteworthy audio presentation that is guaranteed to give your system a workout.

Bonus Features:
  • Discs 1&2: Deadpool 2 Theatrical and Super Duper Cut Ultra HD
  • Discs 3&4: Deadpool 2 Theatrical and Super Duper Cut Blu-ray
  • Audio Commentary by Ryan Reynolds, David Leitch, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (Theatrical Version Only)
    • Gag Reel
    • Deleted/Extended Scenes
    • Until Your Face Hurts: Alt Takes
    • Deadpool’s Lips are Sealed: Secrets and Easter Eggs
    • The Most Important X-Force Member
    • Deadpool Family Values: Cast of Characters
    • David Leitch Not Lynch: Directing DP2
    • Roll with the Punches: Action and Stunts
    • The Deadpool Prison Experiment
    • Chess with Omega Red
    • Swole and Sexy
    • “3-Minute Monologue”
    • Audio Commentary by Ryan Reynolds, David Leitch, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (Theatrical Version Only)
    • Deadpool’s Fun Sack 2
    • Stills (28 Images)
  • Digital

Final Thoughts:

Much like its predecessor Deadpool 2 is an entertaining, albeit road less traveled, genre entry that is unabashedly crass, blissfully unconventional, and just downright loads of fun. It comes to Blu-ray in this Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment featuring excellent Ultra High Definition video, engaging lossless surround sound, including a rewarding Dolby Atmos mix, and a fan friendly supplemental offering. Deadpool 2 is a must own on Ultra HD/Blu-ray and comes highly recommended for fans.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV7704 Audio/Video Processor
Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3 Seven Channel Amplifier
Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3 Amplifier
Oppo UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
Dual SVS PC4000 Cylinder Subwoofers
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
AC Infinity Aircom T8 Component Cooling Systems
Toe, darthray, Cal1981 and 5 others like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Nice review Ralph. That initial 25 minutes with little use of overhead audio is very curious but it sounds like from that point on Deadpool 2 doesn't suffer from what Disney's recent Marvel releases have in terms of low volume and some deficits in overall dynamics. Is that a reasonable assessment? I picked up the 4K today and I'm actually going to listen to the commentary track for a change since Ryan Reynolds promises to be hilariously snarky. It's impressive that the package contains the theatrical and Super-Dooper versions on separate 4K and Blu-ray discs respectively.
post #3 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I really enjoyed this at the theater. Glad to hear the Atmos is really good. Will pick this up soon.

Great review as always!
Ralph Potts and darthray like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
Nice review Ralph. That initial 25 minutes with little use of overhead audio is very curious but it sounds like from that point on Deadpool 2 doesn't suffer from what Disney's recent Marvel releases have in terms of low volume and some deficits in overall dynamics. Is that a reasonable assessment? I picked up the 4K today and I'm actually going to listen to the commentary track for a change since Ryan Reynolds promises to be hilariously snarky. It's impressive that the package contains the theatrical and Super-Dooper versions on separate 4K and Blu-ray discs respectively.

Greetings,

Cal, that is indeed a reasonable assessment.

Regards,
darthray likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #5 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2050 Post(s)
Liked: 2890
Thanks for the review Ralph , will have to get this one too. After seeing it in the theater, I kind had a hunch I would have to
Ralph Potts likes this.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #6 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 3995 Post(s)
Liked: 3169
Omg

The Original AND EXTENDED Version included for both SD and 4K ! Makes you feel you got your monies worth. First half of the movie - OK, much preferred the second half - thanks for the review Ralph.

From the wife - `Where's the 3D Version?' `You mean I have to buy it separately, again!' `They could have left out one of the SD versions and put in the 3D disc!'

Sorry dear, no 3D version.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)

Last edited by p5browne; 08-21-2018 at 04:28 PM.
post #7 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 3072 Post(s)
Liked: 2033
Will watch this one tonight, watched the first last night which I still enjoy.

Thank you
God Bless

God Bless,
Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
post #8 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

Deadpool is Fox. Not Disney if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marantz SR7010 - Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 - SeymourAV 16:9 Premier 130" XD - JVC DLA-RS540 - 7.2.4 - L/C/R DIY Fusion 15 Sentinel - Surrounds RSL CG3 - Ceiling Polk RC80i - Dual UM-18s in sealed 4 cu ft with bridged Crown XLS 2002s
post #9 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2140 Post(s)
Liked: 3058
Thanks to all, that have seen this movie, and your inputs.

Also got mine, today on the 4K version
Loved the first one that I also change from the BD version to 4K, and could not wait for this one, to be release.

With the first one, the Studio thought, they were making a big gamble for not having a PG rating.
I am glad, they stock to the R rating on this one, as well

Ray
Ralph Potts and Franin like this.

Last edited by darthray; 08-22-2018 at 06:51 AM.
post #10 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Just picked up my copy. Watching it tonight.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #11 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2202 Post(s)
Liked: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimo View Post
Deadpool is Fox. Not Disney if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're not mistaken.

I don't understand the business relationships. It's a Marvel Studios movie, and Disney owns Marvel Studios.

It's not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
post #12 of 68 Old 08-21-2018, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 127
It was a fun movie. Was nice to see this at home. The Atmos track was surprisingly good.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Spoiler!
post #13 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 545
For those that have seen both... which version (Super Duper/Theatrical) of the film should someone see as their first viewing?
post #14 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppgu View Post
For those that have seen both... which version (Super Duper/Theatrical) of the film should someone see as their first viewing?
I would say Theatrical. Super Duper isn't just a longer version, they also change a few things.
darthray likes this.

post #15 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
You're not mistaken. I don't understand the business relationships. It's a Marvel Studios movie, and Disney owns Marvel Studios. It's not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Well... Technically/legally as of this moment they are separated, but with Disney set up to buy Fox and bring X-Men, etc. back into the fold as early as next spring, there is a VERY real goal of colliding universes. Per CEO Iger, those IPs will be brought into the MCU. If you think about it, everything is primed for a shakeup in the MCU with Thanos, etc. If you follow comic books at all - especially Deadpool - you know there are different universes/dimensions that often cross over.

As for this movie, I think Cable was the best thing about it. I have a lot riding on Cable - he was one of my favorite characters back when I used to read comics with a great story and lots of depth. Casting Brolin was a great choice and I hope he gets his own standalone movie or at least an X-Force movie. DP2 was probably as good as DP1, but the newness had kind of worn off I think. Also, the effects work was not quite as good as the first, so there were some scenes that really stuck out to me as below average. They also stepped down to a 2K DI for DP2. DP1 used a 4K DI. But I'm sure they had to make some budget cuts to expand the cast and for all the added effects.
post #16 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2140 Post(s)
Liked: 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppgu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post
I would say Theatrical. Super Duper isn't just a longer version, they also change a few things.

Thanks for the info, good to know

Ray
post #17 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Watched the super duper cut last night. This might be the 1st time where I say that the theatrical cut was the better cut...imo.
darthray and dnoonie like this.
post #18 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
You're not mistaken.

I don't understand the business relationships. It's a Marvel Studios movie, and Disney owns Marvel Studios.

Marvel spun out certain characters years ago when they weren't the behemoth they are today. Xmen, Deadpool, cable, fantastic four, ... belong to fox. They are part of the Marvel Universe but disney can't just go make an Xmen movie.

Marantz SR7010 - Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 - SeymourAV 16:9 Premier 130" XD - JVC DLA-RS540 - 7.2.4 - L/C/R DIY Fusion 15 Sentinel - Surrounds RSL CG3 - Ceiling Polk RC80i - Dual UM-18s in sealed 4 cu ft with bridged Crown XLS 2002s
post #19 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post
Well... Technically/legally as of this moment they are separated, but with Disney set up to buy Fox and bring X-Men, etc. back into the fold as early as next spring, there is a VERY real goal of colliding universes. Per CEO Iger, those IPs will be brought into the MCU. If you think about it, everything is primed for a shakeup in the MCU with Thanos, etc. If you follow comic books at all - especially Deadpool - you know there are different universes/dimensions that often cross over.

As for this movie, I think Cable was the best thing about it. I have a lot riding on Cable - he was one of my favorite characters back when I used to read comics with a great story and lots of depth. Casting Brolin was a great choice and I hope he gets his own standalone movie or at least an X-Force movie.
If the Disney/Fox deal happens we can look forward to more Marvel releases with audio that doesn't live up to expectations. Oh boy I can't wait.
Brolin was indeed excellent as Cable and he also gave a fine performance as Thanos in Avengers Infinity War. Even with the CG overlay, his Thanos came across as more than a one dimensional villain. There were flashes of genuine humanity at times.
Ralph Potts and Rengozu like this.
post #20 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 3995 Post(s)
Liked: 3169
No Disney Movie Reward Points for Dealpool and Deadpool 2 .

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
post #21 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Thanks Ralph for great review again.

Are there still many rude dialog/sex scenes with many F words as seen in EP1? I actually really don't like EP1 because of that. My son heard of this movie from his friends at school and asked for watching for few times. I said NO. It was disgusting. It is a public movie with so many young audiences. I think both actors and director should be careful on what they put on screen. Think about the influence on next generation instead of just making profit.
post #22 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post

Are there still many rude dialog/sex scenes with many F words as seen in EP1? I actually really don't like EP1 because of that. My son heard of this movie from his friends at school and asked for watching for few times. I said NO. It was disgusting. It is a public movie with so many young audiences. I think both actors and director should be careful on what they put on screen. Think about the influence on next generation instead of just making profit.
No sex scenes. There is nudity. Lots of profanity.
Roudan likes this.
post #23 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 246
so DP2 doesn't have Dolby Vision ? didn't the first one have DV ?

Ralph scored the PQ pretty highly (92) so I don't know if DV would have made a difference, but still a little disappointing DV isn't an option
Ruppgu likes this.
post #24 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
You're not mistaken.

All you need to know is that this movie is released and distributed by Fox. That means it is not affected by Disney's audio problems.
post #25 of 68 Old 08-22-2018, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
so DP2 doesn't have Dolby Vision ? didn't the first one have DV ?

Ralph scored the PQ pretty highly (92) so I don't know if DV would have made a difference, but still a little disappointing DV isn't an option

Greetings,

The Ultra HD release of Deadpool film didn't have Dolby Vision. I am not certain if I've yet seen a Fox release that supported DV. I agree that it would have been a nice option.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #26 of 68 Old 08-23-2018, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 548
The "Going Yentl" line by Reynolds stands out to me.
post #27 of 68 Old 08-23-2018, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post

Not every movie made is for the entire family. This is rated R, so people know what to expect. It is the parents responsibility to monitor their children's

viewing habits, etc. I for one, would not welcome a society where everything is censored to be as unoffensive as possible. My Grandson also wanted to see the
first one. I explained it isn't suitable for children, and he was disappointed but understood there many other movies he could watch.
post #28 of 68 Old 08-23-2018, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 2086 Post(s)
Liked: 2251
^^^^^^^

This!!
post #29 of 68 Old 08-23-2018, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

The Ultra HD release of Deadpool film didn't have Dolby Vision. I am not certain if I've yet seen a Fox release that supported DV. I agree that it would have been a nice option.

Regards,

thanks Ralph, I stand corrected
post #30 of 68 Old 08-23-2018, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
thanks Ralph, I stand corrected
Greetings,