Green Book Ultra HD Blu-ray Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 102Likes

post #1 of 53 Old 02-22-2019, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1683 Post(s)
Liked: 6118
Green Book Ultra HD Blu-ray Review

Ralph Potts reviews Green Book, a film inspired by a true friendship that transcended race, class, and the 1962 Mason-Dixon line.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/UHD Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Universal - 2018
MPAA Rating: PB-13
Feature running time: 130 minutes
Genre: Drama

Disc Format: BD-66
Encoding: HEVC
Video Aspect: 2.00:1
Resolution: 2160p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1, French DTS 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Starring: Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali, Linda Cardellini
Directed by: Peter Farrelly
Music by: Kris Bowers
Written by: Nick Vallelonga, Brian Currie, Peter Farrelly
Region Code: A,B,C

Release Date: March 12, 2019

"It Takes Courage to Change People’s Hearts"

Synopsis:

“Dr Don Shirley is a world-class African-American pianist, who is about to embark on a concert tour in the Deep South in 1962. In need of a driver and protection, Shirley recruits a tough-talking bouncer from an Italian-American neighborhood in the Bronx. Despite their differences, the two men soon develop an unexpected bond while confronting racism and danger in an era of segregation.” – Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

My Take:

When Tony Lip (Mortensen), a bouncer from an Italian-American neighborhood in the Bronx, is hired to drive Dr. Don Shirley (Ali), a world-class Black pianist, on a concert tour from Manhattan to the Deep South, they must rely on The Green Book to guide them to the few establishments that were then safe for African-Americans. Confronted with racism, danger as well as unexpected humanity and humor—they are forced to set aside differences to survive and thrive on the journey of a lifetime.

Inspired by a true story Green Book is a wonderful period film that tells the story of two very different man, both culturally and ethically, who find themselves brought together by necessity at a time when such pairings were looked upon as being well outside of the boundaries of standard conduct. I really loved this story. Not only because of its basis in reality but, for its universal appeal as a story about acceptance, friendship and the unlikely ties that bind.

I thought that the performances by both Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali were outstanding. I thought that their chemistry onscreen is what truly solidified the film’s narrative impact. The script, which was co-written by Nick Vallelonga, Tony “Lip” Vallelonga’s son maintained excellent balance as it paid homage to both men, in recounting the wonderful start to a lifelong friendship.

Green Book is the winner of three 2019 Golden Globe® awards including Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Mahersala Ali and Best Screenplay. I thoroughly enjoyed Green Book and look forward to sitting down with it again.

Replay Value:

Parental Guide:

The rating is for thematic content, language, including racial epithets, smoking, some violence and suggestive content.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

UHD Presentation: 92
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

Dolby Atmos Rating: 92

• Level of immersion:
  • Soundstage integration:
  • Audio object placement:
  • Effectiveness of Atmos platform:
  • Entertainment factor:

Green Book comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 2160pHEVC encoded video and lossless Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1 channel sound.

For its presentation in Ultra HD, Green Book was derived from a 3.4K source, rendered from a 2K DI and up-converted to 4K. Green Book is a period-based film that has a specific visual aesthetic which comes through quite naturally in this Ultra HD rendering. With a discernible increase in detail and depth the image appears more vivid and lifelike when compared to the 1080p version, which is solid in its own right. Primary colors such red and green are pleasingly rich while whites appear gradational and delineated. The film contains a host of sequences that take place in low lit interiors, and the increased dimension in blacks and shadows is appreciable. Close ups reveal oodles of fine detail and abounding textures. Wide angle shots of the city, movie theater, and the holding chamber, look great in Ultra HD.

I found the application of high dynamic range to be spot on and quite complimentary. The rendering of natural and artificial light via its discernible stages and incremental highlights is one of the presentation's big pluses. This is noticeable during the sun splashed exterior sequences and, several of the interior venues featured in the story. The film utilizes sepia, teal schemed color and an overall a warm chromatic aesthetic that is faithfully reproduced. I found instances where the image softened, depending on the camera angle, however this appears to be innate, as it is present in both the Ultra HD, and 1080p renderings.

The difference between viewing Green Book in high definition and Ultra HD isn't night and day, but it assuredly benefitted from the increase in resolution, wide color gamut and subtle high dynamic range treatment. Overall, I was pleased with this presentation.

Dolby Atmos:

In listening to the Dolby Atmos surround mix I found it to be fairly active, which considering the source material was quite welcoming. In general, its use of audio objects placed above is limited to atmospherics and occasional panning fills. This is done to good effect when implemented and created an enriching level of immersion. Where the Atmos presentation excelled was in the use of object-based sounds during the film’s musical set pieces and the handling of interior/exterior venue replication. When called upon its ability to render acoustics, point to point imaging and expanding the breadth of the soundstage never disappointed. I found this to be an enjoyable audio presentation that absolutely complimented the source material.

For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link:

Ultra HD Blu-ray Has Come to AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Blu-ray Video:

Video: 96

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Audio: 90

• Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialog Reproduction:
  • DSU/DTS Neural:X Rating * (non-rated element): NA

Green Book comes to Blu-ray Disc from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video and Dolby Atmos/True HD 7.1 channel sound.

This is an excellent high definition rendering that sports plenty of fine detail and crisp definition that provides discerning dimensional perspective. Colors range from warm and vivid to cool, reserved and almost tonally neutral. This is obviously a creative decision that draws definitive visual boundaries and works quite well. Contrast is strong and blacks are deep without compromise to delineation. Shadowy areas exhibit excellent depth of field and visible gradational stages. The various wide-angle shots of the shooting locations look terrific. Other than some innate softening, I didn’t see any signs of video degrading artifacts or extraneous compression related noise. Green Book looks great on Blu-ray.

This is primarily a dialog driven film however there are elements in the film that require use of the entire system so its ability to clearly render them is essential. Dialog is reproduced with transparent realism and lucid texture as it is appropriately balanced within the front soundstage. The 7.1 channel (Dolby Atmos core) surround mix utilizes the entire platform to recreate the many acoustic sounds associated with the environments portrayed onscreen. The surrounds contain a mixture of spatial ambience/musical extension as well as directional panning cues that effectively support the front soundstage. There is a solid low end that occasionally underscores the film’s thematic elements and its presence of noteworthy. This is a complimentary audio presentation that mates well with the source material.

Bonus Features:
  • Disc 1: Green Book Ultra HD Blu-ray
  • Disc 2: Green Book Blu-ray
    • Virtuoso Performances– Go behind the scenes with Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali as they discuss their characters and the lengths they went to accurately portray them.
    • An Unforgettable Friendship – Cast and filmmakers discuss the friendship between Don Shirley and Tony Lip.
    • Going Beyond the Green Book – Filmmakers and cast discuss the significance of The Green Book.
  • Digital Copy

Final Thoughts:

Inspired by a true story Green Book is a wonderful period film that tells the story of two very different man, both culturally and ethically, who find themselves brought together by necessity at a time when such pairings were looked upon as being well outside of the boundaries of standard conduct. I found its compelling narrative, terrific performances and apt direction to be spot on and wholly gratifying. It comes to Blu-ray from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment featuring excellent overall video quality and complimentary sound, which includes a Dolby Atmos immersive mix. Green Book is a must see film that comes highly recommended on Blu-ray.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV7704 Audio/Video Processor
Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3 Seven Channel Amplifier
Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3 Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
Dual SVS PC4000 Cylinder Subwoofers
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
AC Infinity Aircom T8 Component Cooling Systems
Summa, darthray, gbaby and 1 others like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 02-22-2019, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Liked: 2070
The acting is great in this, I enjoyed it as much as you did, 2 thumbs up

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS

If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
post #3 of 53 Old 02-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Thanks Ralph. This is an underrated movie. My wife & I loved it. It's an excellent movie and unlike many Hollywood true story films, this one is based on facts. Highly recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 Old 02-22-2019, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked: 2286
We couldn't agree more Ralph. Excellent film with outstanding acting by the entire cast. Mortensen was the standout to me...he really impressed me a lot.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #5 of 53 Old 02-22-2019, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 1076
Wonderful movie with superb performances by Ali and Mortensen. It's touching, serious and funny at times. A shout out also goes to Linda Cardellini who makes the most of every minute that she's onscreen.
post #6 of 53 Old 02-22-2019, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Man, I love when you guys give positive reviews and recommendations on movies I probably wouldn't have heard of or watched without. This looks like a great watch.

JMAX Home Theatre
Spoiler!
post #7 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 3775
Great movie !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #8 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengozu View Post
Man, I love when you guys give positive reviews and recommendations on movies I probably wouldn't have heard of or watched without. This looks like a great watch.
I agree 100% with the above statement. As I have said several times before on this forum, Ralph has introduced me to so many movies that I would never have even known about if not for his reviews. I'm putting this movie on my rental queue right away. Thanks again Ralph.

Cal68
Ralph Potts, tenthplanet and MRAYB like this.

Cal68
post #9 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Looks like a fine movie, just not sure the casting of Viggo Mortensen (Danish decent) as an Italain American? Don't get me wrong, Viggo Mortensen is a fine actor and to be fair I have not watched the movie, but there are so many fine Italian American actors that really could have played the part.
post #10 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick granato View Post
Looks like a fine movie, just not sure the casting of Viggo Mortensen (Danish decent) as an Italain American? Don't get me wrong, Viggo Mortensen is a fine actor and to be fair I have not watched the movie, but there are so many fine Italian American actors that really could have played the part.
He is outstanding in the role and nails the accent perfectly.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #11 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post
I agree 100% with the above statement. As I have said several times before on this forum, Ralph has introduced me to so many movies that I would never have even known about if not for his reviews. I'm putting this movie on my rental queue right away. Thanks again Ralph.

Cal68
Greetings,

You're quite welcome Cal. Hope you enjoy it!

Regards,
tenthplanet likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #12 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
He is outstanding in the role and nails the accent perfectly.
Greetings,

As Dave says, there is no issue with his portrayal whatsoever. I couldn't say what the reason was for his casting other than the fact that he is a fine actor and extremely capable.

Regards,
tenthplanet likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #13 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by edved1 View Post
Thanks Ralph. This is an underrated movie. My wife & I loved it. It's an excellent movie and unlike many Hollywood true story films, this one is based on facts. Highly recommended.

Respects to everyone's opinion and I would like to encourage all to read some additional information around this movie and it's events.

How 'Green Book' And The Hollywood Machine Swallowed Donald Shirley Whole

https://shadowandact.com/the-real-do...wallowed-whole

Don Shirley's Family Questions Green Book's Accuracy

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...tory-accuracy/
nathan_h likes this.
post #14 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Ralph/Dave-I will just have to watch it and judge for myself. I guess it's probably not like casting Betty White instead of Mahershala Ali!
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #15 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Really looking forward to this movie... have seen so many great comments!

Oh... from Viggo's Wikipedia page "When Mortensen was 11 and his brothers 8 and 6, their parents divorced and they and their mother returned to New York, where Viggo spent the rest of his childhood, graduating from Watertown High School in Watertown in 1976."

Watertown is my hometown... and I graduated from the same school in 1993.

Thanks for the review Ralph!

tenthplanet and RagtopFE like this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #16 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool-aid23 View Post
Respects to everyone's opinion and I would like to encourage all to read some additional information around this movie and it's events.

How 'Green Book' And The Hollywood Machine Swallowed Donald Shirley Whole

https://shadowandact.com/the-real-do...wallowed-whole

Don Shirley's Family Questions Green Book's Accuracy

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...tory-accuracy/
It clearly states that the film is "Inspired by True Events," not "This is a documentary and is 100% fact." That being said, you may find it telling that the good doctor left NOTHING of his estate to his family. Also, some of their claims have been debunked by video and audio evidence.

Regardless of the actual true happenings, I took the movie for what it was and found it very entertaining.

post #17 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 466
We saw this at the Movie Theater and enjoyed it immensely. I'd vote for it for Best Film at the Oscars, but I keep hearing this is the "Crossover Year", and that the Netflix movie "Roma" is the main candidate.

Bah Humbug.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
post #18 of 53 Old 02-23-2019, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked: 1663
Quote:
I think that they should have cast a Native American (Indian, for us traditionalists) to make up for all of the Italian Americans cast as Indians.

More seriously, I think that ethnicity should be ignored in most casting choices. Obviously, some nerves shouldn't be touched (blackface, for example).

I haven't seen the film yet myself. I'm a little surprised at the reviews here, as I've read some less positive "professional" reviews. I'll certainly give it a spin.
post #19 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Considering that this film is written by Tony's son, I won't completely discount this as total fiction. I don't know why we should count Don Shirley's family opinion more than Tony's.
Dave Vaughn and Ralph Potts like this.
post #20 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by edved1 View Post
Based on facts? No it's not. It's based on some serious slanting by Tony Vallelonga's son, Nick who is a co-writer on the film. The performances were very good and the story was enjoyable but this movie is not based on facts. Stop with that nonsense.
post #21 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJoy View Post
Considering that this film is written by Tony's son, I won't completely discount this as total fiction. I don't know why we should count Don Shirley's family opinion more than Tony's.
We should count Don Shirley's family opinion because that's HIS FAMILY and their opinion didn't seem to matter at all when it came to making this movie.. That's pretty common sense. It's not about his family's opinion counting more than Tony's but it needs to be valued. He's a major part of the story so there opinion counts.
edved1 likes this.

Last edited by mldardy; 02-24-2019 at 01:11 PM.
post #22 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldardy View Post
Based on facts? No it's not. It's based on some serious slanting by Tony Vallelonga's son, Nick who is a co-writer on the film. The performances were very good and the story was enjoyable but this movie is not based on facts. Stop with that nonsense.
I thought this to be a fairly good representation of fact vs fiction, but you are free to interpret it any way you wish.

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/green-book/
post #23 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
We should count Don Shirley's family opinion because that's HIS FAMILY and their opinion didn't seem to matter at all when it came to making this movie.. That's pretty common sense. It's not about his family's opinion counting more than Tony's but it needs to be valued. He's a major part of the story so there opinion counts.
From what I've read, none of his family was placed in his will (which says something). His estate was left to friends. Furthermore, his family states that he and Tony had a "boss/worker" relationship, though there are videos and audio tapes of the doctor himself stating that he and Tony were in fact "friends" from the time he was his driver. What this smells like to me from his remaining family members is sour grapes in that they didn't get any $$$$ from him or his story. Do I think the account is 100% fact? Absolutely not...there are multiple sides to every story depending on who is telling it and rarely do any of these stories match up 100% with the facts. It's one of the reasons why "eye witness" accounts of crimes are generally not the most valuable compared to forensic or unaltered video/audio of the event.

post #24 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
From what I've read, none of his family was placed in his will (which says something). His estate was left to friends. Furthermore, his family states that he and Tony had a "boss/worker" relationship, though there are videos and audio tapes of the doctor himself stating that he and Tony were in fact "friends" from the time he was his driver. What this smells like to me from his remaining family members is sour grapes in that they didn't get any $$$$ from him or his story. Do I think the account is 100% fact? Absolutely not...there are multiple sides to every story depending on who is telling it and rarely do any of these stories match up 100% with the facts. It's one of the reasons why "eye witness" accounts of crimes are generally not the most valuable compared to forensic or unaltered video/audio of the event.
It's still HIS FAMILY. Regardless of whether they were in his will or not, his family needs to be involved in this movie and they weren't. Instead it's told from the other main character's son only which is equally a slap in the face. It doesn't smell like sour grapes from the Shirley family. They weren't involved in the process of telling the story of a person that they know much better than Tony Vallelonga's son. You can't tell me that Tony Vallelonga's son could tell you more about than Don Shirley's family and they didn't know anything about him and couldn't provide some details of his life.
post #25 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Based on facts? No it's not. (snip)
"Based on facts" is the cinematic equivalent to a can of pears being "made with real pears". It may be a pound of pears to a peck of turnips. You want the can to contain pears, only. (Apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers, Murder Must Advertise.) It may be true, even if the film is mostly fiction.

I don't know if there is a legal "labeling" of a movie to declare it to be historically accurate.

Including the Shirleys in writing the script would have been a courtesy. If there is any significant contention over the facts in that family, it could have killed the movie. I don't know whether that was a factor.

Last edited by bobknavs; 02-24-2019 at 01:42 PM.
post #26 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 1172
Quote:
the whole idea of being an actor is the ability to play someone they are not, clearly the film makers thought Viggo was it, and could care less about silly wokeness.
Jive Turkey and rossandwendy like this.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun
post #27 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The film just won the Oscar for Best Picture.

I guess that it was more popular in the movie business than I realized.
Ralph Potts and MRAYB like this.
post #28 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Grats to the Best Picture winner! A day 1 purchase for me!
Ralph Potts and rossandwendy like this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #29 of 53 Old 02-24-2019, 10:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2176 Post(s)
Liked: 1441
I saw all the nominated Best Picture movies except The Favourite. I definitely thought this would win Best Picture and I'm glad it did.

Afro GT
post #30 of 53 Old 02-25-2019, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked: 508
I haven't seen any yet. Not yet on Amazon Prime or Netflix. But this is the one movie, besides the klansman flick, that I wanted to see once I saw the nomination. Congrats to all who made the film. I look forward to watching it.
Ralph Potts and tenthplanet like this.

Main: Mitsubishi 73736|OTA|fireTV|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|1-1000watt & 1-500watt DIY 12" Subs|2 Bass Shaker|APC H15 Power Conditioner|Harmony Hub|Sennheiser RS 160|SMSL B1 BT Rx|Linksys SE2500
MBR: Vizio VF550M|OTA|fireTV3|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Dayton SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin PF30|Harmony 550
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page