Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Ultra HD Blu-ray Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 140Likes

post #1 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 5888
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Ultra HD Blu-ray Review

Ralph Potts reviews the Ultra HD Blu-ray release of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the Academy Award winner for Best Animated Feature, that offers viewers a fresh vision of the Spider-Man universe with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/UHD Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Sony Pictures - 2018
MPAA Rating: PG
Feature running time: 117 minutes
Genre: Action/Fantasy

Disc Format: BD-66
Encoding: HEVC
Video Aspect: 2.39:1
Resolution: 2160p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1, DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio, French/Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, English SDH, Spanish French
Starring: Shameik Moore, Jake Johnson, Hailee Steinfeld, Mahershala Ali, Brian Tyree Henry, Lily Tomlin, Live Schrieber, Luna Lauren, Zoe Kravitz, Kathryn Hahn, John Mulaney, Nicholas Cage, Chris Pine
Directed by: Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Randy Rothman
Music by: Daniel Pemberton
Written by: Phil Lord and Rodney Rothman
Region Code: A,B,C

Release Date: March 19, 2019

"Anyone Can Wear the Mask"

Synopsis:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse comes from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, with a groundbreaking visual style that the first of its kind and, introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the iconic mask.” – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

My Take:

As a youngster I was a big Spider-Man fan. This was actually born first out of watching the cartoon series on TV then going on to read the comics. Spidey was and is easy to like and the character has a transcendent appeal that has endured. When the first film series come out, I was initially skeptical about how effectively he could be brought to the big screen. The various iterations have had their strengths and weaknesses but, all in all, I have enjoyed them.

I was intrigued when I learned of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. It would be the Spider-Man’s first animated feature film and, I liked the idea of a re-imagining of the character. When it was released in theaters last year my 24-year-old son, who is a big Spider-Man fan, was there on day one. He thought it was extremely well done and loved it.

I sat down with it with high expectations, not only because of my son’s reports but, because it won a Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse lived up to the hype. The differing narrative spin regarding the opening of the space time continuum which draws Spider-Man’s counterparts from differing time periods aka the “Spider-Verse. The narrative is not only refreshing in its conceptual approach but from a visual standpoint as well, feeling like a three-dimensional motion comic of sorts. Lastly, it opens the door for further exploration via its tweak of the Spider-Man mythos. I thoroughly enjoyed Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

Replay Value:

Parental Guide:

The rating is for frenetic sequences of animated action violence, thematic elements, and mild language.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

UHD Presentation: 100
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

Dolby Atmos Rating: 100

• Level of immersion:
  • Soundstage integration:
  • Audio object placement:
  • Effectiveness of Atmos platform:
  • Entertainment factor:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 2160pHEVC encoded video and lossless Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1 channel sound.

I wasn’t able to determine whether Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was rendered from a 4K or 2K DI for its presentation on Ultra HD Blu-ray. Digital animation tends to look quite good in high definition so I couldn't help but have preconceived notions regarding a positive viewing experience of this film in Ultra HD, especially given its unique visual aesthetic.

In terms of resolution the differences between the 1080p and Ultra HD renderings are apparent as there is a noticeably finer texture in the minutia, especially in the characteristics/physical makeup of the characters. This also applied to backgrounds which emphasized depth of field. The image has lots of pop as the expanded color gamut and emboldened dynamic range draw out the film’s bright chromatic palate and use of contrast. Whites are gradational and bright and the monochromatic grays, blues and black featured in the sequences with limited lighting, of which there are many, are multi-staged and dimensional in appearance.
The application of HDR added a complimentary and defining element that proved eye-catching.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse looks in terrific 1080p and the Ultra HD rendering, while not a staggering improvement, enhances its many attributes, making for a visually stimulating and top-notch video presentation.

Dolby Atmos:

In listening to the Dolby Atmos surround mix I found it to be of the active variety that makes effective use of the platform. This film is tailor made for immersive sound as the blend of audio objects placed in the height channels contains atmospherics and discrete effects. At times it creates a tangible level of 3D immersion that is attention grabbing.

The extended scene, early in the film, where Miles meets Spider-Man during the battle with The Green Goblin opens the door to what to expect as the various sounds/effects turn the room into a multi-dimensional listening space. The mix effectively places effects/sounds within the soundstage which place you within the scene, in turn, adding an enriching element that heightens the intended feeling like something is passing overhead, traveling through the room, or emanating from a specific location.

There are both large set pieces and smaller/brief sequences/moments that show off this well-crafted immersive sound design. Everything comes together during the final act’s encounter as sounds rotate and revolve around the soundstage from both above and at ear level. I enjoyed the balance of atmosphere, discrete object placement and room energizing bass. I think that it complimented the source material, and made for an entertaining and invigorating listening experience.

For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link:

Ultra HD Blu-ray Has Come to AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Blu-ray Video:

Video: 100

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Audio: 100

• Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialog Reproduction:
  • DSU/DTS Neural:X Rating * (non-rated element): NA

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse comes to Blu-ray Disc from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video and lossless DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound.

This is a stunning and reference quality high definition presentation that delivers flawless imagery. The video quality is visually arresting in its depiction of the film’s animated elements. Detail and definition is impeccably rendered as images have a luminous and sparkling clarity that is appreciably three dimensional. It never left me wanting for fine degrees of subtle delineation and texture. The attention to detail in the construction of the animated characters physical features as well as objects within each frame is superb. I couldn’t get over the depth of the beautifully rendered colors. Colors are deeply saturated with lustrous vibrancy and succulent textures that literally leap off of the screen. Primaries are particularly striking and exhibit visible gradational stages that bring out subtle degrees of separation.

Each of the characters has distinctive physical qualities that are attributable to them not only in size and shape but color as well. Blacks are inky with extended dynamic range and deep gradational highlights. The dark and shadow filled environs featured in the story exhibit a near infinite level of dimension, with superb contrast and visible shading that drew out lots of detail. I loved this high definition presentation and thoroughly enjoyed viewing it on my big screen.

The Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (Dolby Atmos core available on the UHD only) and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound is reference quality and sounds superb. This animated film uses an intricate sound design that has to maintain a delicate balance so the plethora of sound effects, music and dialogue within the soundtrack can be clearly and easily interpreted by the audience. Dialogue is distinctly perceptible and well-articulated so that even subtle changes in the inflection of the voices among the cast was detectable.

Sound effects are accurately placed within the sound field and establish a tight correlation between the onscreen information and what is being heard within the listening environment. This creates an immersive, active and involving soundscape that is abundantly rich in detail. Its wide dynamic range can go from subtle, intricate control to room energizing dynamism.

Low frequencies underscore sound effects and reinforce the dynamic impact of the audio. Response is authoritative, clean and on occasion prodigious as it fills the room with deep, tactile, low level bass energy. I found this to be a superlative mix that creates a stable and immersive surround sound experience that achieves excellent balance so that all of the elements inherent in the recording can be realized.

Bonus Features:
  • Disc 1: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Ultra HD Blu-ray
  • Disc 2: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    • We Are Spider-Man: Exploring and celebrating one of the key themes of the film, We Are Spider-Man takes a deep dive into the diversity of the characters and aspirational core that any person from any gender or cultural background can wear the mask.
    • Spider-Verse: A New Dimension: With a stunning visual style and state of the art animation designed to take the viewer into the pages of a comic, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is not only a love letter to comic books but a groundbreaking take on the super hero genre. Hear from the artists and filmmakers who pushed the boundaries of the artform as they discuss their journey.
    • The Ultimate Comics Cast: Enjoy this showcase of all of the fan favorite characters featured in the Spider-Verse and the spectacular cast who were chosen to bring them to life.
    • A Tribute to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko: Celebrate the amazing legacy and powerful spirit of the creators of Spider-Man.
    • The Spider-Verse Super-Fan Easter Egg Challenge: The Spider-Verse is loaded with Easter Eggs, from cameos to comics references. Fans are challenged to find them all!
    • Designing Cinematic Comics Characters: A breakdown of all aspects of the character design including costume, movement in animation, and distinct powers for each character.
    o Heroes & Hams: Meet the amazing Spider-people of the Spider-Verse.
    o Scorpions and Scoundrels: Explore the classic villains who wreak havoc on the Spider-Verse.
    • Alternate Universe Mode: In this all-new viewing experience, discover alternate scenes, plotlines, characters, and more with the filmmakers as your guide.
    • 2 Lyric Videos
    o “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee
    o “Familia” by Nicki Minaj & Anuel AA (feat. Bantu)
    • All-New Original Short “Spider-Ham: Caught In a Ham” It's another normal day for Peter Porker, a.k.a. the Spectacular Spider-Ham, fighting bad guys and loving hot dogs, until a mysterious portal starts messing with the very fabric of his cartoon reality.
  • Digital Copy

Final Thoughts:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is a refreshing and conceptually interesting animated feature film based on the iconic comic character. I loved its contemporary story that appropriately paid homage to Spider-Man’s roots while building upon the innate potential of why he remains popular today. It comes to Blu-ray in this Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment featuring audio/video quality that has earned it, the very rare, 100s across the board and, a fan friendly supplemental package that is well worth exploring. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse comes highly recommended on Blu-ray.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV7704 Audio/Video Processor
Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3 Seven Channel Amplifier
Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3 Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
Dual SVS PC4000 Cylinder Subwoofers
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
AC Infinity Aircom T8 Component Cooling Systems
Rgb, WOLVERNOLE, Toe and 7 others like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews

Last edited by Ralph Potts; 08-07-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8920 Post(s)
Liked: 15722
One of my favorite movies ever, what a treat!

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #3 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Great review as always, can't wait to pick this up on bluray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Couldn't agree more; I think I saw it thrice in theaters!
Ralph Potts and Jacob92175 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Same, this was a day one purchase either way - super excited about this review!
Ralph Potts and Jacob92175 like this.
post #5 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I didn't get a chance to catch this in theaters, and didn't read early reviews while it was there, but I blind pre-ordered the UHD copy knowing it would be a reference presentation, and a joy to watch. Can't wait for it to ship!
Ralph Potts and JediMindTrick like this.
post #6 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Another +1

I've already watched the digital 4k and I can't wait to give the 4k disc a try. Watching this on an OLED TV is truly a treat. It's the most visually stunning movie I've seen on my OLED and it's not even close.
post #7 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Perfect review! :O

I've only seen the UHD download off Vudu so far but will be grabbing the disc later today. Now while I absolutely loved the movie, did the animation style hurt anyone else's eyes? Got used to the choppy (think Lego Movie) style at times no problem, but the blurry background images that kinda look like 3D does when you don't wear the glasses . . . Man, those did a number on me at times. Found it to be distracting at times even. I know it's the animation style and hoping my second watch (on disc) is better, but I constantly found myself staring at the background trying to focus where there shouldn't be.

Other than the art blinding me, was one of my favorite watches it quite some time.

JMAX Home Theatre
Spoiler!
post #8 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I am in the 'Loved This Movie'. Everything about it is just about perfect. Was skeptical before it started, but found myself drawn into the story and could not stop watching. Brilliant!
Ralph Potts and DenverMDM like this.

Home Theatre and Audio Nut.
Equipment: Yamaha RX-A3000 Receiver, Onkyo TX-RZ830 Receiver, LG Blu-Ray, LG UHD Blu-Ray, Screens (Samsung 75 Smart, Sharp 50 4K Smart Roku). We cut the cord and consume all entertainment over IP using a TPLink AC1750 Router. And a lot of great 2 channel vintage gear.
post #9 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengozu View Post
....Perfect review! :O

I've only seen the UHD download off Vudu so far but will be grabbing the disc later today. Now while I absolutely loved the movie, did the animation style hurt anyone else's eyes? Got used to the choppy (think Lego Movie) style at times no problem, but the blurry background images that kinda look like 3D does when you don't wear the glasses . . . Man, those did a number on me at times. Found it to be distracting at times even. I know it's the animation style and hoping my second watch (on disc) is better, but I constantly found myself staring at the background trying to focus where there shouldn't be.

Other than the art blinding me, was one of my favorite watches it quite some time.
No, you aren't the only one.

I went to the theater and saw this with my son (17) and I was so confused by the animation style that for a little while I thought we were watching the 3D version. I don't consider myself real old (51) and I have an open mind but I did find the animation style very difficult to get used to and didn't really settle into the movie until a good 30 minutes in. With that said, I thought the story was very well done and enjoyed that aspect of the movie, but I would rather not see this type of animation or at least maybe a toned down version would be better.
Rengozu likes this.
post #10 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Fantastic movie. After seeing it, I knew I wanted to see it on an OLED. Was going to get this either way but great review.
Ralph Potts and tenthplanet like this.

Spoiler!
post #11 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Quoted: 2446 Post(s)
Liked: 3276
WOW, 100/100 score ! Thanks, Ralph, ordered

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 8xJBL 12" BOSS - 4xJBL 12" w/SLAPS M12" VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
post #12 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
Couldn't agree more; I think I saw it thrice in theaters!

You think ?

You mean, you're not sure ?
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
post #13 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 44
So excited for this one! Is this the first perfect score of the new year?! My family for the last few years have seen one of the Star Wars films for Christmas Eve. This past year we saw this since there wasn’t a Star Wars in the theater. One of the best movies of the year and the visuals took me back to the Spider-Man comics I used to collect. I’m double dipping and getting this in 3D too. Marvel really is staying true to their roots of telling stories that everyone can relate to!
Ralph Potts likes this.

Dual Denon 5200’s for 9.1.4, Emotiva IPS-1, Crown XLS 1502, Aircom S10 cooling fans | Definitive Technology BP2002, CLR 2002, BP-2x and BPX surround and heights, PSA 3600i dual 18’s (1), PSA xs15se's (2) Definitive Technology PF15TL (2)| JVC RS500, Oppo UHD-203 player, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4242, Custom 150" screen with Seymour XD material, Nvidia Shield, Panamax 5200
post #14 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 995
Great review Ralph! Wow look at those numbers! After watching the snippet at the end of Venom I became very excited to see this. Im not a real big fan of hip hop but it goes perfectly with the angle of this movie and I can't wait to see it. Going to get it on UHD but wish there was a 3D release. Im not seeing an import 3D release either.
Ralph Potts likes this.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
post #15 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked: 690
This is a ground breaking animation style - Sony is planning to patent this style - very bold attempt by the studious BRAVO and many times draws you in as if you are reading a comic book. Never thought I will watch something like this in my lifetime.
The video and audio are off the charts good.
I watched it in Kaleidescape ATMOS 4K HDR (streaming audio cannot touch a UHD BD)- If a 200 score was possible I would give it that.
post #16 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Watched this via VUDU and as noted by Rengozu, spent the 1st half hour or so wondering if there was something wrong with my new TV or my own eyes. After reading that the effect was intentional, I was a bit relieved but still didn't care for the style. The colors seemed to be one of the best I've ever seen.

As for the the movie itself was great and played out true to the comic book approach.

Great review as usual Ralph.

My Gear:
Spoiler!
post #17 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Thanks for the review!

I'll be picking up the UHD as soon as I can watch it!

Cheers,

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
post #18 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2664 Post(s)
Liked: 3418
Wow! Going for the blind buy after that awesome review!
post #19 of 83 Old 03-12-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Getting this but too bad there is no 4k Steelbook from Bestbuy.
post #20 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocedeg View Post
You think ?

You mean, you're not sure ?
It could have been more!

The AMC A-list is a heckuva drug !
post #21 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post
Getting this but too bad there is no 4k Steelbook from Bestbuy.
There is one in Canada for sure (sold out very quickly, luckily I was able to pre-order). The product listing is still up on the .CA, don't see any on the .COM but I know sometimes BestBuy will pull product listings on sold out pre-order items (case in point 2 of the Captain America Steelbook re-issues only appeared for a couple days on .CA then sold out and got de-listed)

I wasn't able to catch this one in theater (plus our theaters here are horrendous) so I can't wait to get this next week!
post #22 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Based on this review, I had to pre-order this. I was definitely leaning towards buying it anyway because I know I'll like it, but this pushed me over the edge to actually do it. Should have the 4K UHD delivered on release day. Can't wait. Thanks Ralph!
post #23 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 46
This was way better than I expected it to be. Will buy, even if just as a reference disc to show off. Thanks as always for the review, Ralph.
Ralph Potts, tenthplanet and Ben23 like this.
post #24 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 634
We wanted to see this in theaters, but never got around to it. Based on this review, blind pre-ordered!
Ralph Potts, tenthplanet and Ben23 like this.
post #25 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 4743 Post(s)
Liked: 3529
Fortunately, I had pre-ordered this quite some time ago. (to Arrive 3/19). Now, after reading this review, I am quite anxious to check it out. At least I can't blame Ralph for this purchase.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #26 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 723
100/100 and an Oscar winner?

Just preordered.

Thanks Ralph!
Ralph Potts, richardsim7 and Ben23 like this.

LG B7A OLED 65” - ISF calibrated by Chad B 4/20/18 / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
My collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #27 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisPNW View Post
100/100 and an Oscar winner?

Just preordered.

Thanks Ralph!
Greetings,

Sure thing Travis. BTW - LOVE your avatar. Three O'Clock High is among my favs...!

Regards,
TravisPNW likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
post #28 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATheM View Post
There is one in Canada for sure (sold out very quickly, luckily I was able to pre-order).
I didn't have any interest in this for some reason, but now I can't wait to pick it up.

I'm a little disappointed that there is no U.S. Steelbook, but I'll still pick it up.
post #29 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Sure thing Travis. BTW - LOVE your avatar. Three O'Clock High is among my favs...!

Regards,

Haha! That's awesome! Yeah, if you look at my movie library you'll see quite a few 80's gems like this one.

I can watch that movie over and over and never get tired of it!
Ralph Potts likes this.

LG B7A OLED 65” - ISF calibrated by Chad B 4/20/18 / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
post #30 of 83 Old 03-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

I'm a little disappointed that there is no U.S. Steelbook, but I'll still pick it up.

Same here, but at the same time I'm really starting to lose faith in BB and their steelbooks. I'm no longer preordering for shipment... the last 2 both came in with dents with one of them literally looking like someone drove a truck over it. Not sure if it was BB or UPS but either way they got returned... then the return replacements both had a tiny scratch on them but I let it go because I'm just sick of dealing with it.

I preordered both Aquaman and Pet Sematary steelbooks today... for store pickup. I'll be opening them before I leave and any issues will be dealt with right there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page