Avengers: Endgame is Coming to Blu-ray - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #1 of 61 Old 06-26-2019, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Liked: 5730
Avengers: Endgame is Coming to Blu-ray

MARVEL STUDIOS’ CLIMACTIC CONCLUSION TO 22 FILMS AND ONE OF THE TOP FILMS OF ALL TIME

Marvel Studios’

Avengers: Endgame

Arrives on Digital July 30th, and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray Combo Packs on August 13th, 2019

Extras celebrate Stan Lee, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, the women of Marvel, the Russo brothers, deleted scenes and gags — and early Digital viewers receive an exclusive Steve and Peggy featurette

BURBANK, Calif. (June 26, 2019) — Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame,” the climactic conclusion to an unprecedented, 11-year cinematic journey in which the Avengers take one final stand against Thanos, delivered the biggest opening weekend in history and is currently one of the highest-grossing films of all time. On July 30, Avengers fans around the world are invited to assemble once more for the in-home release of “Avengers: Endgame” on Digital in HD, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere, followed by a physical release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand beginning Aug. 13.

Fans who bring home “Avengers: Endgame” will gain hours of additional screen time with their favorite cast members and filmmakers who have shaped the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Bonus features include a tribute to the great Stan Lee; the tale of Robert Downey Jr.’s casting as Iron Man; the evolution of Captain America; Black Widow’s dramatic story arc; directors Anthony and Joe Russo’s experience at the helm of both “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame”; the making of an epic battle scene with the women of the MCU; the creation of Bro Thor; deleted scenes; a gag reel and more.

The must-own, final chapter of the 22-film MCU series, “Avengers: Endgame,” will be packaged several ways to ensure fans get the most out of their in-home entertainment experience. Viewers can bring home the film two weeks early on Digital 4K Ultra HD, HD and SD and gain access to an exclusive extra highlighting the love story of Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Peggy Carter. A physical copy of “Avengers: Endgame” is available as a 4K Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and Digital Code), a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray and Digital Code) and a single DVD. Fans who wish to revisit all four films in the Avengers franchise may opt for a Digital bundle, which includes “Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame.”

BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Digital Exclusive:
• Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”

Blu-ray & Digital:
• Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
• Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
• A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
• Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow's journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
• The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history ... back-to-back!
• The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
• Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
• Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
• Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
• Visionary Intro - Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
• Audio Commentary - Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

DISC SPECIFICATIONS (applies to film content only):
Product SKUs: Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD+Blu-ray+Digital Code), Multi-Screen Edition (Blu- ray+Digital Code), Digital 4K Ultra HD (select retailers include Dolby Vision), HD, SD, DVD and On-Demand
Run Time: Approximately 181 minutes
Rating: PG-13
Audio: 4K UHD BD: English Dolby Atmos; Latin Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Latin Spanish & French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; DVD: English & Latin Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; 4K UHD Digital: English Dolby Atmos (some platforms), English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; SD Digital: English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: UHD: English SDH, Latin Spanish, French Canadian; BD: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish; DVD: English SDH, Latin Spanish; Digital: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish
Captions: English (on Digital and DVD SKUs)

Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame” stars Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Evans as Captain America, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, Paul Rudd as Ant-Man, Don Cheadle as War Machine, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Danai Gurira as Okoye and Bradley Cooper as Rocket with Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan, Benedict Wong as Wong and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Josh Brolin returns as the film’s infamous villain, Thanos.

Marvel Cinematic Universe characters restored to the universe in “Avengers: Endgame” include Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, Tom Holland as Spider-Man, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Evangeline Lilly as The Wasp, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Anthony Mackie as Falcon, Sebastian Stan as Winter Soldier, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Dave Bautista as Drax, Letitia Wright as Shuri, Angela Bassett as Ramonda, Michael Douglas as Hank Pym, Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet Van Dyne, Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Winston Duke as M’Baku, Linda Cardellini as Laura Barton, and Vin Diesel as Groot with Chris Pratt as Star-Lord and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. Reprising their roles, Rene Russo returns as Frigga, John Slattery as Howard Stark, Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, Marisa Tomei as Aunt May, Taika Waititi as Korg, William Hurt as Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross and Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce.

Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame” is directed by Emmy Award®–winning directors Anthony and Joe Russo from an original screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. Kevin Feige produced the film, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo, Trinh Tran, Jon Favreau, James Gunn and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.

Directors Anthony and Joe Russo’s creative team also includes director of photography Trent Opaloch (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Captain America: Civil War”); production designer Charles Wood (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Matrix”); editors Jeffrey Ford, ACE (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Captain America: Civil War”), and Matthew Schmidt (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”); three-time Oscar®–nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Captain America: Civil War”); Oscar-nominated visual effects supervisor Dan DeLeeuw (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Captain America: Civil War”); six-time Oscar nominee, special effects supervisor Dan Sudick (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Black Panther”); and stunt coordinator Monique Ganderton (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Atomic Blonde”).

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV7704 Audio/Video Processor
Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3 Seven Channel Amplifier
Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3 Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
Dual SVS PC4000 Cylinder Subwoofers
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
AC Infinity Aircom T8 Component Cooling Systems

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
For Sale: JVC DLA-RS500 w/EXTRAS - *REDUCED*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 06-26-2019, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hopefully it has high quality audio. Thor Ragnorak's audio on their 4K blu-ray was such an epic disappointment for me and Disney moves in general have been pretty meh.
post #3 of 61 Old 06-26-2019, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2063 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
Hopefully it has high quality audio. Thor Ragnorak's audio on their 4K blu-ray was such an epic disappointment for me and Disney moves in general have been pretty meh.
It’s pretty standard with Disney. It’s like they put a silencer on their audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 61 Old 06-26-2019, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I can hardly wait to re-watch this movie. I watched it on opening weekend at a Dolby Atmos theater but wasn't able to fully enjoy it due to it being so long (I need bathroom breaks) and of course annoying people.

Quote:
I didn't think it was too bad, considering it's a Disney movie. In fact, the menu is my go to for (quickly) showing off my subwoofers.

TV: TCL 75R615
Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR787 running in a 5.4.4 configuration
Speakers: Polk T Series
Subwoofers: Dual SVS PB12-NSD and dual SVS PB-1000.
Gaming Systems: PlayStation 4 Pro and Nintendo Switch.
post #5 of 61 Old 06-26-2019, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if it was just quieter. My main issue with it is that volume is inconsistent throughout the movie. Sometimes it's quiet and other times it jumps 10 decibels.
post #6 of 61 Old 06-26-2019, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Disney audio mixes have been better as of late but several of their major releases have equally major disappointing audio (Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, The Last Jedi, etc.).

Past performance = future results. I'm betting that Endgame will have gimped audio.

Marantz SR7010; Onkyo TX-RZ1100; LG 65UJ7700; LG 55B7A; JVC DLA-RS440U; Panoview 92" screen; Definitive Technology BP-8060ST; Definitive Technology A60; Definitive Technology CS-9060; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 350; Definitive Technology SR-8040BP; Klipsch Reference RW-12D; Belkin PF60; Oppo UDP-203; Toshiba HD-A3; PS3 60 GB; PS3 Slim; PS4 Pro; Xbox 360 S with HD DVD drive; Xbox One X: Wii; Wii U 32 GB; Nintendo Switch
post #7 of 61 Old 06-27-2019, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Is this another Disney release that lacks Dolby Vision on the disk? I've stopped buying them because of this but I think Avengers would be an exception... I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. Still would be disappointed if they don't offer the best HDR available for such a large release.

TV: LG B7A 65" Oled
AVR: Denon AVRX4300H
F/L: Emotiva Airmotiv T2, Center: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, Surround: Emotiva Airmotiv B1 x4, Atmos: Elac A4 x4, Subwoofer: PSA V1811, Actuator: Crowson x2
4k Player: Panasonic UB 820
post #8 of 61 Old 06-27-2019, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1795 Post(s)
Liked: 2096
Can't wait for this!!!!! Movie night on the horizon... Infinity War and Endgame back to back!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
arsMatrix and JeffR1 like this.
post #9 of 61 Old 06-27-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 202
May not be the right place to ask, but when did movies start releasing on digital first? I thought rental stores (a thing of the past?) had some sort of deal that they had first access before even redbox, is that no longer a thing?
post #10 of 61 Old 06-27-2019, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
You get your chance to compare, as the same day endgame comes out, you also get Iron Man 1, 2, 3, and the first 2 Thor movies all in 4K. Open you wallets Aug 13 guys!

Oppo Beta Group
post #11 of 61 Old 06-27-2019, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked: 961
I'm looking forward to finally watch this, only one more month to dodge spoilers.
smilingangel and JeffR1 like this.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #12 of 61 Old 06-27-2019, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2127 Post(s)
Liked: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
I'm looking forward to finally watch this, only one more month to dodge spoilers.
Rosebud was Thanos' sled.
tenthplanet and sdurani like this.
post #13 of 61 Old 06-27-2019, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
May not be the right place to ask, but when did movies start releasing on digital first? I thought rental stores (a thing of the past?) had some sort of deal that they had first access before even redbox, is that no longer a thing?
Its been a year or two at least.

The fact that this isn't IMAX Enhanced is the biggest disappointment of all.

Media: LG 77" OLED 4K C8 / Denon AVR-X8500H 7.1.4 / Oppo UDP-203 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / Sony 4K FMP-X10 / Gaming PC (Threadripper 1950X / 2x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI) / PlayStation 4 Pro with PS VR / PlayStation (original) - Family: Sony 85" 4K XBR-85X900F / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / C64 Mini - Game: Hisense 55" 4K 55H8C / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K
post #14 of 61 Old 06-27-2019, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2025 Post(s)
Liked: 2820
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Rosebud was Thanos' sled.
Thanos escaped from the D.C. Universe

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #15 of 61 Old 06-28-2019, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1795 Post(s)
Liked: 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

This has been going on for years. I remember this because a few years ago when I was considering Kaleidescape, their digital store releases coincided with the digital releases to Vudu and other platforms, with the discs being available weeks later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #16 of 61 Old 06-28-2019, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
This has been going on for years. I remember this because a few years ago when I was considering Kaleidescape, their digital store releases coincided with the digital releases to Vudu and other platforms, with the discs being available weeks later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I wasn't paying attention to digital until recently I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17 of 61 Old 06-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppgu View Post
Is this another Disney release that lacks Dolby Vision on the disk? I've stopped buying them because of this but I think Avengers would be an exception... I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. Still would be disappointed if they don't offer the best HDR available for such a large release.
I read an article from Forbes (I think) that said it was NOT going to be DV or HDR10+, just plain ol' vanilla HDR10. The guy went on and on about how terrible it was. Is it really that big of a deal? I can sometimes notice small differences between DV and HDR10, but at least on my 65", it's not much. Even Ralph here typically comments about seeing minor differences on some content.

Pioneer SC-95, 2x Crown XLS 1000 (LCR amps)
3x Epos Epic 2(LCR), 4x Emotiva UAW 6.2(Surrounds), 4x Aperion Intimus LC-I6(Atmos/DTS:X)
2x Dayton Ultimax 18" sealed(subs), Behringer Inuke 6000DSP(sub amp),
Vizio P-65C1 LED HDR
Oppo UDP-203 HD-Blu Ray Player, Oppo DV971H DVD Player, Roku Premiere+
post #18 of 61 Old 06-28-2019, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopianemo View Post
I read an article from Forbes (I think) that said it was NOT going to be DV or HDR10+, just plain ol' vanilla HDR10. The guy went on and on about how terrible it was. Is it really that big of a deal? I can sometimes notice small differences between DV and HDR10, but at least on my 65", it's not much. Even Ralph here typically comments about seeing minor differences on some content.
It depends on the movie. It's not night and day but the movies I've watched both versions of I very much preferred the DV version. For example... I felt the movie "It" was a solid 93 out of 100 in picture when I watched it in HDR 10 but I REALLY enjoyed it when I watched the DV version later and felt it was a solid 98. Also, typically I feel the movies that are done in DV simply look better but that could be that particular movie was just graded better, it's hard to tell.

What I do know is that it is superior so if we're spending $30 for a physical disk we should get the best available. It's complete and utter BS that a lot of movies don't have DV on the disk but the streaming version has it.
Utopianemo and spraticusx like this.

TV: LG B7A 65" Oled
AVR: Denon AVRX4300H
F/L: Emotiva Airmotiv T2, Center: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, Surround: Emotiva Airmotiv B1 x4, Atmos: Elac A4 x4, Subwoofer: PSA V1811, Actuator: Crowson x2
4k Player: Panasonic UB 820
post #19 of 61 Old 06-28-2019, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 81
No 3D disk in the 4k UHD package? Not interested.
post #20 of 61 Old 06-29-2019, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 106
More curious than anything about the home release than excited. No Dolby Vision, no IMAX, and nerfed audio.

Spoiler!
post #21 of 61 Old 06-29-2019, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2187 Post(s)
Liked: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnification View Post
No 3D disk in the 4k UHD package? Not interested.
And stupid movie.. Not interested!
arftech and Jsin_N like this.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #22 of 61 Old 06-29-2019, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
And stupid movie.. Not interested!
During some scenes I fell asleep!

Oppo UDP-203, Anthem AVM50V 3D, Proceed Amp 3, B&K ST-125.2, Cary Audio 306/200, Apple TV 4K, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Mk2 W Bridge2, Audeze LCD-2 F 2016, Mac Mini-Tidal HiFi/Roon, Apple iPad Pro/Roon Remote, Sony XBR65X930C, Sonus faber Luito Towers, Sonus faber Luito Monitors, Sonus faber Smart Center Channel, REL T2, Sony SWF-BR100W Wireless Subwoofer for 930C
post #23 of 61 Old 06-29-2019, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2578
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSonyExperience View Post
More curious than anything about the home release than excited. No Dolby Vision, no IMAX, and nerfed audio.
Yeah, I'm really disappointed that the 4K 1.9:1 IMAX version is not seeing release. IMO, that is the definitive way to see this film. Instead we get the 2K 2.35:1 standard release. I'm sure it will look good but... come on Disney.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #24 of 61 Old 06-29-2019, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSonyExperience View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Yeah, I'm really disappointed that the 4K 1.9:1 IMAX version is not seeing release. IMO, that is the definitive way to see this film. Instead we get the 2K 2.35:1 standard release. I'm sure it will look good but... come on Disney.
An article on Forbes from 3 days ago. Was curious to see maybe they were going to release the IMAX version on a separate disk.

Quote:
Endgame was shot entirely with IMAX cameras, but it seems that there will be no support for IMAX’s ‘screen filling’ aspect ratio or potentially higher quality image resources. Despite fans setting up a petition last year (ahead of the also HDR-only and IMAXless 4K Blu-ray release of 'Avengers: Infinity War') to try and persuade Disney to release Marvel titles with at least the option of watching them, or parts of them, in the IMAX format.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#41af81863966

I didn't realize the movie was filmed entirely in IMAX. That must have been expensive.

As for the rest:

Quote:
First, the press pack’s impressively detailed specifications on Endgame’s various format releases makes it clear that the 4K Blu-ray is not going to carry any sort of dynamic HDR master - be it Dolby Vision or HDR10+. This means that people with HDR10+ or Dolby Vision-capable TVs and 4K Blu-ray players won’t be able to enjoy the impressive extra image dynamism associated with these two premium HDR formats.

Instead the film will only be available on 4K Blu-ray in the basic HDR10 format, which doesn’t provide any scene by scene data and so leaves TVs having to figure things out for themselves based on much more basic information that’s applied across the film as a whole.
post #25 of 61 Old 06-30-2019, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
I just don't understand how Disney was willing to invest so much into this film with all shots being IMAX just to not pass that on to the what will probably be the biggest home release of this year, if not, ever.
sage11x and thehun like this.

Spoiler!
post #26 of 61 Old 06-30-2019, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 3054 Post(s)
Liked: 2004
Will be picking this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BrolicBeast likes this.

God Bless,
Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
post #27 of 61 Old 06-30-2019, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Picking this up for sure to complete this phase of Marvel. I like others hope that disney goes all out for this 4K release however I will take at least a decent mix on par with captain marvel for comparison.

If they are listening give us what was presented for the Aquaman 4K movie which was in my opinion hard hitting.
post #28 of 61 Old 06-30-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R View Post
Disney audio mixes have been better as of late but several of their major releases have equally major disappointing audio (Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, The Last Jedi, etc.).

Past performance = future results. I'm betting that Endgame will have gimped audio.
You may or may not know about this... Puts the bass back where it should be.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...ed-movies.html
BrolicBeast likes this.

Panny UB820, Denon X6300H in 6.1.4 mode, Epson 5040UB, SVS PCUltra paired with a MiniDSP HD and BEQ (of course!)
Working on making things blacker...
post #29 of 61 Old 06-30-2019, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2127 Post(s)
Liked: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkingincharge View Post
(snip)

If they are listening give us what was presented for the Aquaman 4K movie which was in my opinion hard hitting.
I wonder whether Marvel would pay attention to what was done with a DC title?
post #30 of 61 Old 06-30-2019, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
From the article, "select retailers include Dolby Vision" does this mean just streaming?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page