Ford v Ferrari Ultra HD Blu-ray Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 90Likes

post #1 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1746 Post(s)
Liked: 6508
Ford v Ferrari Ultra HD Blu-ray Review

Matt Damon and Christian Bale star in Ford v Ferrari, a drama/biopic film based on the remarkable true story about Ford Motor Company’s attempt to create the world’s fastest car. Check out Ralph Potts’ Ultra HD Blu-ray review from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/UHD Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Fox - 2019
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Feature running time: 152 minutes
Genre: Drama/Biopic

Disc Format: BD-66
Encoding: HEVC
Video Aspect: 2.39:1
Resolution: 2160p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1, DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio, Spanish/French Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Starring: Chtistian Bale, Matt Damon, Josh Lucas, Noah Jupe, Jon Bernthal, Caitriona Balfe, Tracy Letts
Directed by: James Mangold
Music by: Marco Beltrami, Buck Sanders
Written by: Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth, Jason Keller
Region Code: A

Release Date: February 11, 2020

"Based on the Incredible True Story"

Synopsis:

“Matt Damon and Christian Bale star in Ford v Ferrari, a drama/biopic film based on the remarkable true story about Ford Motor Company’s attempt to create the world’s fastest car.” – 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

My Take:

American car designer Carroll Shelby (Damon) and the fearless British-born driver Ken Miles (Bale), together battled corporate interference and the laws of physics to build a revolutionary race car and take on Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.

This is a fascinating film/story that seems to capture the spirit of the uncompromising intensity of Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles, both apart and together. At its heart Ford v Ferrari is a character driven film but, likewise there is a rich and raw quality to the thematic details which underscores the drama. The script does a superlative job drawing the characters of Ken and Shelby (as most call him) and inserting them within the narrative framework. Likewise, the handling of the story’s integral players in Henry Ford II (or “Deuce”), Lee Iacocca, Peter Miles (Kens son) and Leo Beebe that surround them is outstanding.

The film does a wonderful job of setting the stage for its various conflicts, letting them unfold and allowing the audience to bask in the outcome, good or bad. We get to see not only the friendship and respect between Ken and Shelby but, the depth surrounding what made them tick. They are two completely different archetypes hewn from the same rock that have converged. Over the course of the film the lines between what makes them different blurs, not so much through transference but, with an empathetic understanding derived from a perspective seen through each man’s eyes.

What remains is the thrill of seeing their masterpiece built/tested and unleashed. The racing sequences are marvelously shot and choreographed. Director James Mangold and director of photography Phedon Papamichael draw the audience in with tight camera work, white knuckle flinching moments and spot on editing that captures some of the raw emotion and power of the on-field driving/competition. Both Christian Bale and Matt Damon are to be commended on their portrayals of Ken and Shelby.

Ford v Ferrari is as big as its biographical subjects. I loved its visceral honesty and evocative drama which when mated with its subtly crafted yet completely involving action made for a compelling and gratifying film experience that reminds me why I am a film enthusiast.

Replay Value:

Parental Guide:

The rating is for some language and peril.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

UHD Presentation: 94
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

Dolby Atmos Rating: 96

• Level of immersion:
  • Soundstage integration:
  • Audio object placement:
  • Effectiveness of Atmos platform:
  • Entertainment factor:

Ford v Ferrari comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment featuring 2160pHEVC encoded video and lossless Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1 channel sound.

For its presentation in Ultra HD Ford v Ferrari was rendered from a 4.5K source and finished on a 2K DI. This period film is essentially colorful throughout, and the Ultra HD rendering makes the most of its elements. With a discernible increase in detail and emboldened chromatic highlights the image appears sharper and vibrant when compared to the 1080p version. Primary colors are pleasingly rich while whites appear gradational and punchy. The spectrum of secondary colors is vividly reproduced as well.

The sequence when Shelby leaves the doctor’s office provides a glimpse of what it to come, but it’s the first scene at the race track, between Ken and Shelby, that offers the bonus that the presentation’s wide color gamut has to offer. The combination of rich color, sepia, and gradational whites look great.

I also enjoyed the implementation of HDR. The added dimension in blacks, and shadows during the low-level scenes, such as the one where Ken tests out the first prototype, is immediately noticeable. There are key sequences where the cinematography makes use of shadows, streaming light and a mix of light/dark elements, like the ones that take place at Le Mans in the dark. It’s application here is used very well, drawing upon HDR’s ability to create stark contrast between the two. The blend of shadow detail/depth of field offset by the presence of light at varying levels, looked very natural.

The film has a variety of sequences that make use of close up camera angles that show off the superb rendering of detail. The exterior sequences featured in the film have appreciable depth which has an enriching, and eye-catching aesthetic. The difference between viewing Ford v Ferrari in high definition and Ultra HD isn't stark but, there is no question that it benefitted from the increase in resolution, emboldened color and high dynamic range treatment.

Dolby Atmos:

In listening to the Dolby Atmos surround mix I found it to be of the active variety that makes steady use of the platform. Its use of audio objects placed above is a mix of atmospherics, discrete effects and music accompaniment. This is done to excellent effect, creating a tangible level of immersion that coincides with the onscreen in an involving and sometime visceral fashion. This is a surprisingly good presentation that incorporates a plethora of head turning effects that bring the entire system platform to life. The sequences involving the racing and race car prototype tests, contain a host of effects, near field pans and, ambient extension that rotate around the soundstage, shifting overhead, passing by at ear level and coming directly at the listening position.

It's not just the action that sounds great either. On several occasions while watching, I found myself saying aloud (with a smile on my face) this mix sounds great. This is an entertaining Atmos presentation that brings everything together in a resplendent blend of room traversing, and well-balanced sound that shows what the format is capable of.

For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link:

Ultra HD Blu-ray Has Come to AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Blu-ray Video:

Video: 94

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Audio: 96

• Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialog Reproduction:
  • DSU/DTS Neural:X Rating * (non-rated element): NA

Ford v Ferrari comes to Blu-ray Disc from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video and lossless DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound.

This is a great looking new release title from Fox. Images onscreen exhibit plenty of fine rendering and crisp definition that on occasion rises to higher levels especially during close ups which can be very revealing. Long range shots appear resolute with good dimensional depth and notable object detail. Bright exterior segments are punchy with crisp dynamic whites and appreciable texture. Colors are vivid, with oversaturated primaries, notably green, that appear pleasing in high definition. Fleshtones are tonally divergent and appear predominantly lifelike in depiction. Blacks are respectable and shadow detail is revealing of appreciable levels of delineation in dark backgrounds and low lighting.

As with all of Fox’s Ultra HD Blu-ray releases, the bundled Blu-ray version of Ford v Ferrari contains a 7.1 channel DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack, rather than a Dolby Atmos mix, which is found only on the UHD version, leaving those without an Ultra HD capable set up, but with immersive sound capabilities, out in the cold. It would be nice to see future Ultra HD Combo Packs that combine the two.

Like the video presentation, the 7.1 channel DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack doesn’t disappoint. This is an entertaining audio presentation that utilizes the entire system to create a theater like experience. Sound staging is excellent as both the front and rear channels are seamlessly integrated. Sound effects traverse the room during the racing sequences. Dynamics are energy filled and impact felt with discerning articulation and resolute clarity. There is no ultra-low frequency content contained here however where appropriate there is ample bass tactility and room resonating response that will keep your subwoofer thumping along. Dialogue has excellent soundstage presence with clear, defining vocal character and excellent room penetration. This is a terrific audio/video presentation that complimented the subject matter.

Bonus Features:
  • Disc 1: Ford v Ferrari Ultra HD Blu-ray
  • Disc 2: Ford v Ferrari Blu-ray
  • Bringing the Rivalry to Life – 8-Part Documentary
  • Digital Copy

Final Thoughts:

Based on the true story Ford v Ferrari is a superbly crafted and engagingly executed biopic that tells the compelling story of two men that set out to change the face of car racing at the Le Mans in France. It comes to Blu-ray from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment featuring excellent Ultra HD video, terrific lossless surround sound, including an engaging Dolby Atmos immersive mix, and a middling supplemental set. Ford v Ferrari is simply a must have for film and home theater enthusiasts. Enjoy!

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS2000 4K Ultra High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman color calibration software and Portrait Displays C6 HDR2000 colorimeter from Portrait.com)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV7704 Audio/Video Processor
Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3 Seven Channel Amplifier
Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3 Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/Roomie Remote V6 Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
Dual SVS PC4000 Cylinder Subwoofers
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
AC Infinity Aircom T8 Component Cooling Systems

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just picked this up yesterday and looking forward to watching it this weekend. Thanks for the review Ralph.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #3 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked: 1845
It's rare that I get to see a film (on disk) before a review is posted, but I watched this on release day.

I don't have much to add, other than mentioning that it won Oscars for film editing and sound editing. The sound track was engaging without becoming overly loud.

Matt Damon was good, Christian Bale was almost unbelievably good.

I had to laugh at Ken Miles' (Bale) first encounter with Leo Beebe (Josh Lucas) at the launch of the Mustang. Miles complained that it was a secretary's car. (105 HP straight 6, 3 speed manual. Not exactly PC these days, and there are nearly no "secretaries" any more.) In the film, Beebe hated Miles ever after, and was always trying to sabotage his racing career.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 974
Fantastic disc for sure - giddy good all around
Toe and Ralph Potts like this.

15400 Watts of Atmos Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived - JVC N7
post #5 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9698 Post(s)
Liked: 6724
Saw it in a small theater with sound no better than what I have at home.

Very very good and only a couple of throwaway scenes were fake the vast majority of it, especially all the racing and development, were covered accurately.

A bit more Ferrari sound would have been nice though!
Panson and Ralph Potts like this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #6 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Haven't seen it but did pick up the steelbook on release day. It's on the watch soon list along with about a half dozen other recent new releases... LOL

Glad the review is solid. Thanks Ralph!
Ralph Potts likes this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #7 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 177
First of all, thank you for this review. I've been waiting for it for a few weeks now. I already purchased the disc a few days ago through pure excitement as this was my favorite film of last year. Glad to see that it also lived up to hype on the home release side. I'll watch at home for the first time tonight. Again, thank you! And to anyone else, I highly recommend this film. It's truly remarkable.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Spoiler!
post #8 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
Just an outstanding piece of filmmaking that I saw during its theatrical run Damon and Bales are both excellent as is the entire supporting cast and the racing scenes are first rate. If the AV quality is as good as it seems, I might just have to race over to my Best Buy in my hella hot Toyota Camry (at least it has the V6 engine) and plunk down yet more coin on yet another showcase release.

I remember the Ford Shelby GT500 Mustangs. They weren't common on NY streets but boy were they hot cars.
post #9 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3998 Post(s)
Liked: 3280
Just realized this thread was up. Me too, probably my favorite release of 2019. Most people don't realize what a beast the GT40 is, near impossible to control and absolutely the most uncomfortable thing ever built. Its a car that's trying to kill you from the second you get in. Anyways, great stuff.
post #10 of 40 Old 02-14-2020, 11:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Thanks Ralph. Just finish watching it. We really enjoy it. It was really awesome! Both acting of Christian and Matt are top! Audio is awesome! Well worthy $36 CAD. Thx Ralph again.
post #11 of 40 Old 02-15-2020, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
They are two completely different archetypes hewn from the same rock that have converged. Over the course of the film the lines between what makes them different blurs, not so much through transference but, with an empathetic understanding derived from a perspective seen through each man’s eyes.
Excellent review as always, Ralph - kudos!

I was waiting for your review before purchase, but I couldn't hold out and purchased on release date & watched immediately. Gripping film that holds your interest throughout. I thought it was one of if not the best films I have seen in a long time.

You can tell that Ralph really spent a lot of time and effort on his review, and I couldn't agree more with his salient points.

To me, this film really made Lee Iacocca look like a huge dick!
post #12 of 40 Old 02-15-2020, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Thanks for the solid review Ralph. This is an excellent movie. My wife and I saw it at the theater and were both enthralled from the get go. Never a lull. Was surprised that she enjoyed it almost as much as I did. This script is tight!
Ralph Potts likes this.

Last edited by edved1; 02-17-2020 at 07:17 PM.
post #13 of 40 Old 02-15-2020, 06:57 AM

post #14 of 40 Old 02-15-2020, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Well, this has now gone on my purchase list (thanks for the review!!!) and...

Can we talk about this movie without talking about cars? No...I don't think so.

I've owned 5 Fords, 2 '68 Cougars, a '72 Pinto (decent cheep car that got an undeserving bad rep), a '74 Bronco (my ultimate project rig, converted to modern disk breaks), and a Focus. The "early" cars were dead simple to work on but would you figure...the breaks were weak (humm, who could have guessed). A Subaru Legacy replaced the Focus because I need the space for hauling but dumped it because of...the breaks (it's NOT funny, really, cost lots of $). The last two cars have been Toyota, there was also a Turbo Dodge Colt in there as well (BTW the Toyota's and Colt had/have good breaks).

The point being? I was an early Ford fan so this is a must buy!!! And it sounds like a really good movie!!!! How can it be a miss?!

Cheers,
RagtopFE and Ralph Potts like this.

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
post #15 of 40 Old 02-15-2020, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Loved the movie! One of the very few movies i have purchased full price day of release as I usually wait till they go to $19.99 or below CAD. As some have said before me, the racing sequences were outstanding! One little thing, did anybody else notice a little warmer skin tone, just a tad brownish? Not that my display is professionally calibrated, but I thought it was a bit weird, or because they were in sunny California that they all had tans? LOL!
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #16 of 40 Old 02-15-2020, 10:10 PM
Toe

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 2786 Post(s)
Liked: 3712
Awesome movie! Just got done with a rental and really enjoyed the film, acting, etc....
GPBURNS and Ralph Potts like this.
post #17 of 40 Old 02-16-2020, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
post #18 of 40 Old 02-16-2020, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
thx for steering me to this movie one of the better movies(in all aspects) i have seen in quite awhile!
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #19 of 40 Old 02-16-2020, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Right on Ralph, I thought you might like it too, this was easily the best "guy's" movie in a long time that stayed clear from the "modernizing" efforts that plagues many films these days. Bale just gave another stellar performance here. Kudos to the sound team for their well deserved Oscar as well.
Yes buy it!!
Ralph Potts, GPBURNS and SuperFist like this.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

You want true diversity? Champion the diversity of thoughts!

The Hun
post #20 of 40 Old 02-16-2020, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 3912 Post(s)
Liked: 2286
my wife and I streamed it last night albeit at only 1080p as I couldnt find any streaming options at better rez. think my wife enjoyed it more than me...wtf is wrong with me??? lol great movie.
wxchaser likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
post #21 of 40 Old 02-16-2020, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
my wife and I streamed it last night albeit at only 1080p as I couldnt find any streaming options at better rez. think my wife enjoyed it more than me...wtf is wrong with me??? lol great movie.
I can see that. The Missus & Son (Catriona Balfe, Noah Jupe) was good subplot.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
post #22 of 40 Old 02-17-2020, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Thanks for a great review. Saw it twice at the theater, and since purchasing it, we have watched it 3 more times. The movie captures everything, especially from the driver's perspective. If you are a driver of any sports car on Autocross or Tracking your car at different venues, you know exactly what it's like and that feel. When Ken talks with his son about the perfect lap....it's all true. Both me and the wife run our cars on different race tracks, and loved how this movie gave that driver perspective. Also, my wife's father worked with Iacocca on different projects. So there was another little closeness she appreciated.

I knew a lot about Ken and Shelby even before the movie was released, and to see this movie just nail it so good, again just amazing. Both Ken and Carrol were both known for their driving instinct, they just had it and others say there has not been anyone since. When you see one going "not yet... not yet...." in the movie, that came across loud and clear. And while in Vegas at SEMA, we stopped by Shelby's shop to see the Number 1 GT40 Ken Drove.
post #23 of 40 Old 02-17-2020, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Got to watch this over the weekend and I thought it was riveting. One of the few recent films that I've wanted to re-watch almost immediately. The plot is a bit lacking in subtlety (mostly in the motivations and machinations of the suits at Ford) but Damon and Bale had a wonderful dynamic and the racing scenes were simply superb.
Jive Turkey and Ralph Potts like this.

Last edited by yamato72; 02-17-2020 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to quote
post #24 of 40 Old 02-18-2020, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 46
My son and I watched this on Sunday night. I knew nothing about the story but I enjoy watching M. Damon and C.Bale. The movie was fantastic. Can’t say enough good things about it. Looking forward to watching it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ralph Potts and Craig Peer like this.
post #25 of 40 Old 02-18-2020, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 7442 Post(s)
Liked: 16910
Was only going to rent this, but after all the glowing praise, you guys twisted my arm and I ordered the BBY Steelbook.

post #26 of 40 Old 02-18-2020, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Excellent character development; that's where this film and other good films go.
Ralph Potts likes this.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
post #27 of 40 Old 02-19-2020, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Beautiful steelbook... and watched it last night. Amazing story... amazing movie. Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Atmos was great! I bought the OLED for PQ like this!
Ralph Potts and SuperFist like this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #28 of 40 Old 02-19-2020, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 1746 Post(s)
Liked: 6508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisPNW View Post
Beautiful steelbook... and watched it last night. Amazing story... amazing movie. Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Atmos was great! I bought the OLED for PQ like this!

Greetings,

Woo hoo! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it Travis! Thanks for offering your thoughts.

Regards,
TravisPNW likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
post #29 of 40 Old 02-19-2020, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 545
This was an amazing awesome movie. I have not seen all of the "Award Show Best Ofs" yet but this one pulled ahead of Once Upon a Time for me.

The character development, script, acting, racing, all of it, best of year for me.

Not sure the names of the actors of Ken's wife and child but thought they were great. In fact the entire cast including the Ford executives were spot on too.

My streaming service allows 48 hours to watch a rented movie. This is the first and only movie of 2019 I watched twice in 24 hours. Hell maybe in years.

This will be a BUY in something like UHD for sure. I don't buy many these days but this one is a must.
post #30 of 40 Old 02-19-2020, 03:14 PM

Posted in another thread, here's James May's take on the F v F story:

I think the whole story is even more interesting and diverse than this movie depicts, lots of stuff has been written and broacast about it over the years.
Ralph Potts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page